KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Count Dooku and Darth Maul vs Two Darth Vaders

Count Dooku and Darth Maul vs Two Darth Vaders
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 3 4 [5]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nargaroth
Granted I agree that Vader is considerably more powerful than Maul, and noticeably above Dooku as well, a 20% power gap is still more than enough for Palpatine to ragdoll him.

I agree.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 10:58 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

Originally posted by Nephthys
Sidious couldn't ragdoll Marek, who is just a but above Vader.

Basing on the Dark Side ending, I believe he could.

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
I seriously doubt that. When Vader has been stated to be at least as Powerful as Dooku (overall) and 80% as Powerful as Sidious.

I believe, that his potential in the Force was reduced to 80% of Sidious.

Originally posted by Marco1907
Dude I told you before, that's Vader's TK and TP potential, of course Vader's TK and TP exceeds Dooku, Maul and maybe even Mace Windu's(...)

Surley, Vader is above Mace in terms of TK ad TP. Far above. It's questionable if Mace is above Maul in that department.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 11:07 PM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by McP

I believe, that his potential in the Force was reduced to 80% of Sidious.

The quote didn't mention potential. But in any case by ROTJ Vader was like 50 years old. He should have fulfilled the vast majority of his potential. Excluding Exceptional Dark Side secrets which Sidious would never teach him anyway.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 11:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
The quote didn't mention potential. But in any case by ROTJ Vader was like 50 years old. He should have fulfilled the vast majority of his potential. Excluding Exceptional Dark Side secrets which Sidious would never teach him anyway.

Well, that's also because Palpatine practically abolished the Rule Of Two and wanted to rule the Galaxy forever. Had Vader been trained by someone like Plagueis, things might have been a bit different, especially considering how the former would have learned powers like Force Drain, and the fact that Plagueis is "far too trusting" .

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 01:06 AM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well Dave Filoni says that Vader would probably kill the whole crew of the Ghost in Rebels very quickly if he encountered them.

So be on the look out for speed feats by Kanan (he's already casually dodged blaster fire). Because Rebels era Vader can likely speed blitz him from the sounds of it.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 07:09 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
Vader vastly improved his saber skills after that point.

This. People seem to forget that Darth Vader grows stronger over the course of the Empire; by RotJ he is, by his own estimation, more powerful than he has ever been. He is certainly more powerful than the Vader that almost lost to Maul's clone.

That being said, I'm still pretty skeptical of Vader's ability to best Dooku. He may be more powerful in the Force, but would not stand a chance in a lightsaber duel, and it isn't always clear which advantage is going to decide the outcome of the fight.

Originally posted by Nargaroth
[B]Well, that's also because Palpatine practically abolished the Rule Of Two and wanted to rule the Galaxy forever.

That doesn't explain why Palpatine wanted Anakin as his apprentice, despite knowing and proudly acknowledging that he would far surpass him, or why he wanted Galen Marek for that matter, despite the very real possibility that his potential could far surpass Sidious's. Now if Sidious intended to just kill Vader as soon as he had grown too strong, you'd wonder what the purpose of recruiting him in the first place was.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 07:51 PM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Originally posted by Skybreaker
That being said, I'm still pretty skeptical of Vader's ability to best Dooku. He may be more powerful in the Force, but would not stand a chance in a lightsaber duel, and it isn't always clear which advantage is going to decide the outcome of the fight.

Wat?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 07:53 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Wat?

What, do you see the Luke Skywalker of the OT standing a chance against Tyranus? Yet he was, by Vader's own PoV, his father's equal with a blade. Remember that this Dooku is still a match for the Anakin Skywalker we see in RotS, a Skywalker whose dueling prowess Vader never seems to reach again. Various persons working on the duels of RotS label Anakin Skywalker as being in his "prime" while dueling in RotS, and following RotJ, Luke Skywalker's dueling feats are far below Anakin's for a long time thereafter.

Last edited by Skybreaker on Oct 19th, 2014 at 08:06 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

lol

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 08:03 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Vaders with high difficulty.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 02:56 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote