KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Phase 4 - Bottom of the Barrell

Phase 4 - Bottom of the Barrell
Started by: WhiteWitchKing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JayDaDon
U know, part of me actually wonders what the odds are we'll see Sentry in the MCU.

Marvels top MCU boss, (Kevin Feige) confirmed at an event that this Captain Marvel movie would revolve around Carol Danvers. He described her as “earthbound and cosmic,” and “one of if not the most powerful character in the MCU.”

The announcement makes Captain Marvel the first female hero in the Marvel Cinematic Universe to get a standalone movie. Although Feige and others at Marvel have fielded many questions about a female superhero, they’ve remained stubbornly vague about their specific plans until now. It’s great to see them finally make good on their promises.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 06:28 AM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by Supermex
Marvels top MCU boss, (Kevin Feige) confirmed at an event that this Captain Marvel movie would revolve around Carol Danvers. He described her as “earthbound and cosmic,” and “one of if not the most powerful character in the MCU.”
That sounds ****ing amazing.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 06:53 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

What sounds amazing about that? Being the most powerful has never really been what Carol Danvers was about

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 07:33 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

What sounds amazing about that? Being the most powerful has never really been what Carol Danvers was about

True, but things do change.
Marvel is going thru changes and maybe this is part of the agenda. Not everyone will be happy. Instead of a male superman, marvel will have a female caped superhero in that kind of role, which will bring all kinds of different issues to the character in story building and movie making.

Again that's if Marvel sticks to those plans.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2015 10:39 PM
Supermex is currently offline Click here to Send Supermex a Private Message Find more posts by Supermex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

• Captain Marvel
  • Runaways or Young Avengers
  • Nova Prime

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 03:27 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Power scaling = character concept? wut

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 03:40 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Power scaling = character concept? wut

Meaning?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2015 04:45 PM
Tzeentch
#gottem

What?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 01:09 AM
ares834

So? It's not what Thor is about either. So what's the big deal if they make Ms. Marvel more powerful? Do you just want other characters to be stronger?

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 02:04 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Supermex
Meaning?

He's speaking in tongues, Good luck getting a proper answer.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2015 05:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

They have held back on both Thor's full power potential and the Hulk's to some degree, because they needed to sell the Avengers team concept and why two such powerful heroes would need or want to be part of it. I would prefer they not make Carol Danvers the Superman of the MCU, but rather a peer to Thor.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 02:03 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

Originally posted by roughrider
They have held back on both Thor's full power potential and the Hulk's to some degree, because they needed to sell the Avengers team concept and why two such powerful heroes would need or want to be part of it. I would prefer they not make Carol Danvers the Superman of the MCU, but rather a peer to Thor.

I think she will be more a peer to Thor and not more powerful, but a peer.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 06:32 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

How does her power level in relation to the rest of the cast matter whatsoever beyond "that's not true to the comics!"

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 08:49 AM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider

Agree with this.

On one hand I think it would be a nice change to have a Woman being the Most Powerful Hero. On the other I don't mind her kicking Thor or Hulk round a bit, but make it clear that she's not actually above them (at least not above Thor).

Last edited by Darth Thor on Feb 10th, 2015 at 11:25 AM

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 11:22 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

To see her knock around an established comic powerhouse like the Hulk would make me throw up in the theatre.

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 03:38 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

To see her knock around an established comic powerhouse like the Hulk would make me throw up in the theatre.

laughing out loud

Old Post Feb 10th, 2015 04:10 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermex
NIGHT NIGHT MITCH'S!!

If they make her a peer of Thor and Hulk then it might show on comics first maybe during this summers event or right after. Marvel is going to change during secret wars.

We shall see.

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 04:24 AM
Darth Thor

They did have her overpowering Hulk once in the EMH Cartoon. And Hawkeye made some comment about her being as Powerful as Thor or something. But as the series went on they clearly showed Thor was the most powerful. The most Powerful Avenger will always be Thor in the end!

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 10:49 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Sounds like it's time for a change. thumb up

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 07:53 PM
BruhMan
World Champion

Then screw her, make Spider-Man the most powerful smile

Old Post Feb 11th, 2015 10:40 PM