KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Panther

Black Panther
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 25 26 [27] 28 29 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindset

It was pretty average.

Vulture was actually a good villain though.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 07:50 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah Keaton saved that film.

But Im sure theyll spruce things up for the sequel.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 09:00 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah Keaton saved that film.

But Im sure theyll spruce things up for the sequel.

o.O

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 02:21 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Why are people praising this movie as the be all and end all?

I mean seriously, where was the love for Blade and Spawn?

Where was the love for Red Tails, 42? Both movies based on actual people, not some useless fairyland that actually allowed their own people to be enslaved.

You know what’s more funny? Wakanda actually had a border being protect by their agents. And if you come close to crossing without permission, you’re killed on site.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 06:00 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

^^^^Somebody butthurt about something...

Originally posted by Mindset
It was pretty average.

Vulture was actually a good villain though.

thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 09:27 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

The social allegories were a bit condescending to me, but I'm not black, so I probably just didn't get it. My biggest issue with the movie was Killmonger, he was, lame AF, and it annoys me that everyone is heralding him as the next Loki. Andy Serkis killed it as Klaue, they should have used him as the main villain, as far as I know, he's a pretty important villain in the BP mythos.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 09:31 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Blade actually began the whole modern day superhero genre.

But it wasnt a big blockbuster, and didnt have an all black cast.

Not to mention it was an R rated film and not really seen as a superhero film by most audiences at the time.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 10:36 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The social allegories were a bit condescending to me, but I'm not black, so I probably just didn't get it. My biggest issue with the movie was Killmonger, he was, lame AF, and it annoys me that everyone is heralding him as the next Loki. Andy Serkis killed it as Klaue, they should have used him as the main villain, as far as I know, he's a pretty important villain in the BP mythos.

Well Killmonger has an actual motivation behind his goal, is instrumental in the development of the protagonist, and has a lasting impact on the world he was in beyond the typical check point that villains fall into. Excluding Loki and Vulture, none of the MCU villains really do that IMO.

Then again performances goes Serkis was without a doubt better. Shame that Klaw doesn't matter a whole lot either.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 10:41 PM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

quote:
Why are people praising this movie as the be all and end all?

I mean seriously, where was the love for Blade and Spawn?

There is still love for Blade as for Spawn that's a dogshit film now

and it hasn't nothing to do with where's the love for those films, Its more to do wit the entertainment journalists being ignorant acting like Black Panther was the first successful comic book black hero adaption.

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 6th, 2018 at 11:58 PM

Old Post Mar 6th, 2018 11:55 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
^^^^Somebody butthurt about something...

thumb up

Love the comeback.

Stay in you’re corner and fap to Black Panther. Everything i site are true.

I don’t even think you know what Red Tails was even about, or Birth Of A Nation.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 12:54 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Kazenji
There is still love for Blade as for Spawn that's a dogshit film now

and it hasn't nothing to do with where's the love for those films, Its more to do wit the entertainment journalists being ignorant acting like Black Panther was the first successful comic book black hero adaption.

BP has a lot more cultural significance and was a far larger success than either of them. Blade was neat, but I don't think it was mainstream in the same way BP is.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 12:59 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by SquallX
Love the comeback.

I don’t even think you know what Red Tails was even about, or Birth Of A Nation.
Comic movies are the biggest movies on the planet right now, of course it's gonna get more attention than Red Tails or Birth of a Nation.

In fact, most historical movies don't get much fanfare except Saving Private Ryan and to a lesser extent Dunkirk.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 01:21 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Comic movies are the biggest movies on the planet right now, of course it's gonna get more attention than Red Tails or Birth of a Nation.

In fact, most historical movies don't get much fanfare except Saving Private Ryan and to a lesser extent Dunkirk.

So you’re saying, Black people are more interested on fictional Black Kings and fictional nation that allowed Blacks to be enslave for 100 of years, then stories talking about the real Blacks that fought to free them from slavery?

****ing hilarious.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 02:33 AM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Love the comeback.

grow up dummy,,,

i know all about red tails and that piece of shit called birth of a nation from that rapist..

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:24 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote:

So you’re saying, Black people are more interested on fictional Black Kings and fictional nation that allowed Blacks to be enslave for 100 of years, then stories talking about the real Blacks that fought to free them from slavery?

****ing hilarious.

TBF, most people are way more interested in fiction, than historical non-fiction.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 04:43 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

****ing hilarious.
Well you gave two terrible examples and most historical movies aren't given that much attention, which is literally what I already said in the post you quoted, unless you want to dispute that point.

White people were more interested for Avengers than Lincoln... crazy, right?

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 06:32 AM
Mindset

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
TBF, most people are way more interested in fiction, than historical non-fiction.
He knows that, he's being obtuse.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 06:33 AM
Darth Thor

White people were more interested for Avengers than Lincoln... crazy, right?

Lol yeah exactly.

What a stupid complaint.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 07:57 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
Which is how it seems to have mirrored in the real world, too:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0475043/

Access to strategic resources and a dash of microbial luck is the foundation of that documentary. Robtard highly recommends it. Some content may be erroneous, of course...but I don't think it is far off from reality.

"Everything special about you came out of a meteor"

Tony Stark IS a mean drunk.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

thumb up

Unless it's a historical event mixed with some fiction. E.G. 300, or Gladiator.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2018 03:22 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote