KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Betty Ross (HOTM) vs...Norrin Radd

Betty Ross (HOTM) vs...Norrin Radd
Started by: Sin I AM

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
She was wished to be on his level?

The Wishing Well did not change the fundamental ways that her powers worked. Did any of the other characters under the Wishing Well suddenly change their power sets? She was given the ability to keep pace with the Hulk, and not overheat like Rulk did when he was fighting Thor and Savage Hulk. Betty like Rulk, was given the ability to drain powers, and abilities when they became Red Hulk's. However, they had limits to the amount of power that they could drain like all characters have limits. This includes the Silver Surfer.

Insane Titan said that Rulk drained a noob Surfer, what was Uatu's excuse? He would have drained the Surfer no matter what the Surfer's skill was at that point in time. you have to remember that at the time of the HOTM arc, they had not yet begun to nerf Rulk's powers down, or wirte him up to never being able to change back to human if he used his powers in those ways again. Actually Betty was never given those restrictions from my knowledge. At her most powerful, she was beyond the Surfer, just like she was beyond the high Herald class.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:31 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

So IOW, no limits?

Luke Cage has the super strength power set. Ergo, he is a planet buster.

Hour man has the super speed power set. He can blitz the Flash.

Sebastian Shaw absorbs kinetic energy. Galactus better not headbutt him.

Spectrum absorbs energy. Monarch better not rupture his suit around her.

Powersets are one thing, you're ignoring power levels.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:40 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Not to mention, you're crossing and sharing feats.

Not all Green Lanterns dole out Krona Busters.

Not all hammer bros are Thor.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:42 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

So IOW, no limits?

What does this have to do with anything DS? Red She Hulk was a world breaker. WW Hulk was a high Herald, and he was written to be far below what he became in the dark dimension. Another character does not have to have infinite power to defeat the Surfer, why even bring that ridiculous tactic to the forefront? Betty was more powerful than the Surfer, and she would be able to drain him just like Rulk was able to drain him, and Uatu, who was in turn drained by Betty. Not to mention that I already stated that red hulk's were shown to have limits.

Not to mention, you're crossing and sharing feats.

Not all Green Lanterns dole out Krona Busters.

Not all hammer bros are Thor.

Both of their powers worked the same, the only difference here is that Betty was far more powerful than Rulk was when she was in the Dark Dimension. You may not even be able to calculate the disparity in power between the two. They had the exact same powers, and it didn't take the kind of concentration to drain their victims as it does for Green Lanterns to pull off their higher power stunts. This is why I made certain to mention how a red Hulk's powers were both innate, and conscious when being used offensively. You can continue to try to ignore Betty being above the high herald mark if you want to, but it won't change the fact that she was.

Last edited by Stoic on Oct 25th, 2014 at 06:04 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:59 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

So IOW, no limits?

Oh and I'm not the one ignoring power level here. You are. The Wishing Well gave Betty the ability to go up as high as needed to match the Hulk. This is something that you may be ignoring.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:01 PM
DarkSaint85

Wait wait wait. So you're using Betty as a World breaker in this fight?

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:02 PM
Stoic
Avenger

DS, look at the OP brother. HOTM.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:07 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Yes bettys feats during the HOTM arc. Not Rulks or Hulks. Just betty. People seem to keep interchanging feats

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:37 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Stoic
What do you think that she was doing in the Dark Dimension?

both of their powers worked exactly the same way at that point in time. They weren't nerfed yet. i said this already way back when i appeared to be rambling. The Surfer is not above being drained himself. Red Hulk's at that point did not have to be touching their opponents for them to take power from them either. Their draining capabilities were done both innately, and consciously.

Betty destroys him 100%

You didn't hinder the match, but placing Betty up against a high Herald means that you believe that she was a high Herald. WW Hulk was a high Herald. When he went into the Dark Dimension as the world breaker he became far more than he was. Betty did as well. My impression is that you were thinking that Betty was at a far lower level than she actually was. This is not true if this is what you were actually thinking when you made this thread. Anyone that believes this would be ignoring the entire story behind what happened during that arc. It would be like saying that OWAW Superman never had an amp, and he could have done all of the things that he did do without it.

One theyre feats arent interchangeable no matter how similar their powerset and two that's why i created the match to see where she should be ranked and who other than the best herald in the tier to test her

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 06:40 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sin I AM
One theyre feats arent interchangeable no matter how similar their powerset and two that's why i created the match to see where she should be ranked and who other than the best herald in the tier to test her

Okay I didn't realize the true reason why you set up this match, but betty was as powerful as World Breaker Hulk was, due mainly to the Wishing Well's properties enabling her to match the Hulk as he climbed in power. This is because she was actively using her powers, and the Wishing Well kept her from overloading as she ramped up with him. She was a solid Trans tier character. All things considered.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 08:59 PM
carver9

Well, that isn't a way to test her since you've handicapped her and then put Norman in a mindset he rarely if ever use on panel. An argument can be made for him beating anyone outside of Odin. She is ranked where she should be ranked at in this kind of state..trans tier. Don't be a hater Sin because your acting like one.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 10:35 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by carver9
Well, that isn't a way to test her since you've handicapped her and then put Norman in a mindset he rarely if ever use on panel. An argument can be made for him beating anyone outside of Odin. She is ranked where she should be ranked at in this kind of state..trans tier. Don't be a hater Sin because your acting like one.

Handicapped how is she handicapped? She's at her most powerful iirc. Norrin is simply fighting with cis off. I already stated in the op he does not go OOC so your point holds no weight

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 10:58 PM
carver9

Handicapped how is she handicapped? She's at her most powerful iirc. Norrin is simply fighting with cis off. I already stated in the op he does not go OOC so your point holds no weight

CIS should be off for both.

But he is fighting intelligently, fighting to the best of his ability which is OOC.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

CIS should be off for both.

But he is fighting intelligently, fighting to the best of his ability which is OOC.

No it's actually how all forum fights are, unless otherwise stipulated. Read the rules. You've been here awhile you should know them.

So yes cis is off for both per rules

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:23 PM
carver9

No it's actually how all forum fights are, unless otherwise stipulated. Read the rules. You've been here awhile you should know them.

So yes cis is off for both per rules

Forum rules also states that they fight in character which means CIS is on.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:45 PM
Stoic
Avenger

You can fight to the best of your ability with CIS still being on though. For instance, if the Karate Kid fought to the best of his ability against the Surfer who had power dampeners on, stopping him from firing off energy blasts, KK would kick his butt in. His ability to combat KK under these terms does not somehow lesson him, or turn him into a moron. It would just showcase KK's knowledge of martial arts, which are superior to Norrin's.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:02 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Forum rules also states that they fight in character which means CIS is on.

Read the forum rules, then read the OP. Then get back to me

You can fight to the best of your ability with CIS still being on though. For instance, if the Karate Kid fought to the best of his ability against the Surfer who had power dampeners on, stopping him from firing off energy blasts, KK would kick his butt in. His ability to combat KK under these terms does not somehow lesson him, or turn him into a moron. It would just showcase KK's knowledge of martial arts, which are superior to Norrin's.

I have no idea what you're saying

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 01:22 AM
Stoic
Avenger

I have no idea what you're saying

CIS being on does not make a character a moron. Even with it off there will always be a level or limit to their combat ability or knowledge. For instance if you gave Batman the Iron Man armor, he would be more dangerous than Tony is with the armor. The Surfer isn't that great of a fighter, because he doesn't have to be.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 01:36 AM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

CIS being on does not make a character a moron. Even with it off there will always be a level or limit to their combat ability or knowledge. For instance if you gave Batman the Iron Man armor, he would be more dangerous than Tony is with the armor. The Surfer isn't that great of a fighter, because he doesn't have to be.

That's a horrible analogy

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 01:51 AM
Stoic
Avenger

That's a horrible analogy

Well if you were to take CIS completely off you would have people making claims about the Surfer that he has not shown to be capable of on average. Besides you can't have it both ways. You said from the jump, that the Surfer would not fight out of character. I'm just saying, that he can still fight in character to the best of his ability like any other character can. That's all that I'm saying.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 02:13 AM