KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Deceived Malgus vs. Plo Koon

Deceived Malgus vs. Plo Koon
Started by: XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nargaroth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Force. I recall them especially comparing speed feats and then NewGuy conceding that Aryn is better then he originally thought.

I recall that her speed feats are on par with Anakin's, but I might be wrong. Oh, and the thread I mentioned was done by SWL.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 01:07 PM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Through power-scaling we can put Satele, Zallow and Aryn comfortably above the Jedi who collapsed two buildings on Malgus too, based on his performance against them. None of them should be underestimated.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 01:13 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
And merely dueling him for a while doesn't indicate that Koon is equal to him. He still lost. And anyway, dueling Savage is more of a test of your physical abilities than your skill. I consider Ahsoka more skilled than freaking Savage. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lacking substantial feats, but still considered among the greatest Sith Warriors alive at the time. And Zallow crushed them and was blitzing them. It's an incredibly impressive feat. And Koon isn't above Savage Opress, so I don't know what you're on about there. Zallow doesn't need to be above Savage to be on par with Koon. And Kao was more powerful and likely as skilled as Koon was, and Malgus beat him at his weakest and least skilled point.

I still don't rate that much at all. Besides, wasn't that from before TPM? It's hardly accurate in the CW considering even Savage beat Koon. Not really a true test of skill for someone like Maul.

Well you're really not helping your case when you start claiming that someone from the PT era is above one of the best duelists of TOR because that character is a mid-tier in the PT. How would you define that other than that you consider PT characters more skilled than those of other era's, because they're from the PT era? All you've done is try to justify your bias. But even a justifiable bias is still bias.

1. It indicates a certain level of parity between them. You keep reiterating that "Koon lost" yet failing to make any mention of the fact that it was because of his mask, not a loss in terms of skill. Dueling Savage is most certainly a test of your skill as well, and the notion that Ahsoka is a better duelist than him is pretty preposterous IMO. Savage is a mixture of skill and physical stats, so I tend to tier him based on his overall fighting ability rather than raw skill, and in terms of raw fighting ability Savage, and by proxy Koon, are around Ventress' level, when you consider all of their common encounters with each other.

2. It isn't an "incredible" feat by any means, but it is impressive. It however doesn't put Zallow on Koon's level considering his relatively back and forth fight with Ventress. Ventress actually has impressive dueling feats, like dueling evenly with Kenobi, challenging Anakin frequently, forcing Mace to use "all of his skills" to repel her, and so on, so Koon dueling her with some parity puts him above both Malgus and Zallow.

Saying Kao is "likely" as skilled as Koon is pure conjecture on your part, and you again fail to make mention of context - Kao was fatigued when Malgus poured on his final assault.

3. Disregard it all you want. Yeah, it was from a few months prior to TPM IIRC, in the novel Shadow Hunter. Even then Maul's lightsaber training had been completed so he would be as skilled as he was during TPM. I don't think I need to go over why Koon didn't merely "lose" to Savage again.

4. I'm not saying Plo Koon is above Malgus purely because of what era is he from - I'm comparing their feats. I was saying that Malgus' accolade alone does not put him above Koon, because none of the duelists Malgus would have been presumably better than have Koon's feats. You can keep accusing me of bias but I don't really care, to be honest, I have nothing against TOR era and I've dabbled in more than just PT in my reading.

quote:
I didn't say he'd beat Koon easily in skill, but he would beat him in lightsabers. He beat Zallow who was fast enough to blitz the finest Sith Warriors the Empire had, he matched Aryn who was fast enough to appear in multiple places at once and Malgus himself was fast enough that the world seemed frozen in time at one point. He's stronger than Aryn who was ale to throw him 30 meters with one hand and kicked Adraas hard enough to shoot him across a room and split a marble column in half. And he's much more powerful than Koon is, which adds a significant advantage to a lightsaber duel.

He's just all around better than Koon is in every way.

I think it'd be pretty hard to beat Koon in sabers considering Malgus isn't as good a duelist as Koon.

You've merely repeated Malgus' feats which I'm well aware of. Again, in my opinion the fight goes down depending on how Malgus chooses to fight, if he exercises his power advantage he can win, if he focuses on dueling he's probably going to lose.

I'm willing to agree to disagree with you if you feel like we're at an impasse? Because we're beginning to repeat some of our initial points now.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 01:20 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

You are repeating your points because you are in denial over Malgus's superiority over Koon.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Yeah, I'd probably give Koon the nod over Zallow. The latter is absolutely on his level, though. Likewise, Koon won't be taking Malgus for a majority--especially if this is post-waifu.

Also, Savage's own skills are pretty vastly underrated tbh.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 03:07 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nalaniel

Round 1: Malgus

Round 2: team

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 03:07 PM
Click here to Send Nalaniel a Private Message Find more posts by Nalaniel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Plo freezes him in a creek. /thread

Old Post Oct 28th, 2014 05:36 PM
Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
Merely dueling with Savage isn't impressive. Malgus defeated Ven Zallow in a duel, the same guy who moments earlier was blitzing some of the greatest Sith Warriors in the Empire. And he defeated the Jedi Battlemaster in Keo Cen Darach, who showed extremely impressive skill and force power in the duel. The guy was wielding a double-bladed lightsaber in one hand, he was pretty damn good. And he more than held his own with Aryn Leneer, who was better than both of them.

Zallow has no real feats of skill to compare with Savage fighting evenly with Ventress, killing Adi Gallia, and being a pain to Kenobi/Skywalker. He is literally featless apart from dying to Malgus. Beating no-name fodder characters isn't as impressive as what we've seen from Savage, Malgus at this point is more powerful than Savage and likely as skilled.

quote:
Maul's opinions aren't worth much. This is the same guy who thought he could solo the Jedi Temple. And that definitely IS era bias. PT characters aren't better just because you think the era had stronger duelists. And a mid-tier duelist from that era isn't "a tier or so" above the best duelist of another era just because of that. erm

Source for Maul saying he could solo the Jedi temple? He said Plo Koon would be a challenge for him, and Plo's skill is already attested to the feat of skill he performed by fighting Ventess with one arm. This is a superior feat to anything Malgus displayed at this time.

Plo wins via superior skill first round

And Malgus gets slaughtered the 2nd round

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Oct 29th, 2014 at 01:53 AM

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 01:50 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've missed Carthage for this very reason^

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 02:16 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nargaroth

I'd say Malgus wins round 1 in a good fight.

Darth Vader Respect Thread (Part 3)
--
¦ Other Respect Threads ¦

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 10:59 AM
Click here to Send Nargaroth a Private Message Find more posts by Nargaroth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

If Malgus as of Deceived struggled with Zallow (who is a solid duelist), he is going to gradually lose to Plo Koon who is easily more skilled.

I agree Malgus post-Eleena would take Koon out, but that iteration of Malgus would lose imo

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 11:07 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ILS
I'm willing to agree to disagree with you if you feel like we're at an impasse? Because we're beginning to repeat some of our initial points now.

I forgot to reply but yeah. I'll quickly reply to a few things though.

Originally posted by ILS
1. It indicates a certain level of parity between them. You keep reiterating that "Koon lost" yet failing to make any mention of the fact that it was because of his mask, not a loss in terms of skill. Dueling Savage is most certainly a test of your skill as well, and the notion that Ahsoka is a better duelist than him is pretty preposterous IMO. Savage is a mixture of skill and physical stats, so I tend to tier him based on his overall fighting ability rather than raw skill, and in terms of raw fighting ability Savage, and by proxy Koon, are around Ventress' level, when you consider all of their common encounters with each other.

You can fight someone for a few pages without actually being equal to them. I wouldn't say Adi Gallia is Ventress/Obi-Wan level just because she lasted 2 minutes against Savage. And that Koon lost because of his mask is irrelevant. Why do you think Malgus can't do the same thing?

Ahsoka has more lightsaber skill than Savage. I didn't say she was better than him in a duel.

Originally posted by ILS
2. It isn't an "incredible" feat by any means, but it is impressive. It however doesn't put Zallow on Koon's level considering his relatively back and forth fight with Ventress. Ventress actually has impressive dueling feats, like dueling evenly with Kenobi, challenging Anakin frequently, forcing Mace to use "all of his skills" to repel her, and so on, so Koon dueling her with some parity puts him above both Malgus and Zallow.

I'd say it is an incredible feat, yeah. Blitzing the best Sith Warriors in the Empire would be like blitzing Magnaguards for the PT equivalent (the really good ones, not the shitty ones that even Ahsoka can beat). Even Anakin and Obi-Wan have issues with them sometimes.

IIRC Koon fought Ventress right at the start of the Clone Wars. So she wasn't nearly as good at that point as she was later. Dueling her doesn't indicate superiority to Malgus and Zallow in either case.

Originally posted by ILS
I think it'd be pretty hard to beat Koon in sabers considering Malgus isn't as good a duelist as Koon.

Malgus has superior speed, strength and durability (he can tank multiple lightsaber blows) plus he's considerably more powerful. Even if Koon does have the skill advantage, he's still outmatched and it won't matter.

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 11:33 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

He doesn't have superior speed to Koon?

Old Post Oct 29th, 2014 11:36 AM