KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Panther

Black Panther
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
I can't help it if quan follows me around the entire forum responding like a fool to everything I say, mouth

LoL, you've actually watched that.
Well you apparently are in love with Angela Bassett and are supposedly married. I find this very odd.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2016 11:02 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 01:54 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

RTJ reppin' in that trailer.

love the look of Wakanda and all the different tribes.

I'm already hyped.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 02:00 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Long live the king

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 02:10 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SpaceMonkey
Project Mayhem

Looks awesome!

"Put him in a straightjacket, the man's sick!"

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 03:17 AM
SpaceMonkey is currently offline Click here to Send SpaceMonkey a Private Message Find more posts by SpaceMonkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Whoaa that looks Awesome!

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 03:33 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

I've watched 5 times already. i'm freaking stoked

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 04:39 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vansonbee
Isee

I am now a confirm believer that Batman cannot take BP on in cinematic fight or in comics for that matter and I hope Klaw does not disappoint as the MAIN antagonist, but I just don't get rile up as compared to the Joker and Batman relationship with DC. Props to the movie if he comes out looking badass in someway.

Klaw = White Devil, I guess that good enough for black fans out there? big grin

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 07:13 AM
vansonbee is currently offline Click here to Send vansonbee a Private Message Find more posts by vansonbee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote:
Klaw = White Devil, I guess that good enough for black fans out there?

^^^Its obviously good enough for the racist ones.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 10:21 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I kind of wonder when this is set. Not sure how they can think so little of Wakanda after seeing BP run around in a high-tech vibranium suit in CA:CW. They do mention him being king though, so I assume it must be post-CW.

Teaser looks great though.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 10th, 2017 at 10:49 AM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 10:47 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by vansonbee

Klaw = White Devil, I guess that good enough for black fans out there? big grin
invading a country, kidnapping and enslaving it's people and forcing them into slave labor... pretty accurate depiction of white people. big grin

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 04:04 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
I kind of wonder when this is set. Not sure how they can think so little of Wakanda after seeing BP run around in a high-tech vibranium suit in CA:CW. They do mention him being king though, so I assume it must be post-CW.

Teaser looks great though.

it is set after my birthday lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 08:15 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Pretty good teaser
Not worrying about quality, its an MCU movie. Only prayer that it just doesn't get worse.
They better atleast state explicitly that T'challa is superhuman/enhanced in this movie. Would shut up lowballers across message boards.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 08:59 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Pretty good teaser
Not worrying about quality, its an MCU movie. Only prayer that it just doesn't get worse.
They better atleast state explicitly that T'challa is superhuman/enhanced in this movie. Would shut up lowballers across message boards.

The Russos themselves said that ages ago already. Listen from about 03:00 mark onward, but most relevant bits are from 04:05 to 4:30:

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 09:05 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

There is nothing to lowball, he put Bucky on his ass and had him at his mercy twice. He could probably take Cap as well. Even without his suit he survived the explosion that killed Tchaka and falling multiple stories/being punched by Bucky's metal arm.

I hope they make this a trilogy.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 09:08 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

I think he meant that people try and lowball the likes of Winter Soldier, by acting like a regular human can give him as much trouble as T'Challa did.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 09:14 PM
HulkIsHulk

The Russos themselves said that ages ago already. Listen from about 03:00 mark onward, but most relevant bits are from 04:05 to 4:30:

Yes, but an in in-universe statement and proof is undeniable, while director statements are mostly considered secondary evidence.

I think he meant that people try and lowball the likes of Winter Soldier, by acting like a regular human can give him as much trouble as T'Challa did.

Yep. They lowball Cap with that as well.

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Last edited by HulkIsHulk on Jun 10th, 2017 at 09:17 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 09:15 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Yes, but an in in-universe statement and proof is undeniable, while director statements are mostly considered secondary evidence.

There was already proof in CA:CW, with him surviving multi-storey drops, running at comparable speeds to Super Soldiers, sending Bucky flying with a kick, managing to provide similar levels of resistance to Bucky's metal arm as Cap did, taking a metal arm haymaker to the chest in a nearly identical manner to how an unarmoured Cap did during the CA:TWS highway battle, and holding his own against WS after the latter demolished the likes of BW, Agent 13 etc. in the space of a few seconds, and surviving the explosion that killed his dad while only sustaining a small cut to the face (which also seemed to fully heal in a fairly short time frame).

What's more, when a director references the inclusion of a specific scene they added for the actual purposes of showcasing the point in question, and then further goes to state that the same point will be further explored in a future solo film, that's about as clear cut as you can get IMO.

Only a stubborn idiot would think that T'Challa is a regular human after seeing all his CW feats plus the directors confirming it themselves.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 10th, 2017 at 09:27 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 09:22 PM
Darth Thor

^ Exactly yeah. Directors didn't just say it. They pointed the the evidence in the film.

I think BP will soon be rivalling Cap in popularity.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 10:04 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Cap is the second most popular MCU character.

BP would have a hell of a climb.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 10:38 PM
playa1258 is online now! Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote