KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kong: Skull Island (2016)

Kong: Skull Island (2016)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 17 18 [19] 20 21 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Godzilla was out for a day and a half because a nuclear bomb exploded in his face.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 01:50 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Just saw this. Great film! Wayyy better than Godzilla. Way better.

Watching spilled paint dry was more fun then 90% of that movie.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 07:57 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Watching spilled paint dry was more fun then 90% of that movie.

Jesus, I think peeps are too harsh on that movie. Aside from killing Bryan Cranston off it was pretty good. Oh, that and having too many action scenes in the dark. But the direction and music was very good.

That being said, of course I did like Skull Island a hell of a lot more.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 12:42 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Jesus, I think peeps are too harsh on that movie. Aside from killing Bryan Cranston off it was pretty good. Oh, that and having too many action scenes in the dark. But the direction and music was very good.

That being said, of course I did like Skull Island a hell of a lot more.

It was almost ad Dull and Boring as Rogue One. Almost but not quite. Godzilla had at least 1 likeable character in it....and sadly it wasn't Godzilla.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 07:58 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Well, same director, so yeah. But his style worked less with "A Star Wars Story" than it did for Godzilla. His style made more sense for Godzilla.

Old Post May 3rd, 2017 08:11 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

One of his earlier movies that he made Monsters, I got bored of that one....maybe other people got something from it but not me.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 12:07 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Kazenji
One of his earlier movies that he made Monsters, I got bored of that one....maybe other people got something from it but not me.

I viewed it from a romantic angle between the two main characters & enjoyed it from that perspective.

The "sequel" was enjoyable too.

Old Post May 4th, 2017 12:30 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Meh....

Old Post May 5th, 2017 01:54 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
Meh....

Eloquence!

Old Post May 5th, 2017 02:17 PM
prabhash.s
Restricted

Account Restricted

A lot of changes in kong since 1950

Old Post Jul 13th, 2017 10:31 AM
prabhash.s is currently offline Click here to Send prabhash.s a Private Message Find more posts by prabhash.s Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Jordan Vogt-Roberts blasts CinemaSins

http://www.darkhorizons.com/kong-sk...apart-critique/

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 04:12 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Well, same director, so yeah. But his style worked less with "A Star Wars Story" than it did for Godzilla. His style made more sense for Godzilla.

How can that be? Since both Rogue 1 and Godzilla 14 bothS SUCKED!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 05:47 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Yeah..well that's like your opinion.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 07:13 AM
Flyattractor

And I am standing by it!!!!!

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 07:19 AM
ShadowFyre

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I got more the impression that it wasn't specifically the fire that made Kong collapse.

Surrounded by the flames he momentarily suffocated from the lack of oxygen & passed out. A couple minutes later he gained conscious.

Godzilla was out for nearly a day & a half from exhaustion & having a building collapse on him.

You and Quan are both horribly wrong.

Godzilla was out for a couple minutes when the building collapsed on him. He was exhausted because the Mutos drained radiation from his body. That's why they were parasites to him. And both Godzilla and Kong won their fight in 64. In japan, Godzilla won, American version Kong won. Complete fail on both your posts.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 12:20 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by ShadowFyre

Godzilla was out for a couple minutes when the building collapsed on him. He was exhausted because the Mutos drained radiation from his body. That's why they were parasites to him. And both Godzilla and Kong won their fight in 64. In japan, Godzilla won, American version Kong won. Complete fail on both your posts.

That's a myth regarding Kong winning with the American version.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 12:23 PM
ShadowFyre

What do you mean? American version Kng swam away, Japanese version Godzilla swam away. Some regarded it as retreating I suppose.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 12:42 PM
ShadowFyre is currently offline Click here to Send ShadowFyre a Private Message Find more posts by ShadowFyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ShadowFyre

I will happily BZ anybody that wants to put Kong up against my Godzilla. Either classic or current. They will literally get stomped.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 12:45 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by ShadowFyre
What do you mean? American version Kng swam away, Japanese version Godzilla swam away. Some regarded it as retreating I suppose.

Its a load of bs basically

and lots of people believe it, Both versions end the same way.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 12:46 PM
ShadowFyre

Really? Everywhere from Wikipedia to toho kingdom cite that as the ending I believe. Regardless, you dont honestly think current Kong would win a confrontation against Godzilla? Based off feats or even implied power? I mean, one was injured by 1970's ammunition and was momentarily held down by a ships anchor, the other tanked a nuclear blast and had ships falling off of his back.

Kong's size and more importantly his durability will have to be increased by several orders of magnitude before he could realistically even last a few minutes with Gojira unless they use a plot device. And that's just going off of current feats with Godzilla having like 20 minutes of screen time.

His feats are gonna stack up when he faces Monster Zero.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 02:07 PM