KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Panther

Black Panther
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 24 25 [26] 27 28 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

John will probably be in the Green Lantern film if it ever gets made.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2018 09:53 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
[B]Good movie. 7 out of 10. Not great.

It did feel flat at times.

Also, the SJW stuff was not there like some people were bitching about. A dude raised in Oakland by his father who was serious about the oppression and hardships of Sub-Saharan African people living all over the world. He indoctrinated his son and his son lived and saw that oppression on the daily. Of course he will have strong feelings about wanting to do something about the "plight of his people." Nothing SJW about that. Any different than the Avatar stuff? Oppressed Blue People vs. Oppressed Black People?

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Anyway, Warmonger lost the fight. T'Challa spared him when Warmonger was on his back with a blade in his face. T'Challa lost that fight with too much mercy. What happens in that fight if T'Challa was brutal and decisive and immediately cut Warmonger's throat once he had him beaten and on the ground? Much different movie.

The first time seeing his dad got me in the feels since I lost my own father. It was well done.

Some great acting. Some terrible acting. Warmonger's acting was hit or miss. He needed to have more rage and far less "stereotypical hollywood black gangster arrogance" in his introductory throne room speech. It just felt...off and awkward. He does much better with his rage later in the film.

Best line in the film is when he says, "Nah, just bury me in the ocean with my ancestors that jumped from the ships. Because they knew death was better than bondage." Nice.

Very nice in-depth review. I don't agree with everything you said but I still appreciate people making the effort to do this kind of review.

I appreciate it, good sir. It was a solid entry in the MCU canon, and really didn't have too many flaws. The two I mentioned are more nitpicking.

Also, you brought up a good point that [SPOILER - highlight to read]: T'Challa's mercy allowed for Erik to get the upper hand and then beat T'Challa. It was a good move - again, IMO - to have Erik defeat T'Challa to show his skills and physicality, but, yes, there were more factors at play (T'Challa's mercy and scattered mindset going into the fight vs. Erik's single-minded tenacity and brutality) that determined the fight.

EDIT: Fixed the quote.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 12:04 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by playa1258
Black Panther has a chance to be the biggest film of the year at the domestic box office.

Naaah! Infinity War will kick it off!!!

That i can bet.

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 01:23 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

But will Inf War have as many Lexus Placement Product Shots as Panther?

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 01:38 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The composer scored a 4 hour cut of the film

https://screenrant.com/black-panther-directors-cut/

Old Post Feb 26th, 2018 05:29 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Finally watched it. Story and pacing was good. My only complaint was that the choreography was not anywhere as good as civil war/winter soldier w/c I was kinda hoping for. Still, 8/10 for me.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 02:19 PM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Russos and their choreography is top notch. I agree this wasn't even close to Russos films.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 04:02 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Nibedicus
Finally watched it. Story and pacing was good. My only complaint was that the choreography was not anywhere as good as civil war/winter soldier w/c I was kinda hoping for. Still, 8/10 for me.

Yeah! Agree.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 05:22 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by Darth Thor
I bet WB are kicking themselves for not getting on with a John Stewart as GL film

I usually get angry at Warner Brothers' incompetence whenever Marvel comes out with gems like Black Panther, but not this time. Black Panther was more than another entry into the Marvel movie slate simply for featuring an African superhero from an African country with an all-Black cast. We haven't had anything like this with a huge budget before. Black people who weren't into Marvel came decked out in dashikis (as did I) just to see this movie. It became a cultural phenomenon overnight.

WB has a lot of things they should be kicking themselves for, but they don't have a character that could emulate what Black Panther did.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 08:02 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Oh I didnt mean they Should Be Kicking themselves over that. Just that they Will Be.

Sony as well over the Miles Morales option they were considering.

WB got there first with the first big Female superhero film.

Just amuses me now looking at the box office of WW and BP that these studios were afraid to go there for all those years/decades.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 09:03 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I think you guys underestimate the magnetic personality that is, er, Steel? I guess?

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 09:03 PM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Saw BP. I enjoyed it. Not my favorite Marvel film, but not my least favorite either.

Originally posted by Nephthys
I think you guys underestimate the magnetic personality that is, er, Steel? I guess?

Shaq was superb in that movie.

Old Post Mar 4th, 2018 09:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Did enjoy how essentially all their advancement comes from being lucky enough for a meteor to crash in the area they ended up calling home.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 04:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Femi32
I usually get angry at Warner Brothers' incompetence whenever Marvel comes out with gems like Black Panther, but not this time. Black Panther was more than another entry into the Marvel movie slate simply for featuring an African superhero from an African country with an all-Black cast. We haven't had anything like this with a huge budget before. Black people who weren't into Marvel came decked out in dashikis (as did I) just to see this movie. It became a cultural phenomenon overnight.

WB has a lot of things they should be kicking themselves for, but they don't have a character that could emulate what Black Panther did.

You come at the King, you best not miss!

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:36 PM
jaden101 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden101 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Did enjoy how essentially all their advancement comes from being lucky enough for a meteor to crash in the area they ended up calling home.

Which is how it seems to have mirrored in the real world, too:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475043/

Access to strategic resources and a dash of microbial luck is the foundation of that documentary. Robtard highly recommends it. Some content may be erroneous, of course...but I don't think it is far off from reality.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2018 07:59 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

I don't know why everyone is making such a big stink about this movie, it wasn't that good.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 02:11 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
I don't know why everyone is making such a big stink about this movie, it wasn't that good.
Best movie ever made.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 02:22 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Better then the recent Spider-Man movie.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 02:24 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by Kazenji
Better then the recent Spider-Man movie.

I liked Spider-Man better, but I prefer Spidey in general over BP.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 02:56 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I just wasn't a fan of the new Spider-Man movie.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 02:59 AM