KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Marvel Studios Phase 3 announcements

Marvel Studios Phase 3 announcements
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

To repeat my earlier point - Marvel Studios seems to believe Hulk works best in a group dynamic, rather than as a solo character, despite that being his longtime mode in the comics. The monster success of Avengers only seemed to convince Marvel that Hulk is at his best with the other Avengers as contrasting characters in the same story. Besides, the holy trinity of the Avengers is Cap, Thor and Iron Man; Hulk getting another movie in 2008 was about reworking his origin to fit into the new shared universe and wiping away what happened in 2003. If he took off at the box office, maybe things would be different. The fact the film was only a middling success, was certainly offset by Iron Man's unexpected monster success. Minimum goals were accomplished with TIH in 2008. Now Marvel has it's sights set on expanding other important corners of their universe.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 04:08 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

Proof that Loki's staff is the Mind Gem.

Infinity War trailer at Marvel Conference:

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 06:57 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by roughrider
Besides, the holy trinity of the Avengers is Cap, Thor and Iron Man;

That's in the comics. In the movies Hulk's easily on par with them in status.

Originally posted by roughrider
Hulk getting another movie in 2008 was about reworking his origin to fit into the new shared universe and wiping away what happened in 2003. If he took off at the box office, maybe things would be different.

Exactly. Things would have been different if TIH was a bigger box office success.

But seeing as that film followed the stink of the Ang Lee movie, and seen as it was released before Marvel had this Massive brand name it has now, and seen as Hulk is one of the Core 4, and seen as Ruffalo hasn't had his shot yet going solo.... Given all that was just expecting they would have given Hulk another shot.

If their second shot still underperformed (I doubt it would) then I'd completely understand if they didn't make a Hulk solo movie again.

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Proof that Loki's staff is the Mind Gem.

Infinity War trailer at Marvel Conference:

Yeah I heard about that. I remember a lot of people were guessing that, but others were complaining it can't be because it wasn't powerful enough.

Interesting anyway.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 10:45 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Mind-gem staff, ultimates anyone?

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 11:05 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Well reading Feige's comments in this article, I think they will eventually give us a Solo Hulk outing:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...ed-9825814.html

In the meantime I expect he will have a major role in all upcoming Avenger movies, and possibly minor roles in other movies as well.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 01:17 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 01:37 PM
WhiteWitchKing

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Yeah I heard about that. I remember a lot of people were guessing that, but others were complaining it can't be because it wasn't powerful enough.

Interesting anyway.

The movie had some confusing moments like Fury and Selvig saying or alluding to the staff being just a part of the tesseract.

I got confused when Loki was talking to the Other in what seemed like a dream state or memory when the two had a conference while Loki was sitting in his base in Germany. Eventually, now I think it was some sort of conference on the astral plane using the mind gem since it did glow during that scene.

Old Post Oct 30th, 2014 06:43 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

A quick poster I made this week after all those movies were announced.

EDIT-Sorry. It didn't upload.

Last edited by Femi32 on Nov 1st, 2014 at 06:52 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 06:47 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Al Pacino Confirms That He's Met With Kevin Feige; Teases Upcoming MARVEL Role

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=112124

Old Post Dec 9th, 2014 05:55 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by Kazenji
Al Pacino Confirms That He's Met With Kevin Feige; Teases Upcoming MARVEL Role

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=112124

Orlando Bloom wants "IN" on a Marvel movie as well...

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=112118

Old Post Dec 10th, 2014 07:46 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 05:27 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by SpaceMonkey
Holy crap! Can it be true?

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=112646

If it is.. well hot damn.. I'll all in

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 05:35 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Meh. if sony is involved in any way , it makes me less hopeful this will end well.

IMO- the MCU is doing fine and will continue to do fine without spidey.

and I like spiderman.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 07:27 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Of course MCU 's doing fine without Spider-Man. That doesn't mean we don't want Spider-Man to be part of it. I would lose my mind if this happened.

But it won't. They tried coming to a deal but the logistics of it were not working for either party. And if Spidey had a part in CA3 I'm sure we'd know by now.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 11:41 AM
WhiteWitchKing

Forget this, they don't need this deal. Sony is in deep trouble at this point. I don't wish this crisis on Sony, but this studio is about to go through some hard financial times. Marvel should hold their ground to remove Andrew Garfield, reboot Spiderman in their vision, and remove Avi Arad complete from the franchise.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 04:31 PM
Darth Thor

True, with Marvel being as Huge as it is right now, and Sony being in the bad state it's in, Marvel should be calling all the shots. And I'm sure Marvel will say "Our way or the high way."

Marvel don't need Sony at all. But they're still good enough to even consider a deal simply because they know fans would love Spider-Man being part of the MCU.

But on the other hand who knows maybe a few years from now Sony will save itself from its financial mess. In which case if Marvel ever want Spider-Man back, nows the time to strike Imho. But I'm sure the Marvel execs know what they're doing.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 05:07 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

This Sony leak and current cancellation of the Interview are going to be CRUCIAL elements in the potential of Sony playing ball with Marvel. Apparently Sony execs have invited Kevin Feige to the Spidey summit in January. Stay tuned!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2014 07:28 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Kristen Stewart want to be part of the Captain America movies

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansi.../news/?a=113798

someone put up Red Skull's daughter in the comments.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2015 08:09 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KCJ506

Eh pretty much every actor/actress says that they would be willing to play in a Marvel film. It's not a big deal.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 05:52 AM
KCJ506 is currently offline Click here to Send KCJ506 a Private Message Find more posts by KCJ506 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well its a good sign for the genre compared to how it was looked at years ago.

Old Post Jan 20th, 2015 05:54 AM