KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Bane and Zannah vs. Jedi Strike team

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Sith dominate 1 12.50%
Sith barely win 2 25.00%
Jedi barely win 0 0%
Jedi dominate 5 62.50%
Total: 8 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Bane and Zannah vs. Jedi Strike team
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Skybreaker
Let's pretend that BM Raskta is on RotS Anakin's level.

I'm not feeling generous enough to lower her down for you atm.

When Bane is pissed off, he typically resorts to the Force.

Well he didn't, so...? erm

Farfalla is trash-tier in comparison to Anakin.

Yeah, but he was enhanced by Battle Meditation.

So, Bane has never overwhelmed anyone of Anakin's level. He fails on multiple occasions to do so against weaker foes. I say you have provided no evidence to make me believe that Bane can pull this off, or, more importantly, do this quickly enough to not get gutted by another Jedi.

Zannah is more powerful than Anakin. I don't care if you say that, because you've completely failed to provide any evidence showing that Anakin can block it, while I've proved the strength of Bane's lightning. Seriously dude, you might as well be arguing that Anakin can block Sidious' lightning here. erm

Also theres no reason to think that Bane will specifically target Anakin with his lightning.

Bane isn't going to be gutted. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I don't see how he can pull this off if they're charging at him...he tries it against Anakin, he gets killed.

Well let me paint a picture for you: He raises his hand or hands and blasts Anakin, who tries to block it but the lightning overpowers his defense and fvcks him up. Shaak Ti reaches him and swings at Bane while this is going on and Bane stops and blocks her or fvcking ducks.

Seriously, it's not exactly difficult to figure out bro. erm

It's not as if Lightning is this super intensive technique that requires all his concentration. He lifts his hands and does it at will.

Let's look to their duel in RoT, then. Replace Anakin with any of the strike team, and the duo dies. They almost died already to a group that wasn't really on this team's level. Zannah had to take advantage of very particular openings to use her sorcery on a Jedi who was explicitly weak in the Force. The sith are outnumbered; Zannah can't take on the trio, and Bane is going to soon find himself hopelessly outmatched.

Difference is that Anakin doesn't have Battle Meditation in this fight and none of the rest of his team do either. Zannah is also much more powerful here than she was in RoT. She can blast Raskta and Depa around with TK and her sorcery is much more potent.

Last edited by Nephthys on Oct 25th, 2014 at 11:25 PM

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
I'm not feeling generous enough to lower her down for you atm.

No, keep going, the more you try, the lower they look to everyone watching.

quote:

Well he didn't, so...? erm

...he realized that wouldn't work?

quote:

Yeah, but he was enhanced by Battle Meditation.

BM doesn't magically raise you several tiers in the hierarchy. It provides a palpable, but not overwhelming advantage. In some canon sources it doesn't even provide a tangible physical advantage but just boosts your morale and coordination. Let's not pretend it would propel Farfalla onto the level of Anakin.

quote:

Zannah is more powerful than Anakin.

Hardly the point. Nobody's suggesting Anakin can match Bane's actualized Force power.

quote:
I don't care if you say that, because you've completely failed to provide any evidence showing that Anakin can block it, while I've proved the strength of Bane's lightning. Seriously dude, you might as well be arguing that Anakin can block Sidious' lightning here. erm

Yeah, you demonstrated that Bane can disintegrate some animal cyborgs. You also demonstrated that Bane fails to use his lightning against much weaker foes than Anakin. All the while, you cleverly sidestep the issue of there being other Jedi to chop Bane's head off whenever the point is brought up.

quote:

Also theres no reason to think that Bane will specifically target Anakin with his lightning.

If he targets someone else, he has Anakin to worry about.

quote:

Bane isn't going to be gutted. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If he just stands there trying to overpower Anakin, he will be.

quote:

Well let me paint a picture for you: He raises his hand or hands and blasts Anakin, who tries to block it but the lightning overpowers his defense and fvcks him up.

And you assume this overpowers his defenses...because?

quote:
Shaak Ti reaches him and swings at Bane while this is going on and Bane stops and blocks her or fvcking ducks.

So you just assume that Bane can overpower Anakin's defenses faster than Shaak Ti can reach him and swing her lightsaber because...?

quote:

Seriously, it's not exactly difficult to figure out bro. erm

Let me paint another picture for you. Bane tries to zap Anakin with his FL, but Anakin catches it with his palm, laughs, and then redirects it as a Force bomb, exploding and killing Bane and Zannah at the same time. I win, because I can also make unsupported assertions.

quote:

It's not as if Lightning is this super intensive technique that requires all his concentration. He lifts his hands and does it at will.

Um, if he's trying to overpower Anakin, it certainly takes a lot of concentration. It's not as though Sidious was having a fun time taking on Yoda with it.

quote:

Difference is that Anakin doesn't have Battle Meditation in this fight and none of the rest of his team do either.

Anakin is still more powerful than any member of the strike team Bane and Zannah had faced, and that confrontation should have really gone either way.

Also don't forget that this is Zonakin, he solos, srs.

quote:

Zannah is also much more powerful here than she was in RoT. She can blast Raskta and Depa around with TK and her sorcery is much more potent.

She will be outnumbered 3 to 1. Nothing suggests she could take them out in such a confrontation; she may be able to survive for a respectable timeframe by virtue of her soresu.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:34 PM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No, keep going, the more you try, the lower they look to everyone watching.

Anakin doesn't have two sabers and can't replicate Raskta's feat, unless you think he can catch a dozen forks of lightning individually with one blade, lol.

(He can't because he's not as fast as her)

...he realized that wouldn't work?

He wasn't exactly tactically assessing the fight at that point. He tried to literally run over them. He obviously could kill anyone except Raskta with lightning though.

BM doesn't magically raise you several tiers in the hierarchy. It provides a palpable, but not overwhelming advantage. In some canon sources it doesn't even provide a tangible physical advantage but just boosts your morale and coordination. Let's not pretend it would propel Farfalla onto the level of Anakin.

I never said that it did or that he was equal to Anakin, I just pointed out that Farfalla wasn't trash tier when enhanced by BM.

Hardly the point. Nobody's suggesting Anakin can match Bane's actualized Force power.

So don't act as if Bane failed to overpower Zannah means he'll fail against Anakin.

Yeah, you demonstrated that Bane can disintegrate some animal cyborgs. You also demonstrated that Bane fails to use his lightning against much weaker foes than Anakin. All the while, you cleverly sidestep the issue of there being other Jedi to chop Bane's head off whenever the point is brought up.

I think you've got your wires crossed. He disintegrated the technobeats (some of which were as large as Rancor's btw, they weren't freaking dog sized or anything) with his TK, not his lightning. He disintegrated other guys with lightning. Keep trying to lowball Bane's lightning though, it's awful amusing. thumb up

No, I'm pretty sure I've stated repeatedly that Anakin's companion won't manage to cut Bane's head off while he's blasting Anakin. I know that it's super difficult to use Force lightning and step to the side at the same time, but I'm comfortable that Bane can manage it. Though with the Orbalisks, he can block a lightsaber by shrugging. roll eyes (sarcastic)

If he targets someone else, he has Anakin to worry about.

Oh no, the horror.

Nevermind that Bane can take a few few hits at the start before they work out the orbalisks.

If he just stands there trying to overpower Anakin, he will be.

That's literally impossible.

And you assume this overpowers his defenses...because?

Because Anakin hasn't demonstrated anywhere near the ability to block lightning of Bane's caliber and any suggestion that he can is baseless speculation?

So you just assume that Bane can overpower Anakin's defenses faster than Shaak Ti can reach him and swing her lightsaber because...?

The Naboo throne room is pretty big? Also it's not as if it'll take very long, lightning is pretty fast.

Let me paint another picture for you. Bane tries to zap Anakin with his FL, but Anakin catches it with his palm, laughs, and then redirects it as a Force bomb, exploding and killing Bane and Zannah at the same time. I win, because I can also make unsupported assertions.

Ok, are we done here? I mean, you've literally got no way to rebut my points now and are just trying to nitpick it apart. I'm getting kind of tired of this slapfight.

Um, if he's trying to overpower Anakin, it certainly takes a lot of concentration. It's not as though Sidious was having a fun time taking on Yoda with it.

No, it doesn't.

Anakin is still more powerful than any member of the strike team Bane and Zannah had faced, and that confrontation should have really gone either way.

I don't give a shit.

Also don't forget that this is Zonakin, he solos, srs.

It isn't and he doesn't.

She will be outnumbered 3 to 1. Nothing suggests she could take them out in such a confrontation; she may be able to survive for a respectable timeframe by virtue of her soresu.

Lmao. You really think Anakin will be able to solo Orbalisk Bane, don't you? Oh my ****ing god....

She'd survive a lot longer against those two than Anakin would against Bane solo. smile

I'm probably not going to bother to respond again. I think I've proven my point by now. If you're seriously suggesting Anakin solo's then I really don't think its worth my time to continue this.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2014 11:56 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

You still haven't explained why I should believe Bane's lightning can take out Anakin, especially now that you've clarified that the technobeast feat wasn't actually done by his lightning, leaving us just with disintegrating a few flesh and blood humans, a feat inferior to many of Anakin's stock TK demonstrations. You conveniently make excuses for Bane whenever he fails to actually use his allegedly uber-lightning to kill anyone of import. Indeed, you place the burden of proof on me to demonstrate that Anakin can defend against it, and never bother to actually show when Bane has ever overpowered anyone of import with it.

Oh, and "sidestepping" a trained Jedi master swinging at you with a blade isn't the same thing as shuffling your feet to the side. You're now postulating ridiculous abilities of Bane that he's never demonstrated; overwhelm a Jedi far more powerful than any Bane has ever faced FL with, and then sidestep someone else coming in from his blindside just 'cause. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:03 AM
Click here to Send Skybreaker a Private Message Find more posts by Skybreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

That you actually think Bane disintegrating 2 dudes and turning a Drexyl to charcoal is inferior to Anakin's TK demonstrates exactly why I'm not continuing this. You know that you need several gigajoules of lightning to disintegrate a single person, right?

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:06 AM
Skybreaker
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Nephthys
That you actually think Bane disintegrating 2 dudes and turning a Drexyl to charcoal is inferior to Anakin's TK demonstrates exactly why I'm not continuing this.

Yeah, as though Anakin's TK hasn't collapsed buildings, or even at the minimum ripped bolted durasteel machinery, or anything. And once again you pass over the fact that Anakin doesn't need to match Bane's strength in the Force.

quote:

You know that you need several gigajoules of lightning to disintegrate a single person, right?

Speaking as an engineering major, I'd be interested in seeing the calculations you have for this, given that "disintegration" isn't even a definite physical process.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2014 12:16 AM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Without having to quote Neph's arguments which I've already debunked, the Sith get stomped.

Zannah is a non issue and gets destroyed by Shaak Ti and Depa, and Bane isn't good enough to oneshot Anakin with anything. I really doubt the Sith even take one round, if Bane had trouble with Raskta he is going to get stomped by Anakin and Shaak Ti (both outskill him and are comparably powerful). The Sith lose

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 02:16 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Vorpal Ruin
Jedi Master

I think the strike team will win, but will sustain casualties.

It is entertaining to see how high Bane and Zannah are currently being held in regard, though.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 02:42 AM
Click here to Send Vorpal Ruin a Private Message Find more posts by Vorpal Ruin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by Vorpal Ruin
It is entertaining to see how high Bane and Zannah are currently being held in regard, though.

Only by *some* people.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 02:43 AM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I doubt that. Raskta would lose to Bane, but it would take Zannah a long time for her to implement her illusions on to her seeing as she has to gather her power and even without an amp Raskta and Depa are more skilled. Ti would crush Zannah in a saber duel, and Anakin could ragdoll her while the Jedi hold Bane off or kill him via superior numbers.

The Sith are outnumbered, outskilled (massively), and Bane's nexus feats are doing nothing for him here

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 02:44 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote