KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Christianity is based on substitutionary atonement. Is it a moral religion?

Christianity is based on substitutionary atonement. Is it a moral religion?
Started by: Greatest I am

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Greatest I am

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
You ignore the doctrine of the Trinity.

The Trinity doctrine was forced down Christianity's throat by Constantine when he decided what the church policy would be.

It is a stupid concept that does not wok nearly as well as where they stole it from. Egypt. They dropped all the feminine in their misogynous zeal.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Luke 17:21 Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

I am a brethren to Christ having suffered my apotheosis and can tell you that the Father, as that quote shows, is definitely not the same as the son. The son sit's at his right just as scriptures say he does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR0...;list=PLCBF574D

The thinking shown below is the Gnostic Christian’s goal as taught by Jesus but know that any belief can be internalized to activate your higher mind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alR...player_embedded

This method and mind set is how you become I am and brethren to Jesus, in the esoteric sense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdSVl_HOo8Y

When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jan 7th, 2015 01:22 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by Stoic

Isaiah 5:20
Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter.

Thumpers are so boring and dumb.

Christians call the punishment of the innocent instead of the guilty,--- as in this case, --- good. When it is definitely evil. Ask any court.

Remember that and remember that those Christians make Satan quite happy.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jan 7th, 2015 01:27 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Re: Re: Christianity is based on substitutionary atonement. Is it a moral religion?

Originally posted by dyajeep
well, if you think Jesus will NOT preach immoral things, then where on earth did you come up with all the stuff you're spewing? roll eyes (sarcastic)

All you get is this. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Q...player_embedded

Regards
DL

Old Post Jan 7th, 2015 01:29 AM
dyajeep

Originally posted by Greatest I am
When you can name your God, I am, and mean yourself, you will begin to know the only God you will ever find. Becoming a God is to become more fully human and a brethren to Jesus.

Regards
DL

you are obviously nitpicking verses to suit your argument and belief... and that's the reason why your username is "Greatest I am" because God used "I am" as His name:

"Then Moses said to God, If I come to the people of Israel and say to them, The God of your fathers has sent me to you, and they ask me, What is his name? what shall I say to them?
God said to Moses, I AM WHO I AM. And he said, Say this to the people of Israel, I AM has sent me to you."
Exodus 3:13-14

you have, as usual, wrong interpretation on using "I am" as God's name... you believe that "I am" is the individual person that will be considered a God... oh my goodness, i'm shaking my head right now...

don't take "I am" literally...

the Hebrew word used is hayah (H1961) which means "He who causes to become", to be, become, come to pass, exist, happen, fall out...

He is the God who causes things to happen... it's not you, or any other individual, He is the creator of all...

Old Post Jan 8th, 2015 04:30 AM
dyajeep is currently offline Click here to Send dyajeep a Private Message Find more posts by dyajeep Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ayelewis

Well it's like this; Is it immoral to murder children for the sins of their mother?

Is it immoral to murder people who have sex outside of wedlock?

Is it immoral to murder people who worship the wrong God?

If you find any of those acts immoral then you're contradicting the teachings of the bible.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 03:00 PM
Ayelewis is currently offline Click here to Send Ayelewis a Private Message Find more posts by Ayelewis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

For me what you have to keep in mind is that neither Jesus nor God actually sacrificed anything. God being God would of already known the "death" wouldn't stick. Thus he had nothing to really lose. Jesus likewise in the bible is some kind of superhuman immortal. The most he gave up was..a single weekend of his life.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2015 09:00 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote