KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Panther

Black Panther
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 32 33 [34] 35 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Estacado
Legendary

DC has some cool animated movies tho...

Bankai.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:43 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Estacado
DC has some cool animated movies tho...

Nobody is denying that.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:45 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

They have some great animated movies. And the justice league and justice league unilimited series are still the great super hero cartoons IMO.

Their success with tv is hit and miss.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:48 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Really looking forward to the new Death Of Superman animated movie.

Bankai.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 01:53 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah, I hope they do it better than the last one. His face looked so damn weird.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 02:08 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

The thing I hated about the latest is that the fight with DD lasted only 9 minutes.

Bankai.

Old Post May 13th, 2018 02:11 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Surtur
Yeah, I hope they do it better than the last one. His face looked so damn weird.

Well there's a trailer for it and it looks better then the previous supes.

Old Post May 14th, 2018 06:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Finally saw this. Not so epic as some say, but pretty good. Not among the top movies for me, but a solid second tier movie of MCU

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post May 15th, 2018 07:23 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Estacado
Really looking forward to the new Death Of Superman animated movie.

Same.

Like that it's in the DC Animated Movie Universe, with JL: War, JL: Throne of Atlantis, JL Vs TT and a few other of the DC animated films. It's supposed to more closely follow the comic this time around compared to the previous Superman: Doomsday film.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post May 15th, 2018 07:47 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Laugh Apparently this guy thinks Black panther is Islamophobic lol

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 04:54 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Merged.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 14th, 2018 07:20 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Whoaa...

Best Picture Nomination!

Edit: 7 Nominations altogether I believe!

Last edited by Darth Thor on Jan 22nd, 2019 at 07:14 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 07:12 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Spectre+
Restricted

Account Restricted

go panther! go panther! go panther! go panther!

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 07:40 PM
The Spectre+ is currently offline Click here to Send The Spectre+ a Private Message Find more posts by The Spectre+ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

It'll win half of the technical nominations, I think. Lose best picture to Green Book.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2019 09:12 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Roma or Favorite for best picture.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 12:00 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Whoaa...

Best Picture Nomination!

Edit: 7 Nominations altogether I believe!

That's pretty amazing. I've said before that I thoroughly enjoyed Black Panther, one of my favorite MCU movies (though to me dang near all of them are at worst enjoyable and at best some of the best comic book movies ever).

However, I discussed with a buddy of mine after the Best Motion Picture - Drama nomination for BP at the Golden Globes that I'm a bit divided on this topic:

- On one hand, I'm really happy for Feige and co. (especially Ryan Coogler, as Creed is one of the best sports dramas I've ever seen and has the incredible one-take boxing match) that they got the first Best Picture for a comic book movie.
- On the other, is Black Panther really that caliber of film that is should be considered an Oscar contender? And I don't mean the typical Academy-baiting stuff of varying actual quality like Brokeback Mountain, Argo, Moonlight, etc.; I mean is it on the same playing field as Forrest Gump, No Country for Old Men, There Will be Blood, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, LA Confidential, The Artist, etc? Heck, there's a laundry list of superhero films that are outright superior to BP that didn't get a Best Picture nomination: The Dark Knight, Logan, A History of Violence, Road to Perdition, The Crow, Sin City, etc. Even in the MCU, Infinity War, Guardians 1 & 2, Winter Soldier, and Thor: Ragnarok are better just off the top of my head.

Anyways, props again to the MCU for breaking new ground. Maybe it will open up people to re-considering the comic book movie sub-genre period.

EDIT: Added Thor 3 to the MCU list above.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 02:43 PM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The Dark Knight was snubbed back in 2009. Not even nominated in a category it should have had a great chance of winning (The Curius Case of Benjamin Button was nominated).

Hey Ragnarok was more enjoyable for me. But how often does the most enjoyable film win best film at the Oscars? Probably just the year LOTR won.

They look at things like how well the movie was made, acting, dialogue, a message behind the film e.t.c. And personally I think BP ticks all those boxes.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 03:06 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

The acting and dialogue in BP were terrible, Imo. Especially the dialogue. I can't help but think this movie was nominated just to placate screeching Twitter activists.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 03:34 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
The acting and dialogue in BP were terrible, Imo. Especially the dialogue. I can't help but think this movie was nominated just to placate screeching Twitter activists.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 04:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

^ Yeah right. You're honestly telling me that Bohemian f.ucking Rhapsody is better than Black Panther?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2019 11:14 PM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote