KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Doctor Strange

Doctor Strange
Started by: Impediment

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (30): « First ... « 28 29 [30]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
Ungod

The concept was pretty lofty and interesting, but it wasn't explored very well because it was just used as an excuse for some boring Comicbook movie action scenes. The generic PG-13 rating to mask violence was glaringly obvious and the poor attempts at humor with the dumb pop culture references did not fit the film and its potentially interesting themes. It's a decent piece of entertainment for kids, but it squandered a rich opportunity for adults. It was boring and actually cringe worthy at times with the astral projection ghosts.

Some of the reverse photography effects were kind of cool, though.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I do miss the days of animatronics and puppets from Jim Henson Studios and the like.

Me too.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2017 03:07 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
The generic PG-13 rating to mask violence

So you're saying they should've gave it an R rating just because it would be cool?..... erm

quote:
It's a decent piece of entertainment for kids, but it squandered a rich opportunity for adults. It was boring and actually cringe worthy at times with the astral projection ghosts.

I beg to differ there

but hey different strokes for different folks.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 12:23 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Kazenji
So you're saying they should've gave it an R rating just because it would be cool?..... erm

Nope. You said that, not me. I think it's a weird double standard hiding violence like this movie does because it makes it seem not so bad. Violence should be portrayed brutally and honestly. That's why I like the way Mel Gibson portrays violence.

They didn't have to decapitate him. They could have done something else for the film.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2017 01:25 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
0mega Spawn
TheWarmestSun

Just saw it... Man was it disappointing

My Reality Is Your Imagination.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2017 11:06 PM
0mega Spawn is currently offline Click here to Send 0mega Spawn a Private Message Find more posts by 0mega Spawn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

This might be controversial, but does anyone think that Doctor Strange is actually the worst of the MCU films? Don't get me wrong, I like it, and Cumberbatch is actually one of the best parts of the movie, but I watched it again tonight, and what I can't get over is just how rushed it is. We get two minutes of Stephen Strange acting like an arrogant brat in his normal life as a surgeon, and then boom, car accident. Boom, Kamar-Taj. Boom, Sorcerer Supreme. Boom, Dormammu. There's never enough time for us to settle into Stephen's character and appreciate his character growth like what we saw in the first Iron Man(And even Iron Man 2).

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 07:35 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Dr Will Hatch
There's never enough time for us to settle into Stephen's character and appreciate his character growth like what we saw in the first Iron Man(And even Iron Man 2).

Honest Trailers sums it best.

Strange & Stark have very much identical characteristics.
Rich, arrogant before a major accident that leads to rediscovering themselves...

Hell, there's even some scenes from both movies that are (lazily) identical.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 07:42 AM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Honest Trailers sums it best.

Strange & Stark have very much identical characteristics.
Rich, arrogant before a major accident that leads to rediscovering themselves...

Hell, there's even some scenes from both movies that are (lazily) identical.

You see, that's the stuff I enjoyed the most, though. I think Doctor Strange as a character is awesome, and his witty repartee was well done. He's actually a bit different than Tony Stark because Stephen is a scholar. He's a well educated man with a photographic memory who is always seeking to improve himself, while Tony is a bit of a natural genius. He just inherently knows how to do s.hit and to tinker with things to make them better. What wasn't well done was the pacing. Less than twenty minutes into the movie, Strange shouldn't already be in Kamar-Taj.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 07:48 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

I wouldn't go as far as saying worst but maybe the most mundane out of the Marvel series. Just finished having to sit through a 2nd time...there's really no
high point of the movie to look forward to.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 01:34 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

This movie sucked.

It was a promising adult concept that came across as lame entertainment for kids with stupid pop culture references for humor.

Hatch has a point about it being rushed.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 02:50 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
This movie sucked.

It was a promising adult concept that came across as lame entertainment for kids with stupid pop culture references for humor.

Hatch has a point about it being rushed.

I liked it, to me it really felt like a wizards movie.

It is possible it was rushed, most likely to make it so they could get it out in time and thus also be able to put the character of Strange in future Avengers films.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2017 04:07 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote