KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » - Hyperion -

- Hyperion -
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 6 7 [8]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
maxivitopowe
Herr Universem

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Newjak

Was is not said in the scan the Earth was the focal point for the Universes? IF so what does the focal point mean. Cause if what you're saying is true and the planets were just moving relative to the Universes they inhabited then once Hyperion stopped the planets from touching then shouldn't the Universes kept going and the planets would have just stopped relative to where they were in their respective Universes?

Cause if they were just free floating aspects not being moved while the Universes were moving then that means no force was being applied to them besides the normal gravitational forces it normally exists under.

thumb up

I was gonna write this but then I dropped my phone

Ignore list : BoardWalker

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 02:42 PM
maxivitopowe is currently offline Click here to Send maxivitopowe a Private Message Find more posts by maxivitopowe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kryptoniano
Zoom

Originally posted by Philosophía
Don't tell me you think the force it hits you with is greater than that of a 5 ton block coming at you 30 km/h.

Please, don't. Even if you believe it.

Just don't.

But..

If it comes at 1km/s, then that means there's absolutely no acceleration.

F = mass of the moon * 0 acceleration.
F = 0.

Physics!

Like I said, you don't know what force is.

Let's stop this. Seriously. We're getting away from the Hyperion part, which was what's relevant, and I'm pretty sure the evidence is inconclusive...

Hyperion withstood as much as the Earths can withstand, before they break.
Assuming normal Earths, that's an impressive amount, but inferior to Superman. By far.

Glad to see someone making sense ( and not murdering Physics). cool

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 02:44 PM
Kryptoniano is currently offline Click here to Send Kryptoniano a Private Message Find more posts by Kryptoniano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

why would that cause it to have an acceleration of zero?
There is a difference between velocity and acceleration.

Velocity is a measure of how fast an object is moving. In this case, the moon was moving at 1 km/s.

Acceleration is a measure of how fast an object is changing its velocity. The moon had a velocity of 1 km/s, thus its acceleration was 0.

To anticipate your question:
Even if the moon was moving at 1 km/s and also accelerating with 1 km every second, I still wouldn't explode, and the 5 ton block would still hurt me more.

This is my face as I type all of these:

(please log in to view the image)

I'm sorry for being an assh*le about it, but I hate it when people grasp at straws and don't know the subject.
I'll ask you this, at the end, though, with my last straw of hope:

Do you agree, by all common sense accounts and logical deductions, going by the comics, that Hyperion didn't stop two Universes, but only two Earths, and in doing so withstood as much as the Earths themselves could [which is easily calculable]? And that there's no reason to believe he stopped the mass of two Universes?

Do you also agree that to think otherwise, is to say that Earth can withstand the mass of the entire Universe, which is one of the most asinine things ever said on this forum?

If the answer to either of these is 'No', then I'm quite certain that at least 100 people will spontaneously burst into tears around the world, without knowing the reason.

That's also based in physics.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Last edited by Philosophía on Oct 19th, 2014 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 02:48 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Unless the moon was always moving at said speed from its creation at some point it had to change its velocity correct?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 03:05 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Unless the moon was always moving at said speed from its creation at some point it had to change its velocity correct?
Can you answer the questions, or do you want us to keep dabbling in things you're now knowledgeable about? Because I'm hungry [in the literal sense, I haven't eaten in many hours].

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 03:08 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Okay I will be direct. You are correct velocity matters. The moon will have an incredibly low acceleration if it goes from 0 to 1 over billions of years. But it will still be positive. Once again marvel universes are infinite thus we can say they habe infinite mass. So even if it's acceleration is as close to 0 as possible it will still give that universe infinite force. Unless you are saying that universe was always moving at that speed.

Enjoy your lunch

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 03:18 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

I'm simply amazed that you think an object's mass and acceleration [even if the object has infinite mass] dictate how much damage it does to you, even after I explained that the moon moving at 1km/h and accelerating at 1 km/h towards you, wouldn't do as much damage as a block of concrete coming at you 30 km/h, even though your misinterpreted F = m * a formula dictates otherwise.

You'd rather be ridiculously inaccurate to common sense and basic knowledge, than to admit you're wrong, and that's simply baffling.

It's not comic book laws that are wrong in this case, it's you.

Thank you.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 03:24 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

You told me the moon would do less. You didn't explain anything other than the moon could have 0 acceleration given a certain time span which would give it 0 force. You can explain why the moon would do less damage since you haven't done it yet. Im still waiting for it.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 03:39 PM
Philosophía

You told me the moon would do less. You didn't explain anything other than the moon could have 0 acceleration given a certain time span which would give it 0 force. You can explain why the moon would do less damage since you haven't done it yet. Im still waiting for it.
Because I'm not your physics teacher. And the 'debate' has been done for a while now. Look up stuff like: newton's laws, kinetic energy, what force is, what impulse is, impact between objects etc.

Question:
Do you even realize that the moon would do less damage, but just don't know why? I'm curios. Because if you don't realize it, I think I'm going to go e-depressed.

If I post your stance in this thread in a whole paragraph, it would be in the top 5 most absurd thing I've typed/read in my entire life - from infinitely fast moving, infinitely durable Earths with infinitely durable populations, to not even getting basic, fundamental laws of physics even remotely right -- this was just a mess.

It was one of those discussions where I'm asking myself what am I doing in this forum, since nobody seems to want to change their mind or learn something, but would rather stick to their pre-concieved conclusion and work their way up there through piles of crap.

Last edited by Philosophía on Oct 19th, 2014 at 03:50 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 03:48 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

So all I've heard from you so far is I know physics believe me and you're dumb.I given you plenty of chances to support what you're saying. And you're right I don't know what you've been trying to hint at. All I know is if the universe had acceleration then based on Marvel's statements about their universes it would have infinite force. Therefore if the universe was pushing earth is would have been doing so with infinite force.. It makes sense to me. Given comic history is it absurd ... not really but your only counter has been I'm right because I know more. Would you accept that as an answer?

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 04:10 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So all I've heard from you so far is I know physics believe me and you're dumb.I given you plenty of chances to support what you're saying. And you're right I don't know what you've been trying to hint at. All I know is if the universe had acceleration then based on Marvel's statements about their universes it would have infinite force. Therefore if the universe was pushing earth is would have been doing so with infinite force.. It makes sense to me. Given comic history is it absurd ... not really but your only counter has been I'm right because I know more. Would you accept that as an answer?

But the universes in Marvel aren't infinite as shown in Thanos imperative and in Hickman's own FF run.

erm

And how the hell did people like Black Panther fought inside an incursion if the force was infinite as recently as in New Avengers 20?

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 04:18 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
panthergod
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hyperion held and withstood planet crushing force with each arm. Thats it.

In other words, nothing compared to even pre Flashpoint Superman, who withstood contained solar system level gravity with one hand.

Newjak is confused with the idea that objects not in motion are not exerting force since force requires acceleration.

Superman haters are universally...challenged.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 11:59 PM
panthergod is currently offline Click here to Send panthergod a Private Message Find more posts by panthergod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JBL
Wrestling God

It is not without surprise that it is always well known superman fans that swarm together and as ever with ANY feat that is greater than superman, they lowball and agree with each other as if its a crime against KMC for ANY character to have a better feat than superman. Hyperion held those universes apart by using those planets as a grasping point, something solids and moving. Thoses universes were moving those planets thus making them the power sourse and hyperion for a time stopped the movement thereby stopping the power source for a time. If two military tanks with a big boulder tied to the front of them were going to ram each other and someone got between them and held the tanks apart for a short time until the boulders crumbled, he held those tanks back using those two big rocks to do it. Its not that people dont believe hyperions feat, its the fact that superman fans dont want any feat to be better than superman's so they.......... well ............. you see what they are doing here. sad

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 07:44 AM
JBL is currently offline Click here to Send JBL a Private Message Find more posts by JBL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Lol.. This feat still being lowballed? Oh the butthurt...

Old Post Oct 20th, 2014 01:11 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote