KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Bane and Zannah vs. Jedi Strike team

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sith dominate 1 12.50%
Sith barely win 2 25.00%
Jedi barely win 0 0%
Jedi dominate 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bane and Zannah vs. Jedi Strike team
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
You had a point? Bane disintegrated 2 people and turned a Drexyl into a charred husk with one hand, a decade before the end of RoT and with only 2 orbalisks. Anakin isn't even blocking that, let alone Bane's two handed peak lightning. erm

It doesn't compare.

My durasteel feat wasn't a red herring. Even Anakin by AotC can rip bolted durasteel machinery just with his telekinesis. Let's not pretend that disintegrating humans is abnormally impressive or difficult to defend against.

quote:

What do you mean by effectively?

As in, to an extent that would be effective in this confrontation. Especially given that any moment's weakness will result in Zannah's death to several lightsaber strikes.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 08:57 PM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Skybreaker
My durasteel feat wasn't a red herring. Even Anakin by AotC can rip bolted durasteel machinery just with his telekinesis. Let's not pretend that disintegrating humans is abnormally impressive or difficult to defend against.

Well it definitely is, but Bane disintegrated droids so your point is without merit even there.

As in, to an extent that would be effective in this confrontation. Especially given that any moment's weakness will result in Zannah's death to several lightsaber strikes.

I don't really know what you're asking me. If you want to know about Zannah's mental abilities there are lots of threads where they're discussed.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:00 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well it definitely is, but Bane disintegrated droids so your point is without merit even there.

Please elaborate on his disintegrating droids. Is that more impressive than crushing them? Who can say? It certainly isn't more than what Anakin can handle, if his own stock TK can produce comparable levels of damage.

Mind you, I'd say Dooku's disarming three nightsisters with his FL is more impressive than disintegrating some humans or droids.

quote:

I don't really know what you're asking me. If you want to know about Zannah's mental abilities there are lots of threads where they're discussed.

I'm just asking you to clarify exactly what you think Zannah can do with her sorcery, given that she has to contend with multiple duelists at the same time.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:04 PM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by WildBantha88
1. Vader/Anakin always goes unnaturally powerful when he is thinking about Padme and Sidious just told him that he had killed her in his anger.

Here she's taken hostage by the very Sith Anakin is after. He will be thinking about her. A lot.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:05 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stigma
Here she's taken hostage by the very Sith Anakin is after. He will be thinking about her. A lot.

Jesus, I didn't notice that detail. Anakin solos.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:10 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Bane and Zannah die instantly and burn up in the furnace heart.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:10 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Re: Bane and Zannah vs. Jedi Strike team

quote:

To spice things up, Bane and Zannah capture Padme and barricade themsleves in the throne room.

Anakin solo shitstomps.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:16 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Oh please, Padme's been in danger before without Anakin godmoding.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:16 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

In danger to this magnitude, and to two DLOTS?

Zonakin trollstomps.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:18 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Uh, yeah. She isn't even in immediate danger, they just kidnapped her.

No.

Please elaborate on his disintegrating droids. Is that more impressive than crushing them? Who can say? It certainly isn't more than what Anakin can handle, if his own stock TK can produce comparable levels of damage.

Mind you, I'd say Dooku's disarming three nightsisters with his FL is more impressive than disintegrating some humans or droids.

He's fighting technobeasts, he raises his hand and disintegrates a dozen of them. And yes, it's much more impressive than crushing them, he's shredding to millions of pieces. It's a level of destruction a fair few levels beyond merely crushing them. It certainly is more than Anakin can handle.

No, it isn't.

I'm just asking you to clarify exactly what you think Zannah can do with her sorcery, given that she has to contend with multiple duelists at the same time.

She can likely send any of these guys into coma's or drive them insane with her spell. Basically she'll rip their minds apart. She can do this with a thought and gesture.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:21 PM
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what Anakin's going to think when he sees two sith lords kidnapping his wife.

Anakin shitstomps.

quote:

No.

He's fighting technobeasts,

??? Technobeasts? I do not recall this part. WTF are these technobeasts?

quote:
It certainly is more than Anakin can handle.

Anakin in No Prisoners holds back an actual storm of that magnitude with the Force, and Padme wasn't being kidnapped. Anakin has also collapsed buildings; I think that's of comparable power; but in either effect, you should know that just deflecting lightning with your lightsaber long enough for one of your teammates to gut Bane is not equivalent to having to actually match it in power.

quote:

No, it isn't.

Given that he was taking on actual Force users rather than beasts or random thugs.

quote:

She can likely send any of these guys into coma's or drive them insane with her spell. Basically she'll rip their minds apart. She can do this with a thought and gesture.

Except you need to prove that she can do this.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:28 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

They just kidnapped her.

just kidnapped her.

just kidnapped

erm

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:37 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

^seriously, Bane and Zannah are going to die very painful deaths.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:38 PM
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

And let's not pretend it willl be Bane vs. only Anakin.
There are 3 more Jedi here. More likely than not Bane and Zannah are going to fight 1v2 fights.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 09:42 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what Anakin's going to think when he sees two sith lords kidnapping his wife.

Anakin shitstomps.

Again, Padme's been in danger and Anakin hasn't gone godmode. It's not really going to matter. It might actually make him more vulnerable to Zannah's mental attack if she's there in person, get him to believe the illusions of her dying more.

No, Anakin gets shitstomped.

??? Technobeasts? I do not recall this part. WTF are these technobeasts?

Cyborgs made out of metal and flesh and powered by the force I think? But the flesh had rotted away by that point so they were just metal.

Anakin in No Prisoners holds back an actual storm of that magnitude with the Force, and Padme wasn't being kidnapped. Anakin has also collapsed buildings; I think that's of comparable power; but in either effect, you should know that just deflecting lightning with your lightsaber long enough for one of your teammates to gut Bane is not equivalent to having to actually match it in power.

I don't know what you're referring to here. He held back a storm of disintegration? I highly doubt that.

Bane collapsed the Lehon Temple. Anakin collapsing a damaged roof involuntarily doesn't mean shit. And no, it's still not comparable to disintegrating a dozen metal opponents with a wave of your hand. Not close.

How can you gut Bane when he's wearing orbalisk armor? erm

Given that he was taking on actual Force users rather than beasts or random thugs.

Lmao. No, Bane's feat is still well better than his. And his lightning is greatly more powerful. Dooku had to attack them when their defenses were down, so them being force users doesn't really matter much.

Except you need to prove that she can do this.

Her mental attack almost defeated Bane, who's willpower is far far greater than these guys. Raskta will likely die if either of these two attack her with the Force and we know Depa is susceptible to mental influence. Anakin obviously is massively mentally unbalanced and easily mindpwned. Shaak Ti is the strongest in terms of mental/Force power combo but still insufficient to resist.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 10:14 PM
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Again, Padme's been in danger and Anakin hasn't gone godmode.

Please point me to instances where Padme has been kidnapped by sith lords.

quote:
It's not really going to matter. It might actually make him more vulnerable to Zannah's mental attack if she's there in person, get him to believe the illusions of her dying more.

Focused rage Anakin is unstoppable. If he still has a clear goal (ie, rescue Padme), he'll godstomp.

quote:

No, Anakin gets shitstomped.

No, Anakin is "the strongest" and "the fastest" Jedi "maybe of any generation". wink

quote:

Cyborgs made out of metal and flesh and powered by the force I think? But the flesh had rotted away by that point so they were just metal.

Somehow doesn't seem like they're as durable as 20 BBY droids and durasteel rooms, but OK. You still seem to imply that Anakin has to be able to match Bane's power to deflect his FL with his lightsaber, when really he just needs to stand his ground and hold onto his lightsaber. AotC Obi Wan casually does this against Dooku's FL.

quote:

I don't know what you're referring to here. He held back a storm of disintegration? I highly doubt that.

You would be wrong, but I don't have the book with me so whtv.

quote:

Bane collapsed the Lehon Temple. Anakin collapsing a damaged roof involuntarily doesn't mean shit. And no, it's still not comparable to disintegrating a dozen metal opponents with a wave of your hand. Not close.

It doesn't have to be comparable. Anakin just has to block it with his lightsaber long enough for someone to lunge in and cut Bane's head off.

quote:

How can you gut Bane when he's wearing orbalisk armor? erm

Fine, spew his brains out. Same thing.

quote:

Lmao. No, Bane's feat is still well better than his. And his lightning is greatly more powerful. Dooku had to attack them when their defenses were down, so them being force users doesn't really matter much.

The difference is, Zonakin's power was enough to literally make Dooku's strength in the Force irrelevant. He's certainly capable of standing his ground long enough for Bane to lose his head.

quote:

Her mental attack almost defeated Bane, who's willpower is far far greater than these guys.

Nexus doe

quote:
Raskta will likely die if either of these two attack her with the Force and we know Depa is susceptible to mental influence. Anakin obviously is massively mentally unbalanced and easily mindpwned. Shaak Ti is the strongest in terms of mental/Force power combo but still insufficient to resist.

It's OK, this is Zonakin, Zonakin solos. Happy Dance

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 10:26 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Please point me to instances where Padme has been kidnapped by sith lords.

AotC.

Focused rage Anakin is unstoppable. If he still has a clear goal (ie, rescue Padme), he'll godstomp.

Lmao @ that Anakin wank.

No, Anakin is "the strongest" and "the fastest" Jedi "maybe of any generation". wink

Oh, he's faster than Yoda!? That changes everything!

Not. Obvious hyperbole is obvious. Please keep the Anakin wanking to a minimum. That Anakin is faster than any of the Jedi in his generation doesn't mean he can handle Orbalisk Bane.

Somehow doesn't seem like they're as durable as 20 BBY droids and durasteel rooms, but OK. You still seem to imply that Anakin has to be able to match Bane's power to deflect his FL with his lightsaber, when really he just needs to stand his ground and hold onto his lightsaber. AotC Obi Wan casually does this against Dooku's FL.

No, but Anakin doesn't even approach Bane's level of power and he's never shown himself able to deflect lightning as powerful's Bane's.

Dooku's lightning is just shit. wink

You would be wrong, but I don't have the book with me so whtv.

Dang.

It doesn't have to be comparable. Anakin just has to block it with his lightsaber long enough for someone to lunge in and cut Bane's head off.

He wouldn't be able to block it with his lightsaber. Bane would overwhelm his defenses whilst sidestepping the blow.

Fine, spew his brains out. Same thing.

Nah. It's not that easy to hit someone as fast as Bane.

The difference is, Zonakin's power was enough to literally make Dooku's strength in the Force irrelevant. He's certainly capable of standing his ground long enough for Bane to lose his head.

This isn't Zonakin though. erm

Nexus doe

The power in Lake Natth was sealed until Zannah's final attack. She wasn't drawing on it until that point. And anyway, Bane would have benefited from any nexus Zannah was.

It's OK, this is Zonakin, Zonakin solos. Happy Dance

Nope.

Even if it is, Zonakin didn't demonstrate anything with the Force. I doubt he could defeat, say, Sidious in that state. SO I doubt he could defeat Orbalisk Bane + Zannah. Especially with Zannah fvcking with him. Remember that a mere taunt from Dooku stopped Anakin from being so good and made him freak out. Zannah mentally attacking him would shit on him.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 10:40 PM
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

AotC.

Seriously? That was your example? Comeon now, that was AotC Anakin, and the two weren't even married yet. Nor do a bunch of beasts really compare to two dark lords of the sith.

quote:

Lmao @ that Anakin wank.

Anakin is the Chosen One. You need to realize that he is far beyond anyone in the mythos at this point.

quote:

Oh, he's faster than Yoda!?

Yes.

quote:

No, but Anakin doesn't even approach Bane's level of power and he's never shown himself able to deflect lightning as powerful's Bane's.

Dooku's lightning is just shit. wink

That's a pretty stupid point given that we never really see Anakin face lightning at this level. We do know that Bane doesn't immediately kill every Jedi he faces with FL.

quote:

Dang.

Anakin still wins though, he's the strongest jedi of any generation.

quote:

He wouldn't be able to block it with his lightsaber. Bane would overwhelm his defenses whilst sidestepping the blow.

Ooohh, now he can overwhelm Skywalker's defenses and sidestep a f*cking lightsaber strike now?

quote:

Nah. It's not that easy to hit someone as fast as Bane.

When he's FL'ing someone he's basically immobile.

quote:

This isn't Zonakin though. erm

It certainly is.

quote:

The power in Lake Natth was sealed until Zannah's final attack. She wasn't drawing on it until that point. And anyway, Bane would have benefited from any nexus Zannah was.

i don't elieve u and point is zannah's sorcery grew particularly stronger where she couldn't use it before.

quote:

Nope.

Yep.

quote:

Even if it is, Zonakin didn't demonstrate anything with the Force.

He did. Read the novel.

quote:
I doubt he could defeat, say, Sidious in that state.

That is debateable.

quote:
SO I doubt he could defeat Orbalisk Bane + Zannah. Especially with Zannah fvcking with him. Remember that a mere taunt from Dooku stopped Anakin from being so good and made him freak out. Zannah mentally attacking him would shit on him.

Zonakin =/= Emokin.

-----

In all seriousness, though, I find it very dubious that Darth Bane could overwhelm Anakin from the get-go with FL. He hasn't done this in multiple circumstances against weaker foes. More to the point, even were this a possibility, it becomes a pretty suicidal one when we consider that any moment of vulnerability on Bane's part is invitation for one of the other Jedi to cut his head off, your rather extreme suggestion that he could pull this off while sidestepping the strikes of a Jedi Master aside. Zannah, meanwhile, is hopelessly outnumbered and manages to survive with soresu at the best. I find it dubious that she could pull off her sorcery against these levels of opponents without getting gutted in her moment of weakness.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 10:51 PM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

In all seriousness, though, I find it very dubious that Darth Bane could overwhelm Anakin from the get-go with FL. He hasn't done this in multiple circumstances against weaker foes. More to the point, even were this a possibility, it becomes a pretty suicidal one when we consider that any moment of vulnerability on Bane's part is invitation for one of the other Jedi to cut his head off, your rather extreme suggestion that he could pull this off while sidestepping the strikes of a Jedi Master aside. Zannah, meanwhile, is hopelessly outnumbered and manages to survive with soresu at the best. I find it dubious that she could pull off her sorcery against these levels of opponents without getting gutted in her moment of weakness.

Well he did try to FL the RoT Strike Team but BM Raskta was badass enough to catch the individual bolts of lightning and stop it. Before then he went berserk and just tried to bullrush them because he was pretty pissed off at the time. So that's why he didn't do that. Farfalla for example was utterly vulnerable to his lightning. And Zannah is powerful enough to block his lightning. He did immediately go for it against Cognus' team though. Regardless, your reasoning isn't sufficient to argue that Bane couldn't pwn someone with lightning. I'm not just talking about Anakin. If Bane does Force Storm at the start and kill someone off the bat then the Sith have the clear advantage.

It really isn't a moment of vulnerability. I'm only suggesting he'd do this while they're charging him at the start or if he blasts someone clear with TK or something.

Again, I'm not suggesting she's going to bust out her sorcery with them right up in her face.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:05 PM
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well he did try to FL the RoT Strike Team but BM Raskta was badass enough to catch the individual bolts of lightning and stop it.

Let's pretend that BM Raskta is on RotS Anakin's level.

quote:

Before then he went berserk and just tried to bullrush them because he was pretty pissed off at the time. So that's why he didn't do that.

When Bane is pissed off, he typically resorts to the Force.

quote:
Farfalla for example was utterly vulnerable to his lightning.

Farfalla is trash-tier in comparison to Anakin.

quote:
And Zannah is powerful enough to block his lightning. He did immediately go for it against Cognus' team though. Regardless, your reasoning isn't sufficient to argue that Bane couldn't pwn someone with lightning. I'm not just talking about Anakin. If Bane does Force Storm at the start and kill someone off the bat then the Sith have the clear advantage.

So, Bane has never overwhelmed anyone of Anakin's level. He fails on multiple occasions to do so against weaker foes. I say you have provided no evidence to make me believe that Bane can pull this off, or, more importantly, do this quickly enough to not get gutted by another Jedi.

quote:

It really isn't a moment of vulnerability. I'm only suggesting he'd do this while they're charging him at the start or if he blasts someone clear with TK or something.

I don't see how he can pull this off if they're charging at him...he tries it against Anakin, he gets killed.

quote:

Again, I'm not suggesting she's going to bust out her sorcery with them right up in her face.

Let's look to their duel in RoT, then. Replace Anakin with any of the strike team, and the duo dies. They almost died already to a group that wasn't really on this team's level. Zannah had to take advantage of very particular openings to use her sorcery on a Jedi who was explicitly weak in the Force. The sith are outnumbered; Zannah can't take on the trio, and Bane is going to soon find himself hopelessly outmatched.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:10 PM