KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kong: Skull Island (2016)

Kong: Skull Island (2016)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
steverules_2

Skull island (2016)

quote:
Skull Island (2016) – A Universal Pictures/Legendary Pictures co-production prequel of King Kong being released on November 4, 2016. It is unknown at this time if it will be a prequel to the 1933 film, or the 2005 film. The studio announced that Tom Hiddleston will star as the lead and it will be directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts based on a screenplay written by Max Borenstein.

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 11:23 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Cool, i always found the island fascinating.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 12:04 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

less human characters, please.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 12:36 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

From Max Borenstein, the writer of the shitty 2014 Godzilla and Seventh Son, which looks to be a Hunger-Games-rip-off teen book movie.

Yeah, my hope aren't too high for this

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 27th, 2014 01:55 PM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Didnt know Godzilla was a shitty movie, or that HG was the only teen book in print.

I have GOT to get on facebook!

The island scenes in the 05 KK movie were my favorites. Great atmosphere. Maybe we'll get to see a whole tribe of giant gorillas. That'd be exciting.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 06:13 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Godzilla 2014 wasn't that bad, lots of room for improvement though.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 07:16 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well nothing is perfect.
I can see the difference between me not liking something and it not being good. I also dont assign impossibly high standards to movies/TV. Its very rare you'll catch me saying something is really just awful. I try and save that for special occasions.
I realize these things put me in the minority of course.

On Topic: it'll be great to see Hiddleston out of his excellent Loki role. Looking forward to that.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 08:32 AM
Lestov16
CTU Field Agent

quote: (post)
Originally posted by riv6672
Didnt know Godzilla was a shitty movie, or that HG was the only teen book in print.

I have GOT to get on facebook!

The island scenes in the 05 KK movie were my favorites. Great atmosphere. Maybe we'll get to see a whole tribe of giant gorillas. That'd be exciting.

Good, that means you didn't see and were spared the disappointment.

You're completely right. This teen-book-rip-off thing has been going since Harry Potter and Twilight. HG was just the last good one.

What's on facebook?

You realize these aren't the screenwriters of King Kong, right? Given what we saw in Godzilla, we'll probably get 3 minutes of monsters and loads of exposition from emotionless stock characters, because that's not shitty writing at all!

"Tell him that you've got credible intelligence about a threat to his life"-
Jack Bauer

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:01 AM
Lestov16 is currently offline Click here to Send Lestov16 a Private Message Find more posts by Lestov16 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I seriously hope this film is like a homage to King Kong.
More great apes less "we've already seen 'em before" dinosaurs.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 11:36 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Rumour has it that Skull Island will exist in the same universe/ time line that Godzilla does...

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 01:31 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dramatic Gecko
Gypsy With Internet

How is a prequel of a story based in the 20s/30s going to fit with the Godzilla movie?

They find King Kong on a crashed jet in the arctic?

Lets start by summoning feats.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 04:34 AM
Dramatic Gecko is currently offline Click here to Send Dramatic Gecko a Private Message Find more posts by Dramatic Gecko Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

It's a speculation that a sequel to Skull Island may lead to Kong VS Godzilla.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 04:40 AM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
It's a speculation that a sequel to Skull Island may lead to Kong VS Godzilla.

Sounds like a place Kaz was raised.

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 04:47 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

He hasn't posted in days.

Must've been something YOU said, Time.

I'm innocent. cool

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 05:04 AM
steverules_2

I'm waiting for him to send me a link to a thread already existing about this film

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 31st, 2014 08:29 AM
steverules_2 is currently offline Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
heathjack

I didn't like Godzilla too much it took hour for him to show but I enjoyed king Kong but im hoping for king Kong vs. Godzilla movie.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 12:32 PM
heathjack is currently offline Click here to Send heathjack a Private Message Find more posts by heathjack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Yeah. I got tired of all those Art Film Freaks who tried to make the claim that Godzilla not being in the movie that much was a homage to how the old orginall film was made... I hate those guys.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 03:49 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Yaaay another two hour CGI bluescreen fest

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 09:44 PM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Bentley
Godzilla 2014 wasn't that bad, lots of room for improvement though.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:30 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by steverules_2
I'm waiting for him to send me a link to a thread already existing about this film

laughing laughing

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 04:31 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote