KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Maul, Ventress and Kenobi vs. Dooku and Anakin

Maul, Ventress and Kenobi vs. Dooku and Anakin
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He's been around here for almost two years. You've been here for a couple months. erm

Wtf are you talking about ? I was talking to Whirlwind's fake account Conservative W ...

Or don't tell me that he is trolling KMC for 2 years ?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 10:06 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Conservative W is Intrepid37...

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2014 10:47 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Marco1907
Ventress...can solo Anakin alone,

OK, I get it, you're a troll. I'm not even saying that as an insult; good job at acting just smart enough that I didn't really get it at first.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 02:28 PM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by Skybreaker
OK, I get it, you're a troll. I'm not even saying that as an insult; good job at acting just smart enough that I didn't really get it at first.

Watch the video noob. And shut the **** up.

Even Bariss Offee gave a good fight to him. Jeeses.... Emokin fans needs to be stop.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 03:02 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's almost as if Anakin's abilities remain constant throughout the saga or something.

Don't be an idiot; Anakin Skywalker at his peak destroyed Dooku in one of the most dominating dueling performances in the canon.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 03:04 PM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

And get ass kicked by Obi-Wan. Turned into slow robot man.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 03:12 PM
Darth Thor

Watch the video noob. And shut the **** up.

That was early CW, and Ventress never even won that.

Even Bariss Offee gave a good fight to him. Jeeses.... Emokin fans needs to be stop.

That was Barriss who turned to the Dark Side. We have no idea how powerful she was. And Anakin still won.

Oh and in that same episode Anakin force chokes Ventress, and she's not able to break free from his grip.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Personally I think Marco has a point. Anakin is overhyped. While is is above most of his opponents like Savage, Ventress etc, it's not by that large a margin.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 03:19 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Team 2.

Also, would be nice, if Anakin had at least some feats of fighting multiple opponents.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 03:20 PM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

And get ass kicked by Obi-Wan. Turned into slow robot man.

Because Anakin's decision to try to summersault over a soresu master on an elevated surface is somehow related to his ability to defeat Ventress now?

Don't pretend that you don't know the circumstances of the duel; mainly, that in addition to Anakin being in a compromised emotional state, Obi Wan knew all of Anakin's moves and deliberately turned the duel into one optimal to his soresu style of combat. Even ignoring the fact that Obi Wan as of RotS is certainly nothing to sneeze at, given that his weaker self shit all over Ventress like she was a joke, Anakin's performance against Obi Wan in no manner suggests he couldn't hand Ventress his ass on a silver platter.

But hey, isn't it so interesting that you cleverly tried to change the subject from Anakin's asskicking of Dooku, you know his "peak" performance, because you obviously couldn't give anything to suggest that Ventress is on that level. All you've done is provide examples of duels from the early TCW that Anakin actually won. Anakin Skywalker bends Ventress over.

Last edited by Skybreaker on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 03:24 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 03:22 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

So ? Obi-Wan was more hindered than Anakin ; (or at least hindered as him)

quote:

Yoda: To fight this Lord Sidious, strong enough, you are not.
Obi-Wan: But Anakin...he is like my brother. I cannot do it.
Yoda: Twisted by the dark side, young Skywalker has become. The boy you trained, gone, he is, consumed by Darth Vader.
Obi-Wan: I do not know where the Emperor has sent him. I don't know where to look.
Yoda: Use your feelings, Obi-Wan, and find him, you will.

quote:

Obi-Wan Kenobi: It's over, Anakin! I have the high ground!
Anakin Skywalker: You underestimate my power!
Obi-Wan Kenobi: Don't try it.

--------------

Originally posted by Skybreaker

But hey, isn't it so interesting that you cleverly tried to change the subject from Anakin's asskicking of Dooku, you know his "peak" performance, because you obviously couldn't give anything to suggest that Ventress is on that level. All you've done is provide examples of duels from the early TCW that Anakin actually won. Anakin Skywalker bends Ventress over.

I already told you, Anakin used his Djem So advantage against Dooku's makashi ;

quote:
His own elegant Makashi simply did not generate the kinetic power to meet Djem So head-to-head.

Source : Revenge Of The Sith Novelization

Last edited by Marco1907 on Oct 24th, 2014 at 04:20 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 04:17 PM
Darth Thor

I already told you, Anakin used his Djem So advantage against Dooku's makashi ;

Where was that advantage throughout TCW?

Originally posted by Nephthys
Personally I think Marco has a point. Anakin is overhyped. While is is above most of his opponents like Savage, Ventress etc, it's not by that large a margin.

I would probably be inclined to agree with this, IF Anakin didn't do so consistently well against Count Dooku.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 04:38 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Where was that advantage throughout TCW?

Season 4 Episode 18

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 04:44 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Of course you do. Now if we switch the words "Anakin Skywalker" for let's say, "Darth Zannah" or "the Hero of Tython" and "Savage, Ventress, etc," with "Sarro Xaj, Bane, etc" or "Angral, Scourge, etc" you wouldn't even entertain the notion of circumstantial victories.

Last edited by FreshestSlice on Oct 24th, 2014 at 05:03 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 05:00 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The_Tempest

thumb up

He's legendary for the double standards. Love him, doe!

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 05:01 PM
Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Season 4 Episode 18

He kicked him over some stairs. What the heck does have have to do with a Djem So weakness?

Do you need me to show you Dooku kicking Skywalker rendering him helpless?

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 05:22 PM
Aurbere

I don't think getting kicked is a sign of weakness to physical attacks or kinetic force. This would imply that Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Sidious, and even Darth Maul have a weakness to kinetic force. They've all been kicked, just like Dooku.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Aurbere a Private Message Find more posts by Aurbere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Of course you do. Now if we switch the words "Anakin Skywalker" for let's say, "Darth Zannah" or "the Hero of Tython" and "Savage, Ventress, etc," with "Sarro Xaj, Bane, etc" or "Angral, Scourge, etc" you wouldn't even entertain the notion of circumstantial victories.

Who said anything about circumstantial victories? I said Anakin was above those two, so I don't see why he needs a circumstantial victory to beat them. And Zannah's victory over Bane and Sarro was circumstantial, obviously. Also I've never suggested that Angral and Scourge didn't approach the Hero at the time she fought them. I'm sure they did.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 05:36 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Aurbere
I don't think getting kicked is a sign of weakness to physical attacks or kinetic force. This would imply that Vader, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Sidious, and even Darth Maul have a weakness to kinetic force. They've all been kicked, just like Dooku.

Heck Anakin's been kicked by Dooku

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 05:38 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Who said anything about circumstantial victories? I said Anakin was above those two, so I don't see why he needs a circumstantial victory to beat them.

Anakin destroyed Dooku. Absolutely, and Dooku is superior to those two together. And not that long ago, you claimed Anakin was Obi-Wan level in all aspects.
quote:
And Zannah's victory over Bane and Sarro was circumstantial, obviously. Also I've never suggested that Angral and Scourge didn't approach the Hero at the time she fought them. I'm sure they did.

You claimed HoT as of Act I was more powerful than Revan, who has shown to be leagues above these two. As for Zannah, you claimed that wasn't the case and that Zannah was as skilled as Bane in almost all aspects and that she could dominate almost the entire mythos.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 05:43 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote