KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Black Panther

Black Panther
Started by: KingD19

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (35): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Darth Thor
I think BP will soon be rivalling Cap in popularity.
Originally posted by playa1258
Cap is the second most popular MCU character.

BP would have a hell of a climb.
BLACKpantherPOWER!

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by marwash22 on Jun 10th, 2017 at 10:47 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2017 10:45 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I'm really hoping they use the whole Wakanda/'El Dorado' angle to back door in an Atlantean or Latverian easter egg.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 12:08 AM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wakkawakkawakka

I can see it being a possible link to Atlantis but I doubt anyone wants to touch on Latveria right now.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 01:15 AM
wakkawakkawakka is currently offline Click here to Send wakkawakkawakka a Private Message Find more posts by wakkawakkawakka Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by playa1258
Cap is the second most popular MCU character.

BP would have a hell of a climb.

Cap is probably 3rd to Iron Man and Spider-Man.

Just a bold prediction.

Originally posted by marwash22
BLACKpantherPOWER!

(please log in to view the image)

thumb up

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 02:02 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Oh yeah Spider-Man is ahead too.

Brain slipped for a second. Although IM is arguably ahead of Spidey at the moment.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 02:15 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

In popularity based on the MCU, IM, SM, Hulk >Cap. maybe even Rocket and Groot as well.

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 02:32 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
There was already proof in CA:CW, with him surviving multi-storey drops, running at comparable speeds to Super Soldiers, sending Bucky flying with a kick, managing to provide similar levels of resistance to Bucky's metal arm as Cap did, taking a metal arm haymaker to the chest in a nearly identical manner to how an unarmoured Cap did during the CA:TWS highway battle, and holding his own against WS after the latter demolished the likes of BW, Agent 13 etc. in the space of a few seconds, and surviving the explosion that killed his dad while only sustaining a small cut to the face (which also seemed to fully heal in a fairly short time frame).

What's more, when a director references the inclusion of a specific scene they added for the actual purposes of showcasing the point in question, and then further goes to state that the same point will be further explored in a future solo film, that's about as clear cut as you can get IMO.

Only a stubborn idiot would think that T'Challa is a regular human after seeing all his CW feats plus the directors confirming it themselves.

Fanboys can be stubborn idiots. Look at this discussion I found while lurking at Reddit last year. I saved the link for gifs but it suits well here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/whowouldwi...amp;sh=2a7f4425
https://www.reddit.com/r/whowouldwi...amp;sh=2a7f4425

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 11:07 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

As far as popularity I don't think he will ever dwarf Cap (especially amongst the younger generation), but he will be a breath of fresh air for people who are getting fatigued with the series and are overexposed to the Moral Paragon personalities of the main Avengers, Tony and Steve especially.

While Tchalla is no psychopath, he's practical and grounded enough to kill bad guys with little remorse, kind of like Wonder Woman in her movie.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 11th, 2017 11:21 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Another thing I noticed is that there appears to be 2 different Black Panther suits in this trailer. The one in the jungle scene looks like it did in CA:CW, but the one when he jumps from the one car to the other is a bit different.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 12:42 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Yeah, I noticed that too. I wonder if that is possibly a flashback to T'Chaka as Black Panther, or maybe to T'Challa in an old armor before the more ornate armor we saw in Civil War and the jungle scene. Though that armor seems to have energy powers as he released some kind of EMP on that SUV before flipping onto the other car.

>Z<

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 01:52 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Or the jungle is a flashback to a previous Black Panther (those guys had some old school looking radios and such), and T'Challa kept that same suit for Civil War, but then upgraded it after the interaction with the outside world after the events of that film, because the city/cars during that jump/EMP scene seemed pretty modern. Because in both Civil War and this trailer it's implied that Wakanda had very little interaction with the outside world before a bunch of Wakandans got blown up in Lagos. So, I am thinking that the Civil War suit is the earlier suit, and the one that we see later is a post-Civil War upgrade, modified to be more powerful in the face of all the newer threats emerging.

Last edited by TheVaultDweller on Jun 12th, 2017 at 02:08 PM

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:05 PM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

This looks better than I was expecting. Andy Serkis looks pretty boss as Klaw too, maybe we'll finally even get a good MCU villain that isn't Loki.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:22 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I really wished they hadn't wasted Ronan the Accuser like they did in GotG. He had potential but they killed him off in the lamest way possible. Same with Red Skull. I don't think Hugo Weaving would come back to reprise the role at this point.

>Z<

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:30 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

What makes you think Red Skull is dead?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:32 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

I don't think he's dead, the issue is Hugo Weaving being on the record saying he wouldn't reprise the role, and he as an actor having so much potential as the character and it being wasted.

>Z<

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 02:54 PM
Darth Thor

They don't really need Hugo Weaving to play RS.

But FYI he admitted himself that he would be contractually obligated to return if Marvel forced him.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 03:02 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

So they did sign him to a multi film deal?

>Z<

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 03:09 PM
Flyattractor

Seeing as how every Film Company wants to create a "Cinematic Universe" I would bet this is just the norm when signing any movie contract now.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 06:37 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Darth Thor
They don't really need Hugo Weaving to play RS.

But FYI he admitted himself that he would be contractually obligated to return if Marvel forced him.
wut?

Studios can't force actors to do a movie they haven't agreed to be in. If Hugo signed a multi-film deal, it just means that his agreed upon money (and press obligations) is locked in should he appear in more movies... it's like an NBA rookie contract, they only have to pay you what you agreed to in that deal for subsequent movies... it doesn't mean they can make him appear in more movies that weren't discussed at the time.

The contract would also likely keep him from jumping ship and appearing in other non-Marvel superhero movies.

Disney/Marvel can't make him do shit if he only agreed to be in that one movie. The studio could try suing the actor, but that doesn't even work unless the studio has already spent money promoting that the actor will be in a movie, and that doesn't seem to be the case with Hugo.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 07:09 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by MF DELPH
So they did sign him to a multi film deal?

Even if not, they could just reel him in with $$$.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 12th, 2017 07:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote