KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Avengers: Infinity War

Avengers: Infinity War
Started by: Inhuman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (119): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
WhiteWitchKing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Inhuman
Called it. I wish i could find where i posted a long time ago that Loki will take the place of Mephisto in the MCU in an infinity gauntlet arc.
While it doesn't state this I think this will be the case.

That be awesome. My guess is Thanos brings back Ronan and tortures him the way he tortured Nebula in the IG comics.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 05:22 AM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
That be awesome. My guess is Thanos brings back Ronan and tortures him the way he tortured Nebula in the IG comics.

Also since nebula escaped in GOTG, im sure we will see her again.
Maybe she does play the same role as she did in the comics.....

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 05:43 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218
That's simply not true for lots of people. A majority of moviegoers gave IM3 positive reviews. I even remember some people claiming IM3 was funnier than Avengers a year ago.

Relative to most action/adventure/tech movies that come out, the Iron Man trilogy has been above average to great. IMO, the complaints are incredibly overrated.

Also, IM3 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Spiderman 3

Nah IM3 sucked balls. People just give it a free pass because it's Marvel and because it's RDJ's IM. That doesn't mean they loved it. In fact I've already told you how it undersold on Dvd and Blu-Ray compared to the gigantic box office it brought in.

LOL I'm sure people did think it was "funnier" than Avengers. But comparing it to Avengers in any other way would be stupid.

Yes it was better than SM3. I'll give it that much. But honestly like SM3 I find it torture to watch again. Like SM3 it's a movie that didn't take itself seriously at all. It's better than SM3 but the fact that it's even a comparison says it all.

Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

They rushed production of IM2. They should have built up his alcoholism story better, especially when they had Downey, so we could see his fall before Fury gives him tapes of Howard that would begin his rise. It would have made the arguments with War Machine convincing. That whole Nascar bit was unnecessary, they could have introduced Whiplash in a different way. IM3 was Marvel chickening out on the Mandarin and giving Shane Black too much free reign. Also there was too much over the top forced humor. Thing is Marvel did that One Shot with Kingsley.

Hopefully they've learned that too much humor isn't a good thing and that they should trifle with certain character's origins and should just go all in.

Oh yeah I'll still be the first person there on OW for IM4, just hoping they can find that magic again from IM1.

But tbh I don't see the difficulty in just making a "good" sequel for IM. If it's not as magical as IM1 it should at least be good, and I'm really surprised they've failed to do even that for IM2 and IM3.

I'm sure they won't screw it up again.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 2nd, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 11:56 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Based
A majority doesn't mean much, statistically MoS is on par with both Iron Man sequels. And that's with, imo, a bias boost that the MCU gives out. Now I'd like to think of all three films a success with quite obvious flaws except that only Marvel get the success while Supes gets the shit end of the stick.

If you think the IM sequels have overrated complaints then you pretty much have to acknowledge the same for MoS.

No I don't. Some things work for some people and not others. Even though I hated MoS, I acknowledge there's some people who really liked it. BTW, on most review sites MoS has mixed reviews. IM3, on the other hand, has mostly positive reviews. Most people somewhat enjoyed IM3, the minority that didn't absolutely hate it.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2014 02:54 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

The real problems with with Man of Steel were alot of editing and pacing problems.

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 06:33 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Most review sites give everything Marvel studios a free pass though to be honest.

I mean if WB/DC pulled an IM3 type stunt, the critics would never stop bashing it.

That being said IM2 and IM3 tended to be films that you either didn't like or you liked them. Whilst MOS was a film you either hated it or loved it.

So whilst MOS gets more hate, it also gets more love.

I personally loved it but admit the dialogue was a bit cheesy and needed work. It also needed a bit of pacing or separation in the middle of the non-stop action at the end.

But honestly correcting those problems for me would have taken it from being an Awesome movie to a truly Great movie.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 06:45 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not really. Marvel movies are critiqued at the same standard as all films, hence Thor 2 getting all those average reviews.

IM3 has been pervasively bashed for pulling that switcheroo stunt. It's been a year and internet people are STILL bashing IM3 for "not staying faithful". Sure, the switch was weird and killed dramatic momentum, but the movie was still very well-made. That's the reason a majority of moviegoers look back on IM3 positively, because RDJ's awesomeness, well-written dialogue, cool action scenes and great character chemistry made up for the weak villain/plot.

I've already said everything I need to about MoS...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 07:40 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I wouldn't say the same standards, none of their films have been below the 60's though that could be for a few reasons.

I would be able to see the good in IM3 if it didn't fall apart during the middle. Also the Tony dealing with internal struggles had been done twice before so seeing it again felt kind of repetitive. Then there was the Pepper pandering scene & the non-funny joke of IM's suit falling apart that just kept going. Yet despite all of that, IM3 has high rating from critics.

As for the Infinity War: wonder if Disney/Marvel is going to have Thanos stomp pretty much everyone.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 11:19 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

MoS was terrible.

Never mention that garbage again.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 11:28 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Mindset
MoS was terrible.

Never mention that garbage again.

Better then Thor and Hulk movies laughing

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2014 11:34 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
I wouldn't say the same standards, none of their films have been below the 60's though that could be for a few reasons.

I would be able to see the good in IM3 if it didn't fall apart during the middle. Also the Tony dealing with internal struggles had been done twice before so seeing it again felt kind of repetitive. Then there was the Pepper pandering scene & the non-funny joke of IM's suit falling apart that just kept going. Yet despite all of that, IM3 has high rating from critics.

As for the Infinity War: wonder if Disney/Marvel is going to have Thanos stomp pretty much everyone.

Marvel movies are above 60s because they maintain a certain level of quality.

IM3 still got a relatively high critic score, despite its problems, for all the reasons I just mentioned.

Originally posted by Time Immemorial

Not even

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 12:14 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

MCU Time-line

1000 years BIM (Before Iron Man)
 Jotunheim invades Earth. Odin defeats Laufey and captures the Casket of Ancient Winters.
600 years BIM
 Odin leaves Tesseract on Earth
67 years BIM
 Johann Schmidt invades Norway and steals Tesseract
 Steve Rodgers becomes Project Rebirth’s first and only supersoldier
64 years BIM
 Steve Rodgers defeats Johann Schmidt and is locked in ice
45 years BIM
 Howard Stark works with Anton Vanko on the Arc Reactor
33 years BIM
 Stark Industries unveils the first Arc Reactor
5 years BIM
 Bruce Banner is bombarded with Gamma Radiation
9 months BIM
 Tony Stark is kidnapped by the Ten Rings and builds miniaturized Arc Reactor and Mark I suit
1 day BIM
 Iron Monger battles Iron Man on freeway
0 day
 “I am Iron Man”
.5 day AIM (After Iron Man)
 Nick Fury approaches Stark about Avengers Initiative
3 months AIM
 After a botched mission involving a Hammer Industries prototype General Ross is confronted by Iron Man (Iron Man 2: Public Identity)
6 months AIM
 Banner Hulks out at bottling plant
 Tony is attacked by Whiplash at Monaco
Begin of “Fury’s Big Week”
Day 1
 SHIELD monitors Stark, Banner, and Jane Foster
Night 1
 Stark and Rhodey battle at Malibu house
Day 2
 Thor’s coronation
 Rhodey brings Mark II to Edwards AFB
 Fury gives Howard Stark lock-box to Tony
Night 2
 Tony watches Howard in film reels
 Thor and pals invade Jotunheim
Day 3
 Tony discovers Howard’s hidden element
 Odin saves Thor and pals from Jotunheim and banishes Thor to Earth
 Banner gets to Culver University
 Coulson travels from Malibu to Roswell
Night 3
 Coulson debriefs units at Roswell
 SHIELD cleans up Flushing Meadows, NY
 Tony builds Mark VI and he and War Machine save at EXPO
Day 4
 Banner visits old lab
 Coulson discovers Mjolnir and builds crater base-camp
 Jane rescues Thor from hospital
Night 4
 Banner reunites with Betty
 Blonsky becomes super-soldier
 Thor raids SHIELD camp
Day 5
 Thor battles Destroyer
 Bifrost is destroyed on Asgard
 Banner Hulks out at Culver U
 Fury meets Stark and offers SHIELD consultant job
 SHIELD cleans up New Mexico
Night 5
 SHIELD collects Destroyer
Day 6
 Fury holds massive SHIELD wide meeting to discuss refocusing on extraterrestrial defense
Day 7
 Banner and Betty meet with Samuel Sterns
Night 7
 Banner airdrops into Harlem to take on Abomination
 SHIELD cleans up Harlem and Ross collects Blonsky
End of “Fury’s Big Week”
Before the Avengers
 Banner managers to keep from Hulking out traveling to Calcutta
 Stark begins construction of Arc Reactor powered Stark Tower
 Loki arrives on Earth
 Erik Selvig works on Tesseract Project
 Captain America is discovered in the Arctic
 Sitwell and Coulson call in Stark as a patsy to quell the World Security Counsel’s plans to include Blonsky in the Initiative
Avengers Assemble

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 12:34 AM
Darth Thor

Marvel movies are above 60s because they maintain a certain level of quality.

IM3 still got a relatively high critic score, despite its problems, for all the reasons I just mentioned.

If IM3 and Thor 2 were really that good and MOS really that bad then surely they both would have sold more Dvd and Blu-Ray's. But alas MOS sold better than both, hence your theory not quite working out.

Critics(and many movie fans) clearly do give Marvel a free pass, even when they produce bad stuff. As do you.

Now its a status they've earned the right to through many Great movies. So it is what it is. But no point in denying the automatic bias there is now towards Marvel due to its well earned brand name.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 4th, 2014 at 01:05 AM

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 01:00 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've already debunked that argument. This debate clearly will NEVER end... lets just agree to disagree.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 01:36 AM
Darth Thor

I've already debunked that argument.

Not really.

This debate clearly will NEVER end... lets just agree to disagree.

Yep it's pointless. You'll keep saying IM3 was good, MOS sucked. I'll keep saying MOS was good, IM3 sucked.

It's a never ending circle.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 02:13 PM
Bentley
Seitei

MoS can suck and still sell well. We can do a very long list of shitty movies that got great sales thumb up

Eh, I'd argue that Thor 2 wasn't abysmally bad and Iron Man 3 was watchable. To say they were great or even good is probably exaggeration, comicmovies are rarely great.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 02:45 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quincy
Debaser

Originally posted by Time Immemorial

Dude I'll give it to you for Hulk but it's not at all better than the first Thor flick

Sig by Scribble

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 08:00 PM
Quincy is currently offline Click here to Send Quincy a Private Message Find more posts by Quincy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

imo the only problem with Thor 2 was the human element (jane,darcy and pals). Everything else was pretty good.
If they took away those elements and added more Thor, Asgard, Malakeith backstory etc. It would have been a much better movie.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 08:06 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

imo the only problem with Thor 2 was the human element (jane,darcy and pals). Everything else was pretty good.
If they took away those elements and added more Thor, Asgard, Malakeith backstory etc. It would have been a much better movie.
thumb up

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 08:20 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bentley
MoS can suck and still sell well. We can do a very long list of shitty movies that got great sales thumb up

Yeah but you have to put it in perspective. It sold better than IM3 despite twice as many people watching IM3 in theatres. Superman Returns also did not sell well on DVD, and didn't even draw in much of an audience in theatres. So that's perspective for you.

Besides it's just a more objective measurement than me and Firefly sitting around all day saying IM3 sucked and MOS rocked, NO, MOS sucked and IM3 Rocked.

It was that, plus Malekith wasn't really intimidating/bad ass enough. And the action sequences were nothing special either.

They didn't really put much effort into making that movie come out epic Imo. Not like with Cap2 where the Russo brothers clearly put in every effort to make that an epic sequel.

Hopefully with Thor 3 they're going to go all out.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 5th, 2014 at 11:02 AM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 10:58 AM