KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Anakin Skywalker(RoTS) Vs Darth Plagueis.

Anakin Skywalker(RoTS) Vs Darth Plagueis.
Started by: Fated Xtasy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Aggression=/=Force Rage. I can see why ComicVine didn't like you, like holy shit.
People like you give me the encouragement to make blogs on Force Rage and how it works. no expression

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:02 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

comicvine didn't like me because I kicked some ''so called star wars expert'' ass smile And even one of them followed me all the way here xD

And don't change the subject, I am still waiting for the answer ;

quote:
If you do it too quick, you are gonna get trouble. His downfall is gonna be aggression. Watch this ****ing video, and explain to me how Anakin become level 9 then he matched with Obi-Wan ''perfectly'' ...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:07 AM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Marco1907
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1PAOPveZtoE

If you do it too quick, you are gonna get trouble. His downfall is gonna be aggression.

Watch this ****ing video, and explain to me how Anakin become level 9 then he matched with Obi-Wan ''perfectly'' ...

Are you dense? He doesn't mention it being due to force rage at all. He also explicitly states that Anakain has surpassed Kenobi. His talk about them matching each other has to do with them both being aggressive fighters (which contradicts the EU) not their level of power.

Last edited by ares834 on Oct 15th, 2014 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:07 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Force Rage isn't aggression. Force Rage is an entirely different Dark-side art which, if Anakin utilized here, would mean he would have never been able to fight for over 10 minutes strait. It's literally impossible.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:08 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

And there is still no logical answer for 'perfectly matched' ... Is that some kind of tongue twister...?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Only if you ignore all context and fail to realize that he is talking about their style not their power.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:13 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by ares834
Only if you ignore all context and fail to realize that he is talking about their style not their power.

So I am the one ignoring the all context ? Lol. He simply said that Anakin become level 9 ''too quickly'', that is why he was not ready for that level, it is just as simple is that.

Or you can explain to me how he failed to beat Obi-Wan...

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:16 AM
ares834

He failed to beat Kenobi because Anakin is a head case. Mentally he isn't as good a fighter as Kenobi and that's why Kenobi wins despite being the inferior fighter. Kenobi is focused and prepared, Anakin is impulsive and reckless. That's what Gillard is getting at when he says Anakin progressed through the levels "too quickly". He has the power and the skill, but he hasn't learned the mental side yet.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:20 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Is it really difficult to work out?

Yes, Anakin is a 9 and Obi-Wan is an 8, in terms of dueling skill. So Anakin is more skilled. And yes, they were also perfectly even on Mustafar. Why?

Because, anyone who read Revenge of the Sith would have noted the part where it talked about them being "two halves of one warrior", and all the rest of it. They have near enough perfect synergy, and because of this, they know each other's fighting style in and out. They can anticipate each other's moves seamlessly, and that's why the duel was so prolonged. That, and Anakin seemed to have more trouble than Obi-Wan at letting go and going for the kill.

And no, Erkan, I didn't follow you here, LOL.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 03:03 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

And he also says, that's only because Anakin used temporary force rage. (Similar to what TPM Kenobi did when Qui-Gon died, Anakin probably thought Obi-Wan died there)

(please log in to view the image) Nope, Anakin is clearly catching up to Dooku throughout TCWs. Dooku, Mace, Yoda, Anakin, and Sidious are all "level 9 swordsmen." A huge tier above Kenobi.

The North Remembers

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 04:07 AM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Remember when Windu could barely stop Palpatine's force lightning, and only staved the attack off with his vapaad and superconducting loop? I think the disparity in strength in defensive Force ability between Skywalker and amped-Windu is greater than that between Plagueis and Palpatine.

Now, if Anakin is significantly more powerful in the Force than Obi Wan, why did their telekensis deadlock?

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 04:28 AM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Anakin stands no chance against Plagueis. That being said, Skywalker outclasses Kenobi. The showing on Mustafar can easily be dismissed as ridiculously low end on account of his emotional instability.

The North Remembers

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:15 PM
Click here to Send Lord Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Plageuis kicks Anakins ass.

And also Obi-wan>Anakin See Rots for proof.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 02:29 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Plageuis has no impressive lightsaber feats that would put him anywhere close to Anakin's level of combat.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Stark
Lord of Winterfell

Originally posted by WildBantha88

(please log in to view the image)

The North Remembers

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 03:12 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by ILS
And no, Erkan, I didn't follow you here, LOL.

I can vividly remember your dismay upon realizing he was already here.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 03:14 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

And there is still no logical answer for 'perfectly matched' ... Is that some kind of tongue twister...?

Nick Gillard gives his answer in The Making of ROTS. Because they know each others moves inside out so can't get past each other's defenses. I'll find the exact quote and page number tonight if you want it.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 03:31 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by WildBantha88

thumb up

Old Post Oct 15th, 2014 03:57 PM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Nick Gillard gives his answer in The Making of ROTS. Because they know each others moves inside out so can't get past each other's defenses. I'll find the exact quote and page number tonight if you want it.

Not only that.

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/sta...th-nick-gillard

In this article Nick Gillard elaborates on one level difference:
"but if you miss a level, it’s a bit like taking drugs to get enlightenment.”

The fact that Kenobi was the one constantly driven back and barely keeping up with Anakin is enough indication of prowess difference.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 10:20 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lord Stark
Anakin stands no chance against Plagueis. That being said, Skywalker outclasses Kenobi. The showing on Mustafar can easily be dismissed as ridiculously low end on account of his emotional instability.

Or perhaps it's best to say that Skywalker's abilities fluctuate wildly depending on his emotional state. The Skywalker we see manhandling Dooku could possibly destroy Plagueis if distances were small.

Originally posted by Arhael
The fact that Kenobi was the one constantly driven back and barely keeping up with Anakin is enough indication of prowess difference.

But you see, I don't actually see that. Obi Wan does give up ground, yes, but that's exactly what soresu masters typically do. There are multiple times when Obi Wan chooses to stand his ground against Anakin, and in none of those instances does he get his ass kicked. Anakin's primary advantage, his raw power, doesn't really do much against the consummate soresu master, and his ability to harness the Force offensively seemed to equal his former master's when they tried telekinesis on one another, basically leaving him with his greater stamina reserves (he's clearly not as winded as Obi Wan is). Anakin > Obi Wan, but on Mustafar they were rather evenly matched.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 09:17 PM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote