KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DCnU Darkseid Vs Monarch

DCnU Darkseid Vs Monarch
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Reflassshh
Mm not sure he meant that but meh. he changed that face plate for something less likely to be opened in order to prevent that happening again iirc.

Is this pre or post arena monarch? If it's the latter i don't think the mask argument would matter much..

Yes he said it. Also denied it ruptured his suit which monarch specifically says that's what happened. Earlier he even claimed Ds hasn't fought anyone solo either...that was proven wrong as well.

Originally posted by carver9
@Galan...

Don't get why you are saying what you are saying. Monarch fts overall poops on Darkseid, so why are you even making this a fight? Based off fts, this isn't even a challenge for Monarch. Just because Prime (who fts also spits on Darkseid) ruptured the suit doesn't mean Darkseid can.

Lifted his face mask, not rupture his suit. Monarch suit afterwards didn't posses the same face mask and after this was done, Monarch closed it easily.

Also, it's not like Monarch will be sitting in one spot allowing this. He will be attacking with enough power to drop Darkseid.

Why? His power increased not the suit itselt. He used the same one pre and post arena.

You're missing the point. If a being much much weaker then Ds did that why is it so hard for you to believe Ds couldnt repeat that to a higher degree? Not saying prime level just that he could rupture the suit which as shown carver claimed he couldn't.

Last edited by -K-M- on Oct 25th, 2014 at 02:16 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:12 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by -K-M-
Yes he said it. Also denied it ruptured his suit which monarch specifically says that's what happened. Earlier he even claimed Ds hasn't fought anyone solo either...that was proven wrong as well.

Why? His power increased not the suit itselt. He used the same one pre and post arena.

You're missing the point. If a being much much weaker then Ds did that why is it so hard for you to believe Ds couldnt repeat that to a higher degree? Not saying prime level just that he could rupture the suit which as shown carver claimed he couldn't.

So you're saying darkseid would somehow know that monarch's weak spot is his mask?.

Even if he did, how would that help him?.

I honestly don't see darkseid beating Monarch. but maybe that's just me

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:31 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

The debate isn't whether or not DS can rupture Monarch's suit.

It's whether or not that helps him.

I don't think it does smile

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:35 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I wonder how the Omega Effect would do to Monarch.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:36 AM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by Reflassshh
So you're saying darkseid would somehow know that monarch's weak spot is his mask?.

Even if he did, how would that help him?.

I honestly don't see darkseid beating Monarch. but maybe that's just me

Of course not. Neither did the green lantern but lantern bat did it himself.

Again not debating it would. Just that he can and could rupture the suit.

Again not debating who would win. Just the incorrect statements he never fought someone solo and he couldn't rupture the suit.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:37 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by krisblaze

Actually the opposite. I was debating he could and one argued he couldn't.

Not debating if it would help or not.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:38 AM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by krisblaze

thumb up
Of course not. Neither did the green lantern but lantern bat did it himself.

Again not debating it would. Just that he can and could rupture the suit.

Again not debating who would win. Just the incorrect statements he never fought someone solo and he couldn't rupture the suit.
That was luck imo. but then again monarch is overconfident and that may happen again.

Point taken smile

Not today, not tomorrow...

Last edited by Adam Grimes on Oct 25th, 2014 at 02:47 AM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:42 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Actually the opposite. I was debating he could and one argued he couldn't.

Not debating if it would help or not.

I phrased it poorly.

The debate SHOULD not be about that stick out tongue

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 03:02 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

His suit after the Arena looks completely different than we he fought the heros in the Arena. How would Darkseid even know to attack the face plate (if it's still there)?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 12:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Based on what we've seen so far, I'm leaning Monarch.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 01:14 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Golgo13
It would evidently just bounce right off him, according to some of the 'logic' in this thread. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 01:38 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Based off fts, it shouldn't do a thing to Monarch. Look at everything he endured while facing the heros.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 01:59 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Yes, Monarch tanked attacks from a bunch of ALTERNATE heroes that cannot be quantified... Yet somehow this equates to him no-selling an attack that, at HALF power, KO'd the Superman for an entire issue.

Lol, love the logic. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 25th, 2014 at 02:06 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:03 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Monarch was a beast. We know where he stands.

Not enough info on Darkseid.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:27 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by "Id"
Monarch was a beast. We know where he stands.

Not enough info on Darkseid.

thumb up

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 02:30 PM
DarkSaint85

This thread is funny thumb up

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:01 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

thumb up

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:15 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

His suit after the Arena looks completely different than we he fought the heros in the Arena. How would Darkseid even know to attack the face plate (if it's still there)?

It's the same suit.

Last edited by -K-M- on Oct 25th, 2014 at 05:45 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 05:40 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I was wondering the same exact thing.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:09 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Originally posted by Galan007
Yes, Monarch tanked attacks from a bunch of ALTERNATE heroes that cannot be quantified... Yet somehow this equates to him no-selling an attack that, at HALF power, KO'd the Superman for an entire issue.

Lol, love the logic. thumb up

We know the power-level of red son Superman, Johnny Quick and Breach at least, and they were absolutely -nothing- compared to him.

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 02:32 AM