KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Sidious and Darth Vader vs Darth Plagueis and Vitiate

Darth Sidious and Darth Vader vs Darth Plagueis and Vitiate
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AncientPower
Starkiller was described as 'nearly three times faster' than Vader himself and Starkiller could only stalemate him in that duel, he relied on the Force to defeat his master.

So no speed is not taking out Vader, in-fact in almost every one of his duels his opponent is faster but he wins 90% of the time anyway.

Plagueis cannot out-duel Vader, Vader is one of the best duelists the Sith have ever had.

It's a stalemate because their TK feats and endurance feats are roughly similar.

However team 2 loses because Vitiate has literally nothing on Darth Sidious.

Starkiller has never moved fast enough to be perceived as a bolt of red lightning, never dodged omnidirectional blaster fire, never moved among hundreds of Kursid of warriors and received no damage, and never moved faster than 114D (who could dodge blaster bolts himself, and possessed advanced photoreceptors) could track. Plagueis is faster than Starkiller.

quote:
Plagueis cannot out-duel Vader, Vader is one of the best duelists the Sith have ever had.

I never said Plagueis would outduel Vader, granted Venamis is a superior opponent to the vast majority of Vader's opponents (Roan Shryne, Dark Woman, ESB Luke, and ROTJ Luke) are all nowhere near as fast as Venamis. Vader is more skilled, but given Plagueis's speed, comparable physical strength, and vastly superior mobility that advantage is negated.

quote:
It's a stalemate because their TK feats and endurance feats are roughly similar.

I'll just agree to disagree

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 05:18 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

Team 2 comfortably.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 07:58 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Vitiate is no match for either Vader or the Emperor and gets summarily ragdolled or blitzed by either Vader or Sidious

And Plagueis while superior to Vader, is no match for them as a team. Vitiate isnt helping Plagueis at all.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 08:02 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Vitiate isn't getting rag-dolled but against Sidious he has no chance.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 08:10 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah he is. Vitiate is only approaching Sidious with a nexus and prep, off nexus he is slower, massively outgunned in terms of force power, and far less skilled on a hideously obvious level.

He wont even be able to perceive Sidious's movements let alone react to them. He'd died before he could even try to gather power.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 08:13 AM
Revanchiste

Sidious super power vader sub super power.
Plagueis super power Vitiate super power...

So... Vitiate and plagueis !!!

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 09:47 AM
Click here to Send Revanchiste a Private Message Find more posts by Revanchiste Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Team 1

Old Post Sep 16th, 2015 09:49 AM
EmperorSidious2
Master of Magic

I don't know. Vitiate+Plagueis. I don't know if Vader beats Plaguies. However I guess Sidious woudl defeat Vitiate before Plagueis beats Vader. Team 1

Old Post Sep 16th, 2015 01:04 PM
Click here to Send EmperorSidious2 a Private Message Find more posts by EmperorSidious2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Vader cuts down Vitiate while Sidious defeats Plagueis. Team 1 wins.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2015 01:12 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Sidious can beat either, but Vader gets brought down by either.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 09:45 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Which incarnations of Vitiate and Sidious are these? That's the most decisive factor here imo.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2015 01:08 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Vader does a RotJ and gives Sidious a Force wedgie before hurling him into Plagueis' sabers.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:14 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Sinious
Which incarnations of Vitiate and Sidious are these? That's the most decisive factor here imo.
Doesn't matter. Even TPM Sidious can be argued to be above Vitiate.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 10:17 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tondemonai

Originally posted by SunRazer
Vader does a RotJ and gives Sidious a Force wedgie before hurling him into Plagueis' sabers.

thumb up

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 09:43 PM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tondemonai

What I'm confused about is why so many people are wanking on Vitiate. He's not in any way shape or form the weak link. Plagueis could beat Vader, though it could go either way for the most part IMO. Now with Sheev and Viti it purely depends on their incarnations. If it's DE Sidious then it doesn't really matter and team 1 wins, unless it's post Ziost Vitiate who just might last long enough for Plagueis to take out Vader, or for him to die and get double teamed. Either way though, it rides on incarnations, anything but Ziost Vitiate will probably lose assuming Sids is as of RotJ or past. Otherwise might go either way again but I'm just going to stop here until the OP decides to state what the god damn incarnations are.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 09:53 PM
Click here to Send Tondemonai a Private Message Find more posts by Tondemonai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthBeanzz

I actually see Plageuis as the weak link here. He's greatly attuned to the dark side and the most philosophical Sith Lord out there...but that's the problem. He's an academic. He's nowhere near as combat-oriented as the others, especially Vader. He might be faster and more agile than Vader...but so is almost everyone Vader's ever faced. And Vader is still capable of moving at blinding speeds. Team 1 has the clear edge as swordsmen.

In terms of Force powers though, it's almost a dead heat. Vader's very much a blunt instrument with massive TK power, but Plagueis can very likely match that himself. All 3 of the others are experts with lightning, though Plagueis probably falls shortest among them. But he makes up for it with midi-chlorian manipulation...if he can get close enough and hold an opponent down long enough to use it. Sidious and Vitiate probably wash out with lightning, but Sidious has other things like dark rage and essence transfer to fall back on. Vitiate has some Sith sorcery powers, but they take time and concentration to use.

Overall, I'd say Team 1's superior swordplay keeps Team 2 from really using their game-ending Force powers. They just won't have an opportunity to use them if they're busy defending themselves from furious lightsaber offensives. Team 1 wins about 7 times out of 10.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 11:39 PM
Click here to Send DarthBeanzz a Private Message Find more posts by DarthBeanzz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Normally, I'd say Vader lets his team down but Sidious would probably find a way to win with sheer awesomeness.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Sep 18th, 2015 11:52 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by DarthBeanzz
I actually see Plageuis as the weak link here. He's greatly attuned to the dark side and the most philosophical Sith Lord out there...but that's the problem. He's an academic. He's nowhere near as combat-oriented as the others, especially Vader. He might be faster and more agile than Vader...but so is almost everyone Vader's ever faced. And Vader is still capable of moving at blinding speeds. Team 1 has the clear edge as swordsmen.

The thing is, Vitiate is also an academic on principle, and moreso. He studies the dark side's secrets, performs rituals, and uses esoteric powers, all traits of an academic, but unlike Plagueis, he demonstrates little physical practice and no lightsaber practice. Plagueis is clearly an adept martial artist and lightsaber duelist, whereas Vitiate can claim neither. Vitiate's demonstrated agility and lightsaber skill is by far the least out of all the combatants here, and that's the primary reason for team 1's clear advantage as bladesmen.

Vader's ability to move at blinding speeds isn't overly notable among high-tier Force users, and Plagueis has done better.

I don't see how Plagueis is "nowhere near" the combatant Sidious is. They both despise lightsaber combat but are masters of it anyway, and they're both physical monsters despite being more Inquisitor-like Force users (the idea is that with Banite Sith, they become more and more well-rounded). They're also both clearly masterful martial artists. Sidious is obviously Hego's superior in all categories, but Plagueis and Sidious operate under similar philosophies/concepts when it comes to combat. Sure, he's not combat-oriented in the same way Vader is, but that doesn't prevent him from beating Vader.

quote:
In terms of Force powers though, it's almost a dead heat. Vader's very much a blunt instrument with massive TK power, but Plagueis can very likely match that himself. All 3 of the others are experts with lightning, though Plagueis probably falls shortest among them. But he makes up for it with midi-chlorian manipulation...if he can get close enough and hold an opponent down long enough to use it. Sidious and Vitiate probably wash out with lightning, but Sidious has other things like dark rage and essence transfer to fall back on. Vitiate has some Sith sorcery powers, but they take time and concentration to use.

Plagueis can more than match Vader's telekinetic feats - it's pretty clear his are in excess of Vader's. As for his Midi-chlorian manipulation, I highly doubt he would even attempt it in combat such as this, and even then, the effects on a full-powered, resisting Force-sensitive of such high caliber are dubious at best.

The rest sounds about right.

quote:
Overall, I'd say Team 1's superior swordplay keeps Team 2 from really using their game-ending Force powers. They just won't have an opportunity to use them if they're busy defending themselves from furious lightsaber offensives. Team 1 wins about 7 times out of 10.

And I agree with this.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:18 AM
red8

Team 2 wins.

As someone else said, Vader is the "weak" link here.

Sidious > Plagueis/Vitiate > Vader.

Both Plagueis and Vitiate have strong enough lightning to put Vader down. Sidious isn't going to beat both of them on his own.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:42 AM
Click here to Send red8 a Private Message Find more posts by red8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Plagueis' lightning isn't just putting Vader down on the spot, and Vader has his lightsaber as well.

Vader's the weak link in that either of his enemies could beat him, but Plagueis is not outright stomping him.

That being said, I didn't factor in that Sidious may choose a similar approach to Talzin against Vitiate here, which would be a contest of Force powers that, even if it's in his favor, will take a long and strenuous effort to win (and Plagueis would beat Vader before that). That would basically seal it for his team - he needs to make avid use of his melee capabilities to bring an end to the fight.

Old Post Sep 19th, 2015 12:45 AM