KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avengers: Infinity War

Avengers: Infinity War
Started by: Inhuman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (119): « First ... « 41 42 [43] 44 45 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The point is you have already admitted that you will be insufferable when this film comes out.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 04:05 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by playa1258
The point is you have already admitted that you will be insufferable when this film comes out.
That is due to the Thanos envy already out there. I'm going to destroy all Thanos detractors. Count on it.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 12:19 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Brolin is going to kill it as Thanos.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 05:41 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I told you that you had Thanos envy. Confirmed.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 05:50 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Don't think so.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 05:54 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Don't think so.
Yes, you know you are upset the Russos are superior directors than the shit show Snyder and Whedon probably put together to be the shortest DC film to date. Poor DC fans. Just cram all the new characters into the film because they got YouTube video intros in Batman v. Superman.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 05:59 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

That was a good casting call. Idris Elba, Michael Ironside and Ed Harris would have been good too, but I'm very happy with Brolin.

Hoping DC at least casts Darkseid properly. Ironside has already played the role (voice), so he would be good. Jeff Bridges too.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:17 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
That was a good casting call. Idris Elba, Michael Ironside and Ed Harris would have been good too, but I'm very happy with Brolin.

Hoping DC at least casts Darkseid properly. Ironside has already played the role (voice), so he would be good. Jeff Bridges too.
Do you really have faith in DC to pull Darkseid off in any comparable way to Thanos on the big screen. What's your gut tell you.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:19 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by quanchi112
Do you really have faith in DC to pull Darkseid off in any comparable way to Thanos on the big screen. What's your gut tell you.

From what I've seen so far, my faith in DC pulling off a good Darkseid is very low, which is a shame as Darkseid is a vastly superior and much more layered villain than Thanos. It's really a great loss to anyone who is a true comic-film fan.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Yes they can. WB/DC has strong casting already.

Jeff Bridges would be a great choice.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:24 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Actually, you're mostly right, Superman, Batman an Wonder Woman are all well cast. Harley was good too. Deadshot decent. I do have strong doubts on Aqua, Flash and Cyborg though.

So I guess my main lack of faith is more in writing Darkseid properly and delivery, as they've floundered there.

Bridges would be, imo.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:29 PM
quanchi112
Disney

From what I've seen so far, my faith in DC pulling off a good Darkseid is very low, which is a shame as Darkseid is a vastly superior and much more layered villain than Thanos. It's really a great loss to anyone who is a true comic-film fan.
Your opinion is that Darkseid is a better villain which is silly since he's always been the same character with the same motivations since his inception. Thanos has evolved as a character and experienced real growth unlike Darkseid. No, it's a loss for the studio who stands to make a profit.

I've always favored Marvel comics since they have IMO greater characters, stories, and people making these decisions for the direction of the cinematic universe as well.

Just the trailer of justice league should make a man cringe when flash executes his pitiful punchlines.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:30 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Aquaman will be good IMO, same with Flash. Agree about Cyborg.

I know everyone hates EisenLex but with a better written part I think he would deliver.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:31 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Look at the body of their work and quit being a blind fanboy for five seconds.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:31 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I know everyone hates EisenLex but with a better written part I think he would deliver.
Aquaman could be but the cyborg looks bland and the flash looks abysmal. Lex wasn't as bad as I initially thought but he didn't bring anything positive either.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Your opinion is that Darkseid is a better villain which is silly since he's always been the same character with the same motivations since his inception. Thanos has evolved as a character and experienced real growth unlike Darkseid. No, it's a loss for the studio who stands to make a profit.

I've always favored Marvel comics since they have IMO greater characters, stories, and people making these decisions for the direction of the cinematic universe as well.

Just the trailer of justice league should make a man cringe when flash executes his pitiful punchlines.

Well, you're wrong. But you're allowed to have your preferences. It's a loss for the true comic movie fan who wants to see these characters brought to life properly, regardless if you favor DC or Marvel more.

Okay.

Yeah. Not looking good so far. Hopefully it's a least somewhere between SS and WW and not another BvS.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:35 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Well, you're wrong. But you're allowed to have your preferences. It's a loss for the true comic movie fan who wants to see these characters brought to life properly, regardless if you favor DC or Marvel more.

Okay.

Yeah. Not looking good so far. Hopefully it's a least somewhere between SS and WW and not another BvS.
Well explain why you disagree that Darkseid is deeper. I explained that Thanos has evolved as a comic book character and stated Darkseid has not so articulate why you believe Darkseid is deeper.

It isn't my responsibility for DC to make solid choices and my life doesn't hinge off an inferior company since my youth. I've always been a marvel guy and they are making solid choices while DC second guesses themselves at every turn.

I favor marvel you don't.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:39 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Aqua seems like he's going to be a one-liner hard-ass, which will get old quick, imo. But maybe/hopefully I'm wrong. Flash despite having a decent actor looks/sounds shit. Cyborg looks like crap too.

Eisenberg was an devastatingly poor choice for such a pivotal character like Lex Luthor, whomever made that call after his audition should be fired, imo. Mark Strong would have been perfect in looks and acting ability. If not, I'm sure there several other actors who fit the bill better.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:40 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Reality check, kid.

Ezraflash is easily the worst thing about JL.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:42 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Well explain why you disagree that Darkseid is deeper. I explained that Thanos has evolved as a comic book character and stated Darkseid has not so articulate why you believe Darkseid is deeper.

It isn't my responsibility for DC to make solid choices and my life doesn't hinge off an inferior company since my youth. I've always been a marvel guy and they are making solid choices while DC second guesses themselves at every turn.

I favor marvel you don't.

Darkseid is a superior character, it's my personal preference. Saying "but Thanos has evolved" is just empty lip service.

Okay?

I like both, as they both have great characters and great stories throughout their history. Being one of these *name* is great, *name* sucks!" is silly, imo. Reminds me of that retard member Wrathful Dwarf who thought DC was the best and that Marvel was pure shit.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2017 06:45 PM