KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Panther

Black Panther
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 28 29 [30] 31 32 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

It's sorta a origin film, Mainly to do how Wakanda got started.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 01:32 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
It surpassed Wonder Woman some time ago.

But yeah technically its not an origin film, but it is a first Solo film.
In Civil War, Tchalla was not Black Panther though. He had the suit and martial arts but he didn’t get the actual power of Black Panther or become King until his solo film, so it is an origin in a way.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 02:38 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Looked it up. Boxofficemojo apparently considers it an origin film. So I guess BP takes over that slot as highest grossing superhero origin of all time.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/genres...rheroorigin.htm

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 03:28 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Darth Thor
It surpassed Wonder Woman some time ago.

But yeah technically its not an origin film, but it is a first Solo film.
Nah, it's an origin film.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 04:59 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Something I find interesting:
- At the time, The Dark Knight was only the third movie to top 1 billion US dollars at the worldwide box office in 2008 (into 2009 with the pre-Oscar hype re-release in December 2008/January 2009 in Imax). Now, it is number 33 all-time worldwide box office, the lowest-grossing of all the billion-dollar movies.
- Only Black Panther, Rogue One, and The Dark Knight have made MORE at the domestic (North America, but NA meaning USA and Canada and excluding Mexico) box office in their billion-dollar runs. The 30 other billion-dollar grossers made more money at the foreign box office (outside USA and Canada).

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 05:05 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Black Panther hit number 1 again for the 5th week domestically. Will surpass Avengers to become the highest grossing super hero movie in the US in the coming week or two.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 07:31 PM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Nice to see that even Mediocre films can do very well in today's Entertainment World.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 09:10 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by BackFire
Black Panther hit number 1 again for the 5th week domestically. Will surpass Avengers to become the highest grossing super hero movie in the US in the coming week or two.
Domestically yes, internationally though it still falls a little short.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 12:15 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Originally posted by Firefly218

Yeah, I'd wear that as a badge of honor though really. When you have cinematic abortions like the Transformers movies and even the most mediocre Fast and the Furious doing so well overseas, kinda taints the whole worth of those markets as far as I care.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 01:48 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Will beat IM3 worldwide to be the biggest Solo superhero film of all time.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 03:54 PM
Darth Thor is online now! Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

quote:
In Civil War, Tchalla was not Black Panther though. He had the suit and martial arts but he didn’t get the actual power of Black Panther or become King until his solo film, so it is an origin in a way.

T'challa was the Black Panther in CW and he had his powers. The only thing that changed in Black Panther (film) is that he officially became King

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 04:48 PM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by 80sBaby
T'challa was the Black Panther in CW and he had his powers. The only thing that changed in Black Panther (film) is that he officially became King
So he had already drank that ceremonial liquid that gives him Blank Panther powers before Civil War?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:05 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

So he had already drank that ceremonial liquid that gives him Blank Panther powers before Civil War?

Of course.

That's why they had to DEPOWER him when he faced M'Baku at the beginning of the movie, ffs.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:33 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Braniac 5.0
God of War

Did you see that scene where Black Panther, The Winter Soldier and Captain America were all running faster than cars? (Civil War). He had the ceremonial liquid from the beginning.

Although I thought it was another version of The Super Soldier Serum.

Last edited by Braniac 5.0 on Mar 20th, 2018 at 09:44 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:42 PM
Braniac 5.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Braniac 5.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Braniac 5.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
80sBaby
The Kid

Um, have you watched either CW or BP?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:46 PM
80sBaby is currently offline Click here to Send 80sBaby a Private Message Find more posts by 80sBaby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by TethAdamTheRock
Did you see that scene where Black Panther, The Winter Soldier and Captain America were all running faster than cars? (Civil War). He had the ceremonial liquid from the beginning.

Although I thought it was another version of The Super Soldier Serum.

Ceremonial liquid sounds like semen, stop calling it that.

It's Heart Shaped Herb, ffs.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 09:57 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ok ok my bad

Old Post Mar 20th, 2018 10:01 PM
John Murdoch

Originally posted by BackFire
Yeah, I'd wear that as a badge of honor though really. When you have cinematic abortions like the Transformers movies and even the most mediocre Fast and the Furious doing so well overseas, kinda taints the whole worth of those markets as far as I care.

That's what I was kinda-sorta getting at with my earlier post:

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Something I find interesting:
- At the time, The Dark Knight was only the third movie to top 1 billion US dollars at the worldwide box office in 2008 (into 2009 with the pre-Oscar hype re-release in December 2008/January 2009 in Imax). Now, it is number 33 all-time worldwide box office, the lowest-grossing of all the billion-dollar movies.
- Only Black Panther, Rogue One, and The Dark Knight have made MORE at the domestic (North America, but NA meaning USA and Canada and excluding Mexico) box office in their billion-dollar runs. The 30 other billion-dollar grossers made more money at the foreign box office (outside USA and Canada).

Old Post Mar 21st, 2018 10:01 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

I completely forgot how Wakanda was first introduced into the MCU

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 07:36 PM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Klau's scene with Ultron is fantastic

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 07:49 PM