KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » - Hyperion -

- Hyperion -
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

quote: (post)
Originally posted by psycho gundam
wut
Which part? The one where Hyperion held apart the mass of two Earths and nothing more, or the part where Superman's Brainiac ship feat is magnitudes more impressive?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 08:51 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Originally posted by Philosophía
Which part? The one where Hyperion held apart the mass of two Earths and nothing more, or the part where Superman's Brainiac ship feat is magnitudes more impressive?
The old saying about history always repeating itself is as true a saying as any. Why do you downplay hyperions superior feat? It is well known that you vote superman or his feats as the highest of them all, but to lowball a feat in order to save face for superman is getting pretty old and annoying.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 09:10 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

It's ridiculous. It obvious the universe was the pressure that was pushing the Planet's to each other. Hyperion stood in between both planets and stopped the forward momentum of the universes colliding into each other. It wasn't just the earths moving to each other, it was two universes moving forward and Hyperion stopped it. ODG explained it best. Hell, this was stated in the comic. The writer even stated Hyperion prevented two Universes from touching.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 09:16 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by carver9
It's ridiculous. It obvious the universe was the pressure that was pushing the Planet's to each other. Hyperion stood in between both planets and stopped the forward momentum of the universes colliding into each other. It wasn't just the earths moving to each other, it was two universes moving forward and Hyperion stopped it. ODG explained it best. Hell, this was stated in the comic. The writer even stated Hyperion prevented two Universes from touching.

Ok just think about this for a moment and take your time. If a whole Universe is pushing against a Planet and Hyperion stopped the forward momentum of the Universes by holding the planets apart, this would mean that those Planets are more durable than the whole Universes. Really simple.

If however the Universe is pushing against the Planet and he stands there and the Planet is not more durable than the whole Universe it is in, it will crumble after the pressure increases and this is where the Universes implodes.

Oh btw the second scenario is what happend.

This is the simples logic ever and even a child should be able to grasp it.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 09:24 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

Those universes were pushing those two planets and hyperion for a time, stopped the advancement himself thus he held those universes apart for a time until those planets crumbled. It took time for those planets to give. Lowballing this feat is just sad, things like this happen in comics. When superman benched the earths weight on a machine, how did the bench take that weight? was superman benching the earths weight on the earth itself?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 09:46 PM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kryptoniano
Zoom

Holding apart two Earths until they break is orders of magnitude lower than stopping Brainiac's ship going at ridiculous speeds.

If you want to quantify this, we shall.

Yes. Stopping Brainianc's ship is much more impressive.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 10:28 PM
Kryptoniano is currently offline Click here to Send Kryptoniano a Private Message Find more posts by Kryptoniano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by JBL
Those universes were pushing those two planets and hyperion for a time, stopped the advancement himself thus he held those universes apart for a time until those planets crumbled. It took time for those planets to give. Lowballing this feat is just sad, things like this happen in comics. When superman benched the earths weight on a machine, how did the bench take that weight? was superman benching the earths weight on the earth itself?

Pathetic isn't it?

Old Post Oct 17th, 2014 10:44 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Ok just think about this for a moment and take your time. If a whole Universe is pushing against a Planet and Hyperion stopped the forward momentum of the Universes by holding the planets apart, this would mean that those Planets are more durable than the whole Universes. Really simple.

If however the Universe is pushing against the Planet and he stands there and the Planet is not more durable than the whole Universe it is in, it will crumble after the pressure increases and this is where the Universes implodes.

Oh btw the second scenario is what happend.

This is the simples logic ever and even a child should be able to grasp it.
thumb up

Anybody who is saying those planets are durable enough to sustain the weight of the whole Universe [which they must, in order for Hyperion to do that] are legitimately retarded.

Originally posted by Kryptoniano
Yes. Stopping Brainianc's ship is much more impressive.
thumb up

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 10:08 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

thumb up

Anybody who is saying those planets are durable enough to sustain the weight of the whole Universe [which they must, in order for Hyperion to do that] are legitimately retarded.

thumb up

thumb up
I blame the american education system.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:00 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
thumb up
I blame the american education system.
Marvel Universes are supposed to be infinite so if the Universe were pushing the planets technically infinite force would have been applied to them and they should have broken long before Hyperion had to hold them apart.

Just saying welcome to comic book physics stick out tongue

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:37 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by Newjak
Marvel Universes are supposed to be infinite so if the Universe were pushing the planets technically infinite force would have been applied to them and they should have broken long before Hyperion had to hold them apart.

I'm sorry to go all basic physics on you but, no, the Earths wouldn't have broken apart, unless there was an opposing force stopping them, like, well....

Hyperion.

smile

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:41 PM
carver9

Originally posted by JBL

thumb up

The ft is obvious and Hyperion is far stronger and more durable. Hyperion clears this.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

thumb up

What was pushing the Planet's, the universes. Why did both of the planet give way, because it couldn't handle the pressure of the universes 'pushing against it and Hyperion holding it off'. Also, lol at applying real world physics to a comic...especially when the author himself admitted Hyperion stopped two Universes from touching.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:47 PM
Philosophía

Why did both of the planet give way, because it couldn't handle the pressure of the universes 'pushing against it and Hyperion holding it off'.
Yes. Ergo, Hyperion was never stopping the two Universes mass, since the planets couldn't handle them.

Hyperion withstood as much pressure as the plants could before they crumbled (which is easily calculable, and far below Superman's feat).

smile

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:50 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I'm sorry to go all basic physics on you but, no, the Earths wouldn't have broken apart, unless there was an opposing force stopping them, like, well, what would you know...

Hyperion.

smile
You are right but still wrong.

Wo whatever point the Universe started pushing the Earth on would have been instantly accelerated faster than the rest of the Earth. So the first part of the Earth would have smashed against the rest of the planet that had not yet been accelerated.

Universe-->(.)

. Universe-->()

.) Universe --> (

This is a quick diagram showing the Universe pushing part of the Earth through rest of it.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:56 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Yes. Ergo, Hyperion was never stopping the two Universes mass, since the planets couldn't handle them.

Hyperion withstood as much pressure as the plants could before they crumbled (which is easily calculable, and far below Superman's feat).

smile

That's the thing you are forgetting though. He literally stopped the planet's from advancing until they gave way. If I was pushing against a car and you stepped in front of me and stopped the forward momentum of the car until it exploded (yes, we are incredibly strong), then you prevented me from advancing. This is obvious, Hyperion temporarily stopped two universes from moving forward until the Earth gave way. The Earth gave out before Hyperion strength did but the key here is that he stopped the advancement of two universes. Key word, STOPPED.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 12:56 PM
Philosophía

Technically the earth have been infinitely accelerated.
No, they weren't. What are you talking about?

I'll start off with asking the most basic questions:
Have you read the story? Do you know how fast the Earths were heading for eachother?

That's the thing you are forgetting though. He literally stopped the planet's from advancing until they gave way. If I was pushing against a car and you stepped in front of me and stopped the forward momentum of the car until it exploded (yes, we are incredibly strong), then you prevented me from advancing. This is obvious, Hyperion temporarily stopped two universes from moving forward until the Earth gave way. The Earth gave out before Hyperion strength did but the key here is that he stopped the advancement of two universes. Key word, STOPPED.
If you're stopping the car from advancing, and the car is pushed by Hulk, it doesn't mean you're as strong as Hulk, it means you're strong enough to withstand as much force as the car can before exploding.

How can you not understand this, even with a sub-90 IQ?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 01:00 PM
carver9

Have you read the story? Do you know how fast the Earths were heading for eachother?

If you're stopping the car from advancing, and the car is pushed by Hulk, it doesn't mean you're as strong as Hulk, it means you're strong enough to withstand as much force as the car can before exploding.

no expression How can I stop Hulk from pushing a car?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 01:04 PM
Philosophía

no expression How can I stop Hulk from pushing a car?
By applying more strength from the other end, than the car can handle.

Jesus Christ, have you never taken a physics lesson in your entire life?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 01:06 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

I wrote the wrong thing and edited it out for a reason even before you made that comment.

The Earth was hit by infinite force.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 01:08 PM