KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Panther

Black Panther
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 27 28 [29] 30 31 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The movie is too black for Chinese audiences

https://www-screengeek.clclp.me/201...p;clp_vwr_val=1

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 03:33 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Pretty sure everyone expected that.

Edit: Actually, looks like BP is doing well in China.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Last edited by Mindset on Mar 13th, 2018 at 03:47 AM

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 03:44 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Just saw the movie. If BP takes place after Civil War, then shouldn’t Captain America be in wakanda? Or maybe he leaves wakanda before the movie starts? Idk.

Awesome movie though

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 06:48 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Femi32
Black people who weren't into Marvel came decked out in dashikis (as did I) just to see this movie. It became a cultural phenomenon overnight.

Dude, that's cool as hell. Did you get a photo of you in the outfit? I'd love to see it.

Originally posted by SquallX
Why are people praising this movie as the be all and end all?

I mean seriously, where was the love for Blade and Spawn?

Where was the love for Red Tails, 42? Both movies based on actual people, not some useless fairyland that actually allowed their own people to be enslaved.

You know what’s more funny? Wakanda actually had a border being protect by their agents. And if you come close to crossing without permission, you’re killed on site.

I've posted about Blade and Spawn before. Loved the shit out of those movies. People shit on Snipe's Blade but I loved all the films.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 08:26 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Saw this movie again.

Changed my opinion on Killmonger, think he's probably the most interesting and complicated villain in the MCU. Just wish they had given him more screen time, there's like an hour where he's just not there at all, which is unfortunate. Would have liked to have him developed a bit more.

Very solid film, though, with the best side characters yet seen in a Marvel movie.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2018 08:33 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Have to say I really liked the scenes with the waterfall. Nice stuff.

BTW, was I the only one who cringed Marvel threw that "What Are Those?" meme in the movie? Like why lol

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Mar 15th, 2018 at 01:53 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 01:42 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

1.1 billion

Holy ****

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 06:02 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

@Firefly218 Bucky was there.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:07 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by carthage
1.1 billion

Holy ****

Movie got World Wide Release. That means a Few BILLION People had the Option of going to see it. That means it can make a LOT OF MONEY!
Just by shear numbers.

This aint nothing New or Amazing Any More.

We need to stop blowing this out of Proportion now.

Just because a Movie makes money don't make it GOOD!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:14 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by BackFire
Saw this movie again.

Changed my opinion on Killmonger, think he's probably the most interesting and complicated villain in the MCU. Just wish they had given him more screen time, there's like an hour where he's just not there at all, which is unfortunate. Would have liked to have him developed a bit more.

Very solid film, though, with the best side characters yet seen in a Marvel movie.
Killmonger is definitely the most interesting; Zemo could have been up there if they would have given him more screen time.

But yea, Killmonger should have definitely gotten more time. I realize it was a BP movie, but I think it would have made a better story if they were given equal time.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 07:17 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
@Firefly218 Bucky was there.
Yeah that’s true. Cap might’ve been busy going Nomad on some weapons dealers in Namibia or something

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 08:18 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Movie got World Wide Release. That means a Few BILLION People had the Option of going to see it. That means it can make a LOT OF MONEY!
Just by shear numbers.

This aint nothing New or Amazing Any More.

We need to stop blowing this out of Proportion now.

Just because a Movie makes money don't make it GOOD!

Why do you need to be so constantly racist? Take a day off, it must be tiring hating black success these days

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 08:20 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Nemesis X

BTW, was I the only one who cringed Marvel threw that "What Are Those?" meme in the movie? Like why lol

I didn't even find it funny and i didn't even know it was an old meme.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 05:37 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Kazenji
I didn't even find it funny and i didn't even know it was an old meme.
Well you would really only find it funny if you knew it was a meme.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 05:39 AM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Firefly218
Why do you need to be so constantly racist? Take a day off, it must be tiring hating black success these days

I am only racsit against SnowFlakes like you.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 05:47 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Mindset
Well you would really only find it funny if you knew it was a meme.

Either way its a lame meme.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 05:51 AM
Darth Thor

Should beat IM3 as the number 1 solo superhero movie of all time.

But its not reaching any of the Avengers films.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 10:05 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

The real question is if Black Panther unseats (easily) Wonder Woman as the highest grossing superhero origin story of all time?

Or is Black Panther also not a superhero origin story?

Also, this also means top 5 best (soon to be top 6) highest grossing superhero movies will be all MCU (as well as soon as, IW drops in, 8 out of 10 WW highest grossing superhero movies will be MCU). Grats to the MCU.

Last edited by Nibedicus on Mar 17th, 2018 at 08:33 AM

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 08:28 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Old Post Mar 17th, 2018 10:41 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Nibedicus
The real question is if Black Panther unseats (easily) Wonder Woman as the highest grossing superhero origin story of all time?

Or is Black Panther also not a superhero origin story?

It surpassed Wonder Woman some time ago.

But yeah technically its not an origin film, but it is a first Solo film.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 01:17 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote