KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Outlast 2

Outlast 2
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Now ya see neither I nor many people know there's a comic and that explanation would've been better off in the game itself than confuse and irritate everybody wondering what's happening especially with that ending that feels like "buy our DLC to know what's up".
Yeah they really should have explained that in game. I'm not sure if the document mentioning the radio towers explained that they belonged to Murkoff. I do know there were multiple Murkoff references in the game, but I cant recall so I'll check it and get back to you.

Also, I'm pretty sure Joe didn't understand the ending which is why he hated it.[SPOILER - highlight to read]: He thought it was a huge cliff hanger which is why he complained, but that was just another electrical storm which happens in that area according to a document. The baby and all that end of the world stuff was a hallucination by the main character, which is why his wife said "There's nothing there." after the birth. She wasn't as crazy as him since she spent most of the game under ground in the mines where the signals from the towers couldn't reach her. It's also why Father Knoth framed it as a question at the end when you woke up. He couldn't see the baby but assumed it was there and killed himself after the rest of the towns mass suicide (which is why all those bottles of bleach were around at the end). The sun blinding the main character at the end was that radio tower giving off another pulse, which is why he hallucinated praying with Jessica when they were kids again. In reality, he was just wandering through the woods alone and insane at the end. They pulled another Outlast 1 where it came off as supernatural but was just a scientific experiment like Wallrider.

The only thing I still don't get and have an explanation for was Lynns stomach. How did she get bloated like that? Everyone couldn't have been having the same hallucination could they? They did all seem pretty focused on her birthing the antichrist, so maybe they did, but that seems strange and kind of reaching.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on May 1st, 2017 at 07:34 PM

Old Post May 1st, 2017 07:31 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

I just googled it. The Murkoff connection was explained in game, though through documents. The comic isn't necessary to get it, though it's vague in game and through little details.

http://www.powerpyx.com/outlast-2-s...ding-explained/

PWNT

Old Post May 1st, 2017 07:47 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote