KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Tempest's Official Primer on Sidious > Maul&Savage

Tempest's Official Primer on Sidious > Maul&Savage
Started by: The_Tempest

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 8 9 [10] 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The_Tempest

You seem upset that LFL bigwigs love and revere Sheev.

Calm down.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 01:02 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

You seem upset by how much you love and revere my little "Sheev".

Don't calm down. wink

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

That makes a kind of sense that doesn't.

Does it still perturb you that Sheev is a Bigger Bad to Star Wars than Bane and Vitiate, whom no one cares about?

Why don't you like successful villains, Neph?

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 01:11 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Sheev, yknow like sheath. Like my bum. Its like a metaphor where the dick is a sword and the bumhole is a sheath. God, read a ****ing dictionary douchefag.

Technically speaking Bane succeeded in all his goals and Vitiate ruled his Empire for about 500 times as long as Sidious managed.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 01:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:

Technically speaking Bane succeeded in all his goals

Is this an admission that Bane is inferior to Sidious, Plagueis, and Tenebrous?

quote:
and Vitiate ruled his Empire for about 500 times as long as Sidious managed.

I'm sure Sidious would also have managed ruling for that kind of time if he decided to hide in the far corner of the galaxy rather than conquering it.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 01:24 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No? Bane succeeded in wiping out the Brotherhood, training Zannah, creating a holocron and establishing the RoT line. Which were his life goals.

Irrelevant? I was just saying that Vitiate was also successful. Sitting pretty for 1300 years isn't anything to sneeze at.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2015 01:38 PM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Vitiate didn't actually conquer the Republic, though. He managed to badly damage it, but suffered considerable losses to his own Empire in the process.

@Darth Power -

quote:
Never claimed they did. I just highly doubt Sidious purposefully let a Physical Beast like Opress land a physical hit on him. Or let Maul land a kick on him in an intense duel with those dangerous Mechanical legs of his.

I wasn't even posting specifically in response to you, so I never said anything about you or what you said.

Anyway, this is entirely up to your reckoning, in my opinion. It's not going to be possible to convince anybody to budge from their position regarding this.

quote:

He certainly put Opress completely down with a kick. But pretty sure Maul tanked/rolled with each kick Sidious gave him.

He does roll with them, but again, I have my reservations about Sidious applying maximum (or considerable) force behind each one.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 08:26 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Also, regarding Filoni's "no one can compete with this guy", he's likely referring to the main characters of the series (or the story arc in particular), and obviously not beings like the Ones etc.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 08:27 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SunRazer
V

@Darth Power -

I wasn't even posting specifically in response to you, so I never said anything about you or what you said.

Ah ok.

VAnyway, this is entirely up to your reckoning, in my opinion. It's not going to be possible to convince anybody to budge from their position regarding this.

He does roll with them, but again, I have my reservations about Sidious applying maximum (or considerable) force behind each one.

Fair enough. I don't mind people having reservations. I do mind people presenting their reservations as fact.

Originally posted by Nephthys
TBF Filoni was exaggerating when he said no one could compete with Sidious. Mace, Yoda and Talzin could. Duh. erm

Not even getting into the you know who's.

Also, regarding Filoni's "no one can compete with this guy", he's likely referring to the main characters of the series (or the story arc in particular), and obviously not beings like the Ones etc.

That's exactly my point though about not taking his comments so damn literally, otherwise we would have to believe that even Yoda can't compete with him (never mind the ones).

And if he's exaggerating on that, then he's probably slightly exaggerating on the "can't even touch him" part.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jul 13th, 2015 at 09:51 AM

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 09:42 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Looks like we're still at impasse, DP. I see nothing that indicates Maul was pressing Sheev. All I see is a blatantly one-sided fight that the Zabraks could never have won.

Don't disagree tbh.

Just think the Zabraks (especially Maul) were better in the "Saber" portion of the fight than you give them/him credit for.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 09:59 AM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by The_Tempest
That makes a kind of sense that doesn't.

Does it still perturb you that Sheev is a Bigger Bad to Star Wars than Bane and Vitiate, whom no one cares about?

Why don't you like successful villains, Neph?
(please log in to view the image)

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 10:10 AM
Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

The Emperor just put it in Magneto's butt. Magneto is the bottom? Sheev is so manly.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 10:38 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I'd laugh but my throat is too sore.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 13th, 2015 04:51 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Maul was a rival to Sheev.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 03:29 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

laughing out loud

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 03:58 AM
Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Ah, let it be, ares. The Maul wankage has been lacking here lately.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 04:04 AM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Kinda miss the days with Marco, tbh

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 04:09 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ares834

laughing out loud
He lost granted but he pressed Sheev. Do not forget Sheev begged for Windu to spare him. He also tried to flee from a fight against Yoda which is very cowardly.

Maul is the true lord of the sith.

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 04:25 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
|King Joker|
Your Excellency

Maul vs. Khan?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 04:33 AM
Click here to Send |King Joker| a Private Message Find more posts by |King Joker| Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by |King Joker|
Maul vs. Khan?
What do you think ?

Old Post Jul 20th, 2015 04:47 AM