KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kong: Skull Island (2016)

Kong: Skull Island (2016)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 16 17 [18] 19 20 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Some might find this video interesting:

Film Theory: King Kong's Secret Past - SOLVED! (Kong: Skull Island)

Old Post Apr 5th, 2017 09:43 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Just saw this. Great film! Wayyy better than Godzilla. Way better.

Old Post Apr 5th, 2017 10:09 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It is better than Godzilla, but IMO Godzilla really wasn't that great of a film. Compared to the 1998 Godzilla film yes the movie is excellent, but overall it was very meh for me.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 03:37 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Yeah true. It was very slow moving, and they kept turning away from Godzilla who ch was annoying. Presumably because they were given a limited budget.

Old Post Apr 6th, 2017 04:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Both a sequel and a prequel to the film, the story tells of a secret team of Monarch operatives returning to Skull

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 12:40 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
It was very slow moving, and they kept turning away from Godzilla who ch was annoying.

There was only one "cool" scene.

It was a bunch of soldiers on top of a building waiting for Godzilla to approach...then the moment you expect to finally see Godzilla, a soldier stands up in front of the camera & blocks the shot.

I thought it was a cool tease until they kept deliberately changing scenes the moment Godzilla was approaching.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 01:56 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

This movie hit the 500 plus worldwide million it needed worldwide. Bring on Zilla he's going to get ****ed up by Kong. I'm the first one to ever go out on this limb in proclaiming this.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2017 02:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Some nice tidbits in this little video...

I think they made some smart editing decisions for the better, but it's also unfortunate to see some of the other monster concepts not get used. Maybe for a sequel?

Old Post Apr 13th, 2017 02:51 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

I tried watching this today, but the video kept stopping at the 1 hour 29 minute mark. From what I did see, it was enjoyable enough. Not great, but good.

By Stoic

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 12:57 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by quanchi112
This movie hit the 500 plus worldwide million it needed worldwide. Bring on Zilla he's going to get ****ed up by Kong. I'm the first one to ever go out on this limb in proclaiming this.

Goji has never beaten Kong in the past, so you are not informing nor being innovative in any shape or form.

At least you get the merit of being predictable though.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 02:00 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
Goji has never beaten Kong in the past, so you are not informing nor being innovative in any shape or form.

At least you get the merit of being predictable though.
Different characters entirely you sissy. On another site everyone claimed Godzilla would crush him. I being the naysayer and the only one always make informed decisions regardless of the consensus.

This is a new canon for these characters. You've always be a misinformed and unimaginative troll. Just stay gone next time you coward.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 02:34 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Different characters entirely you sissy.

I forgot you like to pretend that established franchises only exist through the movie versions you like to hype. Partial and biased as always big grin

This is a new canon for these characters.

The old Quan trying to win arguments through sheer repetition shifty

You've always be a misinformed and unimaginative troll. Just stay gone next time you coward.

How am I misinformed by calling you on the bragging about an obvious outcome that you then claim is an informed opinion? If anything you're misinformed about me being misinformed or you were misinformed to begin with confused

It's not exactly imaginative from me to call you out on the stuff you've being doing no-stop for seven years now, so I'll give you that one eek!

At least I mixed it up by being gone for a while

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 02:49 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I forgot you like to pretend that established franchises only exist through the movie versions you like to hype. Partial and biased as always big grin

The old Quan trying to win arguments through sheer repetition shifty

How am I misinformed by calling you on the bragging about an obvious outcome that you then claim is an informed opinion? If anything you're misinformed about me being misinformed or you were misinformed to begin with confused

It's not exactly imaginative from me to call you out on the stuff you've being doing no-stop for seven years now, so I'll give you that one eek!

At least I mixed it up by being gone for a while

You are horrendously wrong. There are only two films out for this continuity. So your opinion with regards to a different continuity has no bearing on here which is ironic since it mirrors your impact on this message board. You are irrelevant just as are the Japanese films with regards to these legendary films.

What I said is an irrefutable fact you are just citing nonsense and you know it.

Based off the posts by others it isn't obvious at all. I am against the popular consensus with regards to the fight. I also believe their fight will be unfinished and will result in teaming up to stop a threat but before that occurs Kong will look superior imo.

Did you even see these films ?? You being a troll I have to ask.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 02:56 PM
Bentley
Seitei

You are horrendously wrong. There are only two films out for this continuity. So your opinion with regards to a different continuity has no bearing on here which is ironic since it mirrors your impact on this message board. You are irrelevant just as are the Japanese films with regards to these legendary films

What I said is an irrefutable fact you are just citing nonsense and you know it..

Impact in the message board? I'm not even sure what's supposed to mean, I come here to chat with my pals smile

You are again reducing the subject out of convenience or convention. We both know that when we debate character battles we stick to the plot elements that are given through movies and everything else is left aside. But we are not debating powerlevels and vsforum style at the moment, we are discussing about the outcome/plot of a movie that is to come and that will be written with a purpose in mind.

Time and time again the plots of remakes have been affected by the outcome of previous fiction (they have a legacy to follow, afterall), so for the purpose of our argument, it's fair thumb up

Based off the posts by others it isn't obvious at all. I am against the popular consensus with regards to the fight.

Those people are honestly leaving their logic at the door. King Kong is the frigging Superman of the monster genre, the respect that the original film gets from classic and modern filmakers puts him in a whole different level. He'll be getting massive respect in the fight and he should get it.

I also believe their fight will be unfinished and will result in teaming up to stop a threat but before that occurs Kong will look superior imo.

I agree that's possible, it wouldn't be the first time that a plot is written to make franchise look good with each other and to promote them for future films. Making either of them look absolutely weak or useless would make little sense anyways.

Did you even see these films ?? You being a troll I have to ask.

Of course I've seen them, I'm pretty hyped for the upcoming film. I hope the next one is closer to the feeling of Skull Island tbh.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 03:13 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Impact in the message board? I'm not even sure what's supposed to mean, I come here to chat with my pals smile

You are again reducing the subject out of convenience or convention. We both know that when we debate character battles we stick to the plot elements that are given through movies and everything else is left aside. But we are not debating powerlevels and vsforum style at the moment, we are discussing about the outcome/plot of a movie that is to come and that will be written with a purpose in mind.

Time and time again the plots of remakes have been affected by the outcome of previous fiction (they have a legacy to follow, afterall), so for the purpose of our argument, it's fair thumb up

Those people are honestly leaving their logic at the door. King Kong is the frigging Superman of the monster genre, the respect that the original film gets from classic and modern filmakers puts him in a whole different level. He'll be getting massive respect in the fight and he should get it.

I agree that's possible, it wouldn't be the first time that a plot is written to make franchise look good with each other and to promote them for future films. Making either of them look absolutely weak or useless would make little sense anyways.

Of course I've seen them, I'm pretty hyped for the upcoming film. I hope the next one is closer to the feeling of Skull Island tbh.
You can have an impact anywhere but you come here to seek out friends. Friend finder you loser.

False. Your perception isn't reality it's just your tiny little neurons trying to sound intelligent. The previous films have no relevance here you clod. Neither creature will be the bad guy based off their previous encounter. If you believe Godzilla will be the bad guy like the other film in which they met I can't wait to be there to slap your silly little French face. You are talking nonsense and trolling but you're a shitty Kang fan so this is to be expected.

No he isn't Superman the guy who had his chest stepped on after Batman crushed him. Kong is Kong and isn't comparable to that D.C. Loser.

My opinion is wel ifnformed yours is just trolling and retardation. Just log out and go away to find friends in real life instead of on a message board.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 03:19 PM
Bentley
Seitei

You can have an impact anywhere but you come here to seek out friends. Friend finder you loser.

Next you'll try to attack me from discussing in a discussion forum big grin

False.

So according to you reimaginings of Kong and Godzilla will live to disregard the past of both franchise despite them being established for decades now?

I appreciate your faith in the current holywood movies and how intellectually honest they are. It's refreshing.

Your perception isn't reality it's just your tiny little neurons trying to sound intelligent.

You have neurons the size of a car. There, I qualified your neurons as something they aren't for the purporse of comedic effect. I don't need to sound smart to argue about Kong of all things, I'm not that insecure.

If you believe Godzilla will be the bad guy like the other film in which they met I can't wait to be there to slap your silly little French face.

I said that? Probably happened in my year of absence 'cause I don't recall it. I do remember saying that your take on the upcoming battle was probably spot on though.

You are talking nonsense and trolling but you're a shitty Kang fan so this is to be expected.

I'll concede the Kang fan part

No he isn't Superman the guy who had his chest stepped on after Batman crushed him. Kong is Kong and isn't comparable to that D.C. Loser.

Again, you probably got my point anyways confused

My opinion is wel ifnformed yours is just trolling and retardation. Just log out and go away to find friends in real life instead of on a message board.

My opinion is retarded despite the fact we agree?

I already went away for a while remember? rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Apr 14th, 2017 03:38 PM
tkitna

Finally saw all of this. I liked the final fight between Kong and the Lizard monster and all in all it was a pretty good movie.

I will say this though to Quan, Kong has a long way to go before he can throw down with Godzilla. Hell Kong almost bit it by just having the water lit on fire. Can you imagine what Zilla would do to him?

By Stoic

Old Post Apr 15th, 2017 09:53 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Finally saw this. Very, very good. CGI was good to look at, great action, and well paced. Is the sequel still happening?

562 M WW so far, is pretty soli.

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 11:16 PM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Just saw this. Great film! Wayyy better than Godzilla. Way better.

Yup. Much better.

Old Post May 2nd, 2017 11:17 PM
Senor Cage is online now! Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by tkitna
Hell Kong almost bit it by just having the water lit on fire.

I got more the impression that it wasn't specifically the fire that made Kong collapse.

Surrounded by the flames he momentarily suffocated from the lack of oxygen & passed out. A couple minutes later he gained conscious.

Godzilla was out for nearly a day & a half from exhaustion & having a building collapse on him.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 01:15 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote