KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Spider-Man » So is this renew your vows deal going to finally fix Spidey?

So is this renew your vows deal going to finally fix Spidey?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
riv6672

So is this renew your vows deal going to finally fix Spidey?

Or is this some Quesada inspired evil tease?
Folks here are more up on industry goings on than i am...

(please log in to view the image)

For as big a chub as Quesada had to get rid of MJ, nothing but mediocrity came from singleness.
A few half ass, forgettable and "shocking" relationship attempts.

That scan up there would make for great Spidey story telling.
Scale back on world shaking events in his books. He's our friendly NEIGHBORHOOD Spider-man. Seeing him need to curb stomp the Rhino and make it to a school play would be nice.

Any info appreciated.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2014 02:25 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

If it shows Spidey punching Mephisto in the face I can live with that.
But I don't want another retcon or a magical "fix". I like where Spidey is right now, and if they want him to get back with MJ they should write a story where it happens instead of just saying - it happened, deal with it, screw continuity.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 08:26 AM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I can relate to that, but there are some things so bad in entertainment (Highlander sequels, Cop Rock, fat Elvis, Twilight books...), that i just want them to disappear.
One More Day is a blight. A slap in the face of Spider-man fans. IMO. Other fans may disagree, and thats okay. A complete reboot wouldnt bother me at all in this case.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 08:40 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

I agree about OMD, I just feel it'll be (yet another) waste of great stories. Have you followed Spider-man when Slott took over? I must say I love his work, and I was among the fans who considered dropping Spider-man period because of OMD.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 12:35 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I liked the last part of that OMD nonsense, 'One Moment in Time' that was alright.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 12:51 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

No worries.
You guys obviously got/are getting more out of it than i did/do.
I'd be happy to have it all erased. The good stories that came after would still be there to read.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 01:08 PM
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by SamZED
If it shows Spidey punching Mephisto in the face I can live with that.
But I don't want another retcon or a magical "fix". I like where Spidey is right now, and if they want him to get back with MJ they should write a story where it happens instead of just saying - it happened, deal with it, screw continuity.

Pretty much, I see them doing this horribly wrong yet again.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 01:42 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Well, i'd like to disagree but history bears you out.

Here's hoping for the best.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2014 10:03 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by riv6672
No worries.
I'd be happy to have it all erased. The good stories that came after would still be there to read.

erm

i never said i like OMD can't really comment on that bullshit when it happened, 'One Moment in Time' came later.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 04:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Kazenji
erm

i never said i like OMD can't really comment on that bullshit when it happened, 'One Moment in Time' came later.

Well all be, dandy!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 04:34 AM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Good deal.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 04:35 AM
SamZED

Originally posted by riv6672
No worries.
They will be there but will no longer be in continuity, basically the same deal as with OMD. I hated OMD and I know I will hate this because IMO it's just lazy writing (assuming they choose to erase all of Slott's stories that is). Besides, if I wanted to read non-canon stories I would've picked Marvel Adventures instead of reading stuff that will "no longer count" in 6 months. I think that's yet another "FU" to the fans. Not as big as OMD was but still an "FU".

Originally posted by Bentley
Pretty much, I see them doing this horribly wrong yet again.
Yep. I don't mind changes as long as writers actually put an effort into writing the story. Quesada just went "Abra Kadabra!" and was done with it.

Last edited by SamZED on Nov 5th, 2014 at 12:46 PM

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 12:44 PM
riv6672

I'd rather live with stories becoming non canon than with a story where Peter makes a deal with the devil and trades his wife for his aunt, completely disregarding everything that aunt had taught him in the process.
-shrug-

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 01:26 PM
SamZED

That's not exactly what happened. I'm not excusing the BS that is OMD but you say it like Pete tossed MJ into hell's pit in order to help May stick out tongue Basically he allowed Mephisto to cancel their marriage certificate.. and in order to save a life. Everything else remained canon. And MJ is the one who insisted on it because she couldn't live with the guilt and because she believed that even that won't separate them for long. And it looks like she was right. If Marvel finally decided to fix it without retconing all of the latest stories.. Slott is absolutely the man for the job.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 02:27 PM
riv6672

Here's hoping.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 06:33 PM
SamZED

Same here. Sorry for the long rant btw.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 07:00 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Slott has done many things right for Spidey, I really hope they are taking his experience into consideration when writing something that will possibly screw his excellent run on the book.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Nov 5th, 2014 07:20 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I hope Slott comes back to do the Avengers book, When Hickman has finished up his shenanigans.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 06:31 AM
riv6672

I wish Hickman would never shenan again, but thats a whole other topic...

Old Post Nov 6th, 2014 08:06 AM