KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs. Maul bros.

Darth Bane vs. Maul bros.
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

And again there is no evidence Bane increased in skill between POD and DOE. Zannah remarks his style had developed, but that means nothing due to he fact he hadnt beaten anyone to show that he had become a better swordsman wijiut a nexus or orbalisks

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 01:53 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Calling them wild swings is just your interpretation, though, and they obviously get the job done regardless.

Even better, and him killing her with TK/horns doesn't negate the fact he dueled evenly with her leading up to that.

I know. I haven't stated that Savage is a shitty fighter or anything, he's competed with enough respectable duelists to establish the opposite of that. All I'm saying is that he likely has a minimal grasp of lightsaber forms and techniques.

Sure, but not necessarily due to his skill. Savage is a massive, sorcery-empowered monster. That is what makes him a good fighter, not his skill with a blade.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 01:54 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by Nephthys
I know. I haven't stated that Savage is a shitty fighter or anything, he's competed with enough respectable duelists to establish the opposite of that. All I'm saying is that he likely has a minimal grasp of lightsaber forms and techniques.

Sure, but not necessarily due to his skill. Savage is a massive, sorcery-empowered monster. That is what makes him a good fighter, not his skill with a blade.

You havent even established that Bane is a skilled duelist himself. You keep harping on what you presume is his "minimal grasp",yet you have posted nothing other than presumptions regarding Bane's own knowledge of form. In spite of Savage's lack of "refinement", his showings against Ventress and Plo are superior showings to Banes lackthereof.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 01:58 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's actually used some pretty advanced saber techniques.
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 01:59 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Neph keeps myopically focusing on Savage in spite of the fact Maul is fighting too

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:01 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ILS
He's actually used some pretty advanced saber techniques.
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Or he just cut off someone's hand. You don't need a high level of lightsaber skill to do that against an outclassed opponent.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:02 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Lol at Savage being one-shot with lightning. Last time Opress got electrocuted, he started Force choking and throwing main characters right and left.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:06 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Bane's lightning outclasses Dooku's.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:08 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Or he just cut off someone's hand. You don't need a high level of lightsaber skill to do that against an outclassed opponent.
Sourcebook disagrees bro :/

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:09 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Originally posted by ILS
Sourcebook disagrees bro :/

To be honest I don't know what author of that book was smoking. Attacking wrist is the most easy and obvious target as unlike other body parts it is most often in range of attack. During friendly shinai sparrings my fingers and hands were getting hurt the most.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:13 AM
Click here to Send Arhael a Private Message Find more posts by Arhael Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It's said it's considered a mark of a master, not that it's required. Luke sure wasn't using skill when he cut off Vader's hand.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:13 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Isn't a viable comparison. Savage wasn't in a Force-amped condition facing an opponent who was already beaten down. He simply showed knowledge of a masterful lightsaber technique by removing Tatsu's sword hand. Not too much more to it than that really.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:15 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

I didn't compare it, I brought it up for how you don't need l33t skillz to hack off a ducking hand. I could freaking do that.

Cutting off someones hand isn't necessarily a masterful lightsaber technique. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Savage simply sliced off the nearest part of an opponent he obviously outclassed in speed and power.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:19 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I could freaking do that.

Cutting off someones hand isn't necessarily a masterful lightsaber technique. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Savage simply sliced off the nearest part of an opponent he obviously outclassed in speed and power.
Scans or it didn't happen.

Your claim was that Savage's training in lightsaber techniques is minimal. I've provided you a description of a fairly advanced lightsaber technique, and Savage carrying it out. He could of cut Tatsu in half if he was just a brute - instead he cuts off his sword hand, specifically. Nothing random about it. Speed and power have nothing to do with it, just skill and precision. This isn't difficult, Neph.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:25 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by ILS
Scans or it didn't happen.

Your claim was that Savage's training in lightsaber techniques is minimal. I've provided you a description of a fairly advanced lightsaber technique, and Savage carrying it out. He could of cut Tatsu in half if he was just a brute - instead he cuts off his sword hand, specifically. Nothing random about it. Speed and power have nothing to do with it, just skill and precision. This isn't difficult, Neph.

I've fenced before and I can back up Arhael that hands get hit a lot. I've also fought with sticks and hands and wrists were the best things to go for.

Cutting off a hand isn't a specific lightsaber technique though. Cho mai is a mark of contact, not a lightsaber technique. It's simply a description of something you use lightsaber techniques (or not) to achieve. So I guess it's a harder concept to grasp than you thought.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:34 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've fenced before and I can back up Arhael that hands get hit a lot. I've also fought with sticks and hands and wrists were the best things to go for.

Cutting off a hand isn't a specific lightsaber technique though. Cho mai is a mark of contact, not a lightsaber technique. It's simply a description of something you use lightsaber techniques (or not) to achieve. So I guess it's a harder concept to grasp than you thought.
That's nice, I guess. Ever been in a lightsaber duel?

No, but targeting that area in a lightsaber duel evidently requires precision. Even says so above. Fencing isn't the same as lightsaber dueling, as well, so what may be common in fencing might be more difficult in a lightsaber duel. There's a lot more prodding involved, right? Makes sense that your hand would get jabbed a lot. Lightsaber duels are different, especially Savage's fighting style which involves broad strokes.

And if that isn't enough for you him picking up a Saberstaff after absolutely minimal training should be.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:40 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Lightsaber combat actually leaves the hands far more exposed than fencing does, since they don't have handguards and involve a lot of slashes, spins and shit instead of pokes.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:47 AM
Arhael
Devoid of reality

Seriously stop. Cutting hand is not a technique. Technique is what exposes opponent's defense and creates an opening. Comic does not reveal what technique he used to slice the hand off. It does not reveal, if he planned it. It does not reveal, if he actually tried to use any precision. Hacking away hands does not automatically becomes a technique of great precision. Otherwise we should elevate Luke to be a superior lightsaber master for "skillfully" hacking off Vader's hand.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 02:57 AM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Regardless of anything, using your own personal experience of fencing to debunk a Star Wars sourcebook is about as fallacious as an argument can get, and you can appeal to ignorance all you want about how we didn't get an in-depth f*cking review on the mechanics of Savage cutting off Tatsu's hand, but really, to anyone with eyes it's clear that Savage just showed a good level of skill in cutting off Tatsu's hand, nothing more nothing less.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 03:17 AM
Raptor22

The logic being used in this thread is quite poor.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:27 AM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote