KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Kong: Skull Island (2016)

Kong: Skull Island (2016)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (22): « First ... « 20 21 [22]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Papa Emeritus III

Watched this again and still rather enjoyed it. I had almost forgotten about all the amusing banter.

This film is a hellava lotta fun.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 03:56 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
KMC's #1 Top Rated Member

Indeed, it's a solid action film, plenty of re-watch in it.

Looking forward to the King Kong Vs Godzilla remake based of these films.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 05:05 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Destiny Still Arrives

Comic Con will have something about the Monsterverse hopefully.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 05:45 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard

The Monsterverse is the classic monsters, no? Mummy, Dracula, Wolfman, CftBL. edit: I think the Invisible Man is part of it too?

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 05:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Destiny Still Arrives

Monsterverse is the current Godzilla and Kong universe.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 06:07 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard

My bad, I'm thinking of the "Dark Universe", which The Mummy (2017) is the first film. Though i's lousy performance at the box office set those plans back it seems.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 06:10 PM
Flyattractor

Kong was a kick ass ride. Way more fun then the 2014 Godzilla movie. Hope they can keep this up in the series.

Last edited by Impediment on Jul 9th, 2018 at 06:38 PM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2018 06:35 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

Kong is going to win over Zilla.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 09:21 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Professional

I still haven't seen this.

Opinions?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 09:41 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Way more fun then Godzilla. This was non-stop Big Monster Action. They need to get the guy that directed this to do the Godzilla movie over Gareth Edwards.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 09:43 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Destiny Still Arrives

The leak could be real.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 10:01 PM
quanchi112
Prepare yourself, Asgard

Bring on Zilla.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 10:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Papa Emeritus III

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I still haven't seen this.

Opinions?

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Watched this again and still rather enjoyed it. I had almost forgotten about all the amusing banter.

This film is a hellava lotta fun.

Originally posted by Robtard
Indeed, it's a solid action film, plenty of re-watch in it.

Watch it. Expect a special effects and character driven action/adventure film. It's fun.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2018 10:21 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rick Deckard

A while back I watched Kong: Skull Island for the first time, on Blu-ray. Superb. This is an incredible film, with amazing effects. Though it's not my favorite Kong film (that would still be the '76 version), I like this rendition of Kong more than the other ones - he's huger than in any of the previous versions, and this really adds to his being an extreme threat. Extremely well-done.

Too many great scenes to cover here, but one of my favorites was near the beginning, when they got to the Island for the first time & Kong started swatting the helicopters away like annoying flies - very cool.

The natives of the island - who disguised themselves as part of the jungle/rock formations - were somewhat creepy.

I also liked how Skull Island is shown as having unexpected dangers on a constant basis, i.e. the huge spider, the disguised?! tree creature, the lizard-like creatures, etc.

I also liked the 1970's setting & the rock/pop soundtrack from that era. It was a good idea to not try to make a re-make of the original '33 version (which as been remade twice anyway, i.e. '76 & 2005), but instead present a completely different story.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2018 02:14 PM
Rick Deckard is currently offline Click here to Send Rick Deckard a Private Message Find more posts by Rick Deckard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote