KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Sidious and Maul vs Plagueis and Dooku

Sidious and Maul vs Plagueis and Dooku
Started by: McP

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
McP

Sidious and Maul vs Plagueis and Dooku

Plagueis is afraid that Sidious will use Maul to overthrow him, so he decided to take Dooku as his new apprentice.

Battle take place in Theed's throne room.

Scenario 1: TPM versions of those characters.
Scenario 2: ROTS Sidious, SoD Maul, TPM Plagueis and ROTS Dooku

Bonus scenario: Sidious' team gets Opress, while Plagueis' gets Ventress. Characters versions like in scenario 2, Ventress and Opress versions from S5 of TCW.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 10:47 AM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Sidious & Maul.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 12:03 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

I'm not sure how much more powerful than Plagueis Sidious is during TPM, if he even is at all. I could see team 2 maybe taking round 1. Round 2 goes to team 1, though.

And the Bonus round also goes to team 1.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 12:13 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Trocity
I'm not sure how much more powerful than Plagueis Sidious is during TPM, if he even is at all. I could see team 2 maybe taking round 1. Round 2 goes to team 1, though.

And the Bonus round also goes to team 1.

They are at the same level by TPM. But still Plagueis a little better.

quote:
Plagueis who attempted to turn his equally powerful apprentice into a messenger and mere intermediary.

-Taken from Plagueis novel

AotC - RotS Sidious probably become more powerful. But not 'much' more powerful though, he probably gets a little majority.

Since even in RotS, Sidious describes Plagueis as ''so powerful''.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Oct 18th, 2014 at 12:33 PM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 12:30 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Team two takes scenario 1.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 01:20 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

S1: Team 2 wins.
S2: Team 1 wins.

Bonus: Again, team 1.

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 02:21 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Hmmm, TPM Maul vs Dooku? We haven't really seen Dooku yet but he's supposedly still pretty dang good.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 03:04 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Jedi Dooku is weaker than Sith Dooku.

He has become more powerful in AotC.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 03:27 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

And TPM Maul is weaker than CW Maul.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 03:31 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Marco1907
Sidious & Maul.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 03:59 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Why, NewGuy?

Old Post Oct 18th, 2014 04:34 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McP

I would say that the difference between TPM Sidious and ROTS Sidious is greater then between TPM Dooku and ROTS Dooku.
TPM Dooku was already master swordsman, and I guess that in his age he was already a high master of deflects and TK.

So, I believe that the difference between ROTS Sidious and ROTS Dooku is greater then between their TPM's versions.

Since TPM Plagueis > TPM Sidious, Plagueis' team takes scenario 1.

Scenario 2 is much more balanced and close. If Plagueis will be able to hold his own against Sidious long enough, then Dooku will kill Maul and both will team up Sidious. If they wont be exhausted, they should beat him.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 07:55 AM
Click here to Send McP a Private Message Find more posts by McP Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Sidious and Maul vs Plagueis and Dooku

Originally posted by McP
Scenario 1: TPM versions of those characters.

I'd put Palpatine over Plagueis at this point when it comes to pure combative prowess. Our knowledge of TPM Dooku's abilities are scant; we know that he could outduel Mace Windu, who periodically stalemated with prime-Qui Gon, who is more powerful than the Qui Gon we see in the film. I'd go on a hunch and say that he is still superior to Maul, simply because his skills with a saber probably did not improve much between TPM and AotC. Team 2 by a faint margin.

quote:

Scenario 2: ROTS Sidious, SoD Maul, TPM Plagueis and ROTS Dooku

Dooku beats Maul quite handily, and Sidious loses to the double team.

quote:

Bonus scenario: Sidious' team gets Opress, while Plagueis' gets Ventress. Characters versions like in scenario 2, Ventress and Opress versions from S5 of TCW.

Oppress and Maul together probably still cannot take Dooku.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2014 07:58 PM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

@skybreaker

You are grossly overrating Dooku and underrating Savage. Savage knocked out Dooku with one kinetic stroke and then force choked him. Maul & Savage roflstomps Dooku.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2014 05:13 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Possibly team 2.

Team 1.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 06:21 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote