KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Komari Vosa vs Shaak Ti

Komari Vosa vs Shaak Ti
Started by: Emperordmb

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Komari Vosa vs Shaak Ti

Because why not?

Round 1: ROTS Shaak Ti
Round 2: TFU Shaak Ti

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 01:09 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Ventress is a more fair fight... (Because Komari stomps, obv.)

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 01:25 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just out of pure curiosity, what lightsaber skill feats does Shaak Ti have up to RotS? My first reaction is "Komari Vosa lost to Jango Fett she gets stomped", but then, I can't think of anything that would justify Ti doing any better.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 07:23 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Just out of pure curiosity, what lightsaber skill feats does Shaak Ti have up to RotS? My first reaction is "Komari Vosa lost to Jango Fett she gets stomped", but then, I can't think of anything that would justify Ti doing any better.

Well, she was the only other Jedi besides Ki-Adi Mundi that didn't get totally destroyed by Grevious, took on an army of Magna-Guards and did surprisingly well.

*Edit*. She's also Tanked a Blaster shot to the chest and survived and was able to break the head of a magna-guard with her knee, which is a good show of her force augmented strength.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 07:30 PM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
Well, she was the only other Jedi besides Ki-Adi Mundi that didn't get totally destroyed by Grevious, took on an army of Magna-Guards and did surprisingly well.

*Edit*. She's also Tanked a Blaster shot to the chest and survived and was able to break the head of a magna-guard with her knee, which is a good show of her force augmented strength.

Ah, yeah, of course. I sometimes overlook characters who's feats aren't necessarily comprised of wins, but rather contending with stronger opponents. Lasting as long as she did against Grievous was pretty impressive, especially given she was exhausted. The magnaguard thing I find shaky. One minute she's stalemating a single Magnaguard for a long time, next minute she's wrecking several of them back to back. It's fairly impressive. Enough to beat Vosa, who's only feats are temporarily getting the better of an injured pre-TPM Maul (before being speedblitzed), and losing to Jango Fett.

Those are pretty decent strength and durability showings.

Yeah, Ti wins both rounds solidly.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2014 07:41 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Shaak Ti was a confirmed master of Makashi and Ataru, and was confirmed as one of the most skilled and cunning duelists in the order. That should be more than enough.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 12:23 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've read the cunning quote, which wasn't in relation to dueling (unless there's another one). The only quote I've heard of that talked about Ti's skill was that she was "unparalleled", which evidently isn't true. That word gets thrown around too much in the mythos, honestly. Is there another one I'm missing?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 12:52 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeah.

"Shaak Ti is a master of the Makashi and Ataru forms in addition to her legendary strength in the force. Known far and wide as cunning and serene Jedi, Only the most skilled of the order could stand against her"

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 12:58 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ah, cool.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 01:34 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Shaak Ti destroys.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 08:34 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote