KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Can Marvel Counter-Parts Replaces The JLA Big 7 successfully ?

Can Marvel Counter-Parts Replaces The JLA Big 7 successfully ?
Started by: Supermex

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Can Marvel Counter-Parts Replaces The JLA Big 7 successfully ?

Moon Knight
Hyperion
Quasar
Cls.Hercules
Super-Skrull
Spectrum
Iron Man
Namor

Can ( Marvel ) survive, succeed or do they die trying to replace Batman, Superman, G.L Hal, Wonder Woman, M.Manhunter, Flash, Cyborg and Namor on the Justice League full roster?

Can Marvel clear all the JLA storylines and events sents the start of Dcnu to now?

Plz remember that the Marvel team will get integrated with the rest of the JLAers not mentioned up top, so there not alone if the story or event called for it in the Justice League original run.

Moon knight replaces Batman
Hyperion replaces Supe rman
Quasar Replaces G.L Hal
Hercules replaces Wonder Woman
Super-Skrull replaces M.Manhunter
Spectrum replaces Flash
Namor replaces Aquaman

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 04:29 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

No.

Hercules lacks (whilst powered) a cutting sword, so would be unable to blind Darkseid.

Namor has a trident; but is it as powerful as Aquaman's? Not to mention, he would not have the benefit of Flash lending him speed.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 04:36 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Im worried about Spectrum. Even at her best she's no Flash. Moon Knight should be replaced he's just not good enough. Classic Immortal Hercules is fine, just give his mace a bump that makes it as hax as the lasso and Diana won't be missed. No one can replace Superman but if i were to suggest someone use Gladiator. Atleast he has more feats. Hyperion is untested. Namor and the Skrull should do fine sans TP

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 04:57 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Im worried about Spectrum. Even at her best she's no Flash. Moon Knight should be replaced he's just not good enough. Classic Immortal Hercules is fine, just give his mace a bump that makes it as hax as the lasso and Diana won't be missed. No one can replace Superman but if i were to suggest someone use Gladiator. Atleast he has more feats. Hyperion is untested. Namor and the Skrull should do fine sans TP

Hercs has his mace..

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 05:03 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

This.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 05:09 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Supermex
Hercs has his mace..

Yes but his mace is nothing compared to the lasso or the sword. It needs to be just as hax as those two items

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 05:20 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Yes but his mace is nothing compared to the lasso or the sword. It needs to be just as hax as those two items

How about his mace can do anything Thor Hammer can do.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 05:24 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Supermex
How about his mace can do anything Thor Hammer can do.

Then that would place him comfortably above most everyone here

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 05:29 PM
Werewolf582

They can't

Moon knight can't replace batman
Skrull can't replace hunter
Namor would do below average as aquaman
Spectrum would do below average Flash
Hercules won't do as good as WW.
Hyperion will do just as good as superman possibly a little bit better.
Not sure on Quasar.

Who Da Fuk is Iron Man replacing? Is it Cyborg?

Last edited by Werewolf582 on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 05:46 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 05:41 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

They can't. I agree with most of what you said barring SM

Moon knight can't replace Batman-Batman towers over him in skills, smarts and resources

Skrull can't replace Martian Manhunter=MM towers over him on powers, range and skills

Namor would do below average as Aquaman- Aquaman Trident has been said to be a High -Father lvl weapon capable of arming SM, lets not forget AQM TP which Namor lacks

Spectrum would do below average Flash-Flash can go speed of light make it Makary or the Runner and you have capable replacement

Hercules won't do as good as WW-Simply put WW is faster,can fly, control animal, has he lasso plus sword. Make it Thor or Angela and you have a suitable replacement.

Hyperion will do just as good as superman possibly a little bit better-Please tell me your joking. There's nothing Hyperion brings to the table SM can't surpass. I won't even get on the fact so far Hyperion has had the personality of a wet cardboard.

Not sure on Quasar-Actually this is the closets match protection and EB wise. But GL ring does more than just fly, erect shields, and shoot EB. They also give the ring user the ability to absorb energy, heal, translate languages, teleport, analyze technology, construct whatever your heart desire, detect anything from invisible, to energy to undead, turn invisible, grow,slow down and speed up aging, protect against TP. I sure there's a another half a dozen other powers I have forgotten.

Who Da Fuk is Iron Man replacing? Is it Cyborg?-Actually this is the only 1 that tilt toward an improvement by Marvel.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 07:19 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

No.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 07:25 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

Originally posted by shadowknight

Namor would do below average as Aquaman- Aquaman Trident has been said to be a High -Father lvl weapon capable of arming SM, lets not forget AQM TP which Namor lacks

Hyperion will do just as good as superman possibly a little bit better-Please tell me your joking. There's nothing Hyperion brings to the table SM can't surpass. I won't even get on the fact so far Hyperion has had the personality of a wet cardboard.

Who Da Fuk is Iron Man replacing? Is it Cyborg?-Actually this is the only 1 that tilt toward an improvement by Marvel.

I'm talking when it comes to physical stats on that one (average Physical stats)

Hyperion survived the cascading energy of two universes and held them back for a short time.

He always replaces cyborg with Iron man which is why I said Cyborg. Unless of course he changes it this time.

Last edited by Werewolf582 on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 07:57 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 07:55 PM
Werewolf582 is currently offline Click here to Send Werewolf582 a Private Message Find more posts by Werewolf582 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by shadowknight
They can't. I agree with most of what you said barring SM

Moon knight can't replace Batman-Batman towers over him in skills, smarts and resources

Skrull can't replace Martian Manhunter=MM towers over him on powers, range and skills

Spectrum would do below average Flash-Flash can go speed of light make it Makary or the Runner and you have capable replacement

Hercules won't do as good as WW-Simply put WW is faster,can fly, control animal, has he lasso plus sword. Make it Thor or Angela and you have a suitable replacement.

Not sure on Quasar-Actually this is the closets match protection and EB wise. But GL ring does more than just fly, erect shields, and shoot EB. They also give the ring user the ability to absorb energy, heal, translate languages, teleport, analyze technology, construct whatever your heart desire, detect anything from invisible, to energy to undead, turn invisible, grow,slow down and speed up aging, protect against TP. I sure there's a another half a dozen other powers I have forgotten.

while MK might not have the raw intelligence of Batman, he is almost certainly a league above Bruce in terms of strength and pain tolerance.

MM has jobbed a crap ton of times in the past (certainly more than SS). also SS has hipnotic abilities and isn't weighed down by J'onn's sense of morality and doesn't have J'onn's weakness to fire. Suggesting that K'lrt is leagues below J'onn is insulting.

You forgot to mention that Namor can fly at sonic speeds; making him more mobile than Aquaman (so even though he is slightly below Arthur, he's all around more mobile and slightly harder to hit)

Spectrum would be below Flash in terms of speed. However, her energy manipulation abilities present many opportunities that the Flash simply doesn't have.

If you're saying that Herc is below WW, then you probably didn't see the thread starter say that herc has his mace and it has all of the abilities that thor's hammer has.

Answer this question as truthfully as you can. When was the last time that a GL corpsmen used even half of the abilities that you listed?

Overall, you've only stated the negatives and have stated absolutely nothing of the powers and abilities that can be gained with the marvel characters replacing the DC ones.

Last edited by deathslash on Oct 23rd, 2014 at 08:19 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 08:14 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Originally posted by Werewolf582
I'm talking when it comes to physical stats on that one (average Physical stats)

Hyperion survived the cascading energy of two universes and held them back for a short time.

He always replaces cyborg with Iron man which is why I said Cyborg. Unless of course he changes it this time.
The thing is you have to have all the ingredients n the cake to represent the JL. Batman without his resources, intelligence and skills is a C list character. He'd be roughly Punisher lvl or at best Hawkeye (GA) lvl a B list character.If you are going by physicality Namor & IM can replace AQM & Cyborg.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 08:44 PM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Werewolf582

Iron man has plenty of resources though

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 08:49 PM
Senor Cage

Not a chance.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2014 08:52 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

His mace has some hax in it, nowhwere near Mjolnir, but still, some energy powers are btter than being a simply indestructible club, but Herc did not know how to use it. Amadeus found out how to do so, though.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 11:04 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by shadowknight Moon knight can't replace Batman-Batman towers over him in skills, smarts and resources

Hyperion will do just as good as superman possibly a little bit better-Please tell me your joking. There's nothing Hyperion brings to the table SM can't surpass. I won't even get on the fact so far Hyperion has had the personality of a wet cardboard.[/B]
Spectrum is not really a good Flash replacement, but has all the energy powers that Flash doesn't have.

Herc is not as good as WW because of flight, speed, and the lasso. I suppose Thor's hammer might even it up but still doesn't give him the speed.

Namor is close to Aquaman but lacks weapons and some abilities.

As much as I like Moon Knight, Black Panther is probably a better replacement for Batman.

Who Da Fuk is Iron Man replacing? Is it Cyborg?-Actually this is the only 1 that tilt toward an improvement by Marvel. [/B]
Overall Iron Man is better than Cyborg.

How often do GLs turn invisible, teleport, size change etc? If they can do this they should use these abilities more often in fights instead of getting beaten so much.

As for Quasar with the other abilities listed - he can kind of teleport, including over interstellar distances, by quantum jumping. He also has the energy absorption powers, energy analysis, detection and tracking abilities, has been able to make objects invisible, and protect against TP. He has pretty good BFR abilities to by dumping people in the quantum zone or deep space.

Last edited by basilisk on Oct 24th, 2014 at 03:03 PM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 03:01 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Originally posted by basilisk
Spectrum is not really a good Flash replacement, but has all the energy powers that Flash doesn't have.
Which might be true but it doesn't translate into effectiveness. That's why I said Makkari or Runner is a better Analogue.
Herc is not as good as WW because of flight, speed, and the lasso. I suppose Thor's hammer might even it up but still doesn't give him the speed.

Namor is close to Aquaman but lacks weapons and some abilities.
As much as I like Moon Knight, Black Panther is probably a better replacement for Batman.
Overall I agree except while BP brings more to the table than MK neither of them is Batman equal in skills.
Overall Iron Man is better than Cyborg.
I agree

How often do GLs turn invisible, teleport, size change etc? If they can do this they should use these abilities more often in fights instead of getting beaten so much.
They have used them in comics ever since the late 60's as for why don't they use them more often. It's similar to asking why don't SM use his SS in every fight? Answer: It's hard to write a challenge for a hero that Near Unbeatable
As for Quasar with the other abilities listed - he can kind of teleport, including over interstellar distances, by quantum jumping. He also has the energy absorption powers, energy analysis, detection and tracking abilities, has been able to make objects invisible, and protect against TP. He has pretty good BFR abilities to by dumping people in the quantum zone or deep space.

Last edited by shadowknight on Oct 25th, 2014 at 02:05 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:02 AM