KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Marv (Sin City) vs Riddick (Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick, Riddick)

Marv vs Riddick
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Marv 0 0%
Riddick 9 100.00%
Total: 9 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Marv (Sin City) vs Riddick (Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick, Riddick)
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Marv (Sin City) vs Riddick (Pitch Black, The Chronicles of Riddick, Riddick)

Round 1. Knife Fight

Round 2. Gun Fight

Round 3. Fist Fight

Round 4. All-Out

Who wins?

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 03:15 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

1. Riddick.

2. Riddick.

3. Maybe Marv. Riddick is quicker but Marv had incredible strength and damage soak. I'm not sure it was actually better than Riddick's though. Haven't seen Sin City in ages.

4. Riddick.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 03:38 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
1. Riddick.

2. Riddick.

3. Maybe Marv. Riddick is quicker but Marv had incredible strength and damage soak. I'm not sure it was actually better than Riddick's though. Haven't seen Sin City in ages.

4. Riddick.
I agree with 3, when he went up against Kevin, that dude jumped on his ****ING HEAD.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2014 04:42 AM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Mmkay, so I fully watched Sin City for once. And I think Marv takes this. Dude soaks up bullets like they're nothing, he got shot in the head, and took an electric chair without dying.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 07:52 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What's Marv like in the latest Sin City movie?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 08:02 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Kazenji
What's Marv like in the latest Sin City movie?
Well, as far as I can tell, it has to be a prequel because... [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He DOES die in the first one.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 09:58 PM
RJ 2.0
The Grammanator

Riddick, all four.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 02:39 PM
RJ 2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send RJ 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by RJ 2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I was thinking Riddick in all four, as well.

Damage Soak or not, Riddick is faster and more resourceful than Marv. Strength is a Toss-Up as Riddick has some stupid feats of strength that put him comfortably into low-superhuman...but so does Marv. smile

Since I think speed and skill are how you win these close match-ups, Riddick has to win all 4 due to his speed.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 02:55 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Originally posted by Jmanghan
Well, as far as I can tell, it has to be a prequel because... [SPOILER - highlight to read]: He DOES die in the first one.

It can't be a prequel, as Jessica Alba's actions in A Dame to Kill for is caused by the events in the first Sin City movie. She isn't scarred in the first one, when Marv watches her dance, but scarred in the second one, with Marv helping her. Confused me a bit as well, since I also thought he died in the first one - eventually.

This also makes the fight between him and Riddick a bit more complicated to predict. Marv seems pretty much unkillable, surviving multiple gunshots and getting electrocuted. However, Riddick is portrayed as probably the best killer in the multiverse, so I am sure he would find a way - eventually. My money would probably be on him.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 12:12 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

Originally posted by Dreampanther
It can't be a prequel, as Jessica Alba's actions in A Dame to Kill for is caused by the events in the first Sin City movie. She isn't scarred in the first one, when Marv watches her dance, but scarred in the second one, with Marv helping her. Confused me a bit as well, since I also thought he died in the first one - eventually.

This also makes the fight between him and Riddick a bit more complicated to predict. Marv seems pretty much unkillable, surviving multiple gunshots and getting electrocuted. However, Riddick is portrayed as probably the best killer in the multiverse, so I am sure he would find a way - eventually. My money would probably be on him.

...Mind-Blown... Ok, so now Marv has survived being shot by two machine guns for more then 5 seconds, being electrocuted TWICE in the electric chair, being shot in the head, SHOT IN THE HEAD. Getting his head stomped on by a large height and easily being able to shrug it off, being able to get run over about more then 3 times, and if I can remember correctly, he get up from that and walked off. Marv is also arguably stronger then Riddick. I believe he takes every one except the fist fight.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:42 PM
Genesis-Soldier
god blessed him with a...

...Mind-Blown... Ok, so now Marv has survived being shot by two machine guns for more then 5 seconds, being electrocuted TWICE in the electric chair, being shot in the head, SHOT IN THE HEAD. Getting his head stomped on by a large height and easily being able to shrug it off, being able to get run over about more then 3 times, and if I can remember correctly, he get up from that and walked off. Marv is also arguably stronger then Riddick. I believe he takes every one except the fist fight.

except this is the first sin city (or alteast thats what it says) marv was killed in the electric chair after they went to full power for 7 minutes

riddick is the best killer and would survive to see and understand that marv has a huge damage soak. riddick would have to decapitate marv, which he could do easily enough although it would be harder in a H2H battle

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 01:35 AM
Genesis-Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Genesis-Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Genesis-Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

...Mind-Blown... Ok, so now Marv has survived being shot by two machine guns for more then 5 seconds, being electrocuted TWICE in the electric chair...

Have been reading up on this and apparently I was wrong: Marv did die in the electric chair. The consensus seems to be that Miller either screwed up and forgot that Nancy had no scars when Marv saw her last in Sin City before he died, or that she somehow got plastic surgery to fix her face (maybe from the same guy that did Dwight?) so she could go back to dancing...

Either way, leaves me feeling kind of dissatisfied and disgruntled. I liked the first one, but am starting to think making the second was a mistake.

Anyway, money is still on Riddick, especially now that it seems Marv CAN be killed.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 05:04 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jmanghan

I've never seen "A Dame to kill for" :/

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 06:58 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

It's okay, I guess. Just not as good as the first one, imo. Don't think we've posted any major spoilers here - the trailers show Marv in it and Nancy with the scarred face. I didn't watch it on the big screen and am glad I didn't waste a lot of money on it, though I'm not sorry I saw it.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 11:03 AM
Jmanghan

.......Bump.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 05:27 PM
RJ 2.0
The Grammanator

Riddick.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 05:27 AM
RJ 2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send RJ 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by RJ 2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

If you compare Riddick to the super-humanly agile Kevin in the 1st Sin City...Marv's bulkiness & strength was no match for Kevin's speed.

If Marv can capture Riddick long enough to subdue & chain him down...Riddick's got no chance.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2014 05:58 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Well, Marv effortlessly performs a Khan-esque skull crush in A Dame to Kill For. So I think he probably has the strength edge. He also has beastly durability. I see him possibly taking the H2H fight as a result, but Riddick has shown far better weapons skills, so should take the other 3 fights.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2014 07:27 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Riddick takes all four.

If you haven't seen the second Sin City movie, keep it that way, it sucks.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 08:02 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Marv wins in all scenarios, this guy tanked a hail of bullets centre mass, he tanked the better part of a electrocution execution and a car ramming him ad at least 80 mph, his damage soak alone gets him the win, not to mention he's strong enough to snap dudes like twigs

Old Post Feb 20th, 2015 08:26 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote