KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Phase 4 - Bottom of the Barrell

Phase 4 - Bottom of the Barrell
Started by: WhiteWitchKing

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tzeentch
#gottem

On the condition that Spiderman's a chick. thumb up

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 10:37 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
Icey Dead People

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tzeentch
Sounds like it's time for a change. thumb up

The only change spiderman ever needed is changing the studio from sony to marvel.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 10:51 PM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Inhuman
The only change spiderman ever needed is changing the studio from sony to marvel.

Honestly Marvel's slate is so full they wouldn't have time to do a Spider-Man solo movie right now.

So with the deal we have Marvel use him when and as they like in the movies they are already making, and consult another studio making his solo films. And this without Marvel paying a dollar. So it's really a win-win scenario Imo.

The only real risk is if this deal/arrangement breaks down in a couple of years. That would be a mess.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2015 11:42 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
Icey Dead People

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Honestly Marvel's slate is so full they wouldn't have time to do a Spider-Man solo movie right now.

So with the deal we have Marvel use him when and as they like in the movies they are already making, and consult another studio making his solo films. And this without Marvel paying a dollar. So it's really a win-win scenario Imo.

The only real risk is if this deal/arrangement breaks down in a couple of years. That would be a mess.

I know. my response was more towards the people wanting spidey to be a girl or Miles Morales nonsense smile

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 12:41 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Did you see what happened once they got access to Spidey? Exactly what I always said would happen, they moved heaven and Earth to make room for him. I have no doubt Marvel would do the same if they could make solo Spidey films.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 03:39 AM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

On the condition that Spiderman's a chick. thumb up

So that's all it's about, who cares about character right? Smh

Last edited by JayDaDon on Feb 13th, 2015 at 03:43 AM

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 03:40 AM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Did you see what happened once they got access to Spidey? Exactly what I always said would happen, they moved heaven and Earth to make room for him. I have no doubt Marvel would do the same if they could make solo Spidey films.

Exactly, so it wouldn't be a good thing if Marvel actually re-aquired Spider-Man's full movie rights at this point. They have a lot of other projects to get out there. And hey Spidey's just 1 character (the most Iconic 1 bit still just 1), so imagine the mess if they got back the rights for X-Men?!

So the way they have arranged this deal is the best way for Marvel movie fans right now. Just look at it like Marvel's subcontracting the Spider-Man solo movies to another studio because they don't have the time to deal that with their busy schedule stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 08:25 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Hero Class

I hope Warner decides to share the rights of Superman with Marvel, now that would be messed up.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 11:23 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Bentley
I hope Warner decides to share the rights of Superman with Marvel, now that would be messed up.

Hey if BvS f***s up then you never know. They might be begging to put Batman and Superman in the MCU!

What have you started Sony stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 11:40 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Originally posted by JayDaDon
So that's all it's about, who cares about character right? Smh
You've yet to explain how Ms. Marvel being the strongest member of the cast actually effects her character in any way beyond it not jiving with the comics.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 07:07 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

You've yet to explain how Ms. Marvel being the strongest member of the cast actually effects her character in any way beyond it not jiving with the comics.
You should probably do that yourself, considering you said it was "amazing", lol.

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 07:35 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

It doesn't affect her character at all lol

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 08:52 PM
Darth Thor

But it affects our pride as Men.

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 11:30 PM
NemeBro
Savior of KMC

Then what were you calling "amazing"?

"I GOTTA FIND OUT WHO KILLED MY DAD"

Old Post Feb 13th, 2015 11:50 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

You.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 12:18 AM
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Exactly my point. Why would it be so amazing if it doesn't effect her character?

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 02:16 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

Because it'd be an opportunity to give a minority character a center spotlight in a setting dominated by generic white males (tm).

The four minority characters in the series of any note are all supporting characters (Fury, BW, Falcon, Gamorrah). Even if someone like T'challa made it into the MCU, he'd still ultimately be overshadowed by the stronger characters. Having a minority who can hang with the likes of Thor and Hulk would be a refreshing change of pace.

Meanwhile, still waiting for an explanation on what/who exactly would be harmed by Ms. Marvel being the strongest character in the series. If Thor ended up being the strongest Avenger, would anyone give a shit?

Last edited by Tzeentch on Feb 14th, 2015 at 03:38 AM

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 03:25 AM
ares834
Grand Moff

But it affects our pride as Men.

thumb up

A women more powerful than all the men? Sorry, but that's way too unbelievable and unrealistic.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 03:29 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

thumb up Tell that to the Covenant.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 03:39 AM
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

I don't think it would be all that world changing or eye opening. Were already getting a very powerful superheroine coming around the corner in Wonder Woman.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2015 04:19 AM