KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Betty Ross (HOTM) vs...Norrin Radd

Betty Ross (HOTM) vs...Norrin Radd
Started by: Sin I AM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by cdtm
Actually, on average his showings are well above the likes of Thor and Hulk, and quite a bit closer to trans level. It's just, he's a B list character. He's always look even with Thor "at best", in the same way Alan Scott will never outshine Hal Jordan, even though by rights he should as he's much more powerful...

Betty was far above the Surfer, and no he isn't above thor. Based on how their battles go, Thor could have simply drained him with Mjolnir. The Surfer would get his butt kicked by Thor and the Savage Hulk combined. This shouldn't be that hard for you to see. Rulk beat the tar out of Uatu, and the Grand Master. Betty was so far above Rulk, that you can't begin to compare the two. Norrin is not a Trans level character, the high herald tier was fashioned after him after all. Thanos is a true Trans level character, and there is no comparison between the two based on what has happened on panel.

Odin slapped the taste out of the Surfer's mouth. There is a huge difference between Thanos, and the Surfer. There is also a big difference between the Surfer, and HOTM Betty. She'd tag, and bag him.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:25 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Stoic
Betty was far above the Surfer, and no he isn't above thor. Based on how their battles go, Thor could have simply drained him with Mjolnir. The Surfer would get his butt kicked by Thor and the Savage Hulk combined. This shouldn't be that hard for you to see. Rulk beat the tar out of Uatu, and the Grand Master. Betty was so far above Rulk, that you can't begin to compare the two. Norrin is not a Trans level character, the high herald tier was fashioned after him after all. Thanos is a true Trans level character, and there is no comparison between the two based on what has happened on panel.

Odin slapped the taste out of the Surfer's mouth. There is a huge difference between Thanos, and the Surfer. There is also a big difference between the Surfer, and HOTM Betty. She'd tag, and bag him.

You're rambling

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 03:22 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
You're rambling

Comparisons had to be set in order for some to realize that Betty was on a higher level than the Surfer.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 03:25 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Alan Scott has outshined Hal Jordan many times, CDTM stick out tongue

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 03:36 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Stoic
Comparisons had to be set in order for some to realize that Betty was on a higher level than the Surfer.

It's nothing he hasn't faced before solo. And thanos having his number doesn't mean betty would

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:16 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

It's nothing he hasn't faced before solo. And thanos having his number doesn't mean betty would

Yes, it actually does. Just like Rulk had his number. You wonder why I ramble, but then it seems like you didn't read a thing that I wrote. Betty was far above Rulk's level, and he easily drained, and killed the Surfer. He took his abilities, and energy. He even beat Uatu nearly to death. Betty during HOTM was far above Rulk's level. Unlike a green Hulk, a red hulk has been shown to do exactly what I said Betty would do to the Surfer. What others have stated goes against what has happened on panel. The idea that you made this thread makes me believe that you are either trying to drag a high Trans down to mid Herald or lower, or you weren't able to recognize just how powerful Betty had become.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:15 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

U can't attribute rulks wankfest to red shulk. They aren't interchangeable

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:13 AM
DarkSaint85

I've never seen Betty drain on the level that Rulk was on.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 07:01 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Red Hulk drained a noob inexperienced Surfer

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 08:05 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

Well, she doesn't need too since she drained Rulk himself.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 12:26 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Red Hulk drained a noob inexperienced Surfer

It wouldn't matter anyway as she wouldn't have the skill level to drain surfer without pis backing especially given his feats.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 01:28 PM
carver9

It wouldn't matter anyway as she wouldn't have the skill level to drain surfer without pis backing especially given his feats.

Who do you think wins? How many wins would you give out of 10?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 01:31 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carver9

Well its not a how many outta ten. It's a percentage of one fight. It varies. I think fighting smartly he will drain betty while using his speed advantage to do fly bys. Using that route he has a seventy to eighty percent chance of victory. If he goes h2h he's done for

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:21 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Betty smashes Norrin into a pile of scrap metal. Drainage not necessary.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:23 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

An intelligent Surfer who can fly and won't go fisticuffs? 10/10

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:30 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Well its not a how many outta ten. It's a percentage of one fight. It varies. I think fighting smartly he will drain betty while using his speed advantage to do fly bys. Using that route he has a seventy to eighty percent chance of victory. If he goes h2h he's done for

This isn't about h2h and draining her is unlikely to happen. Armageddon couldn't even drain WWH (the same person who didn't have a problem messing with Surfer powers) completely of his power and again, Betty during this era was a more powerful Hulk. Draining isn't going to work, especially against a character that can amp off of Surfers output or him being in the vicinity.

Speed advantage really doesn't hold here. Especially against a character that missed attacks would damage Surfer. She could miss a punch and cause catastrophic damage.

Well, you're wrong. You already tried to hinder this fight in favor of Surfer, but your examples are not helping you.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:35 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

This isn't about h2h and draining her is unlikely to happen. Armageddon couldn't even drain WWH (the same person who didn't have a problem messing with Surfer powers) completely of his power and again, Betty during this era was a more powerful Hulk. Draining isn't going to work, especially against a character that can amp off of Surfers output or him being in the vicinity.

Speed advantage really doesn't hold here. Especially against a character that missed attacks would damage Surfer. She could miss a punch and cause catastrophic damage.

Well, you're wrong. You already tried to hinder this fight in favor of Surfer, but your examples are not helping you.

How did i hinder this match?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:50 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
An intelligent Surfer who can fly and won't go fisticuffs? 10/10

Intelligence + Surfer dont go hand in hand.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 03:02 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by DarkSaint85

What do you think that she was doing in the Dark Dimension?

U can't attribute rulks wankfest to red shulk. They aren't interchangeable

both of their powers worked exactly the same way at that point in time. They weren't nerfed yet. i said this already way back when i appeared to be rambling. The Surfer is not above being drained himself. Red Hulk's at that point did not have to be touching their opponents for them to take power from them either. Their draining capabilities were done both innately, and consciously.

Betty destroys him 100%

How did i hinder this match?

You didn't hinder the match, but placing Betty up against a high Herald means that you believe that she was a high Herald. WW Hulk was a high Herald. When he went into the Dark Dimension as the world breaker he became far more than he was. Betty did as well. My impression is that you were thinking that Betty was at a far lower level than she actually was. This is not true if this is what you were actually thinking when you made this thread. Anyone that believes this would be ignoring the entire story behind what happened during that arc. It would be like saying that OWAW Superman never had an amp, and he could have done all of the things that he did do without it.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:33 PM
DarkSaint85

She was wished to be on his level?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 04:50 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote