KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Bane vs. Maul bros.

Darth Bane vs. Maul bros.
Started by: The Merchant

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 4 5 [6]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Bane doesn't even need his lightsaber. He wins via force powers

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 12:13 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by ILS
Of course Grievous measured up to them, he measured up to Mace himself for a kick off, defeated Ventress, has plentiful accolades which would denote him qualifying as "some of the best swordsmen ever", ect. Grievous has challenged Dooku legitimately in sparring matches in the past, and that's with Dooku having the advantage of being his trainer and controlling what he is allowed to learn. The comparison is absolutely valid, therefore Dooku's subjective commentary on his apprentices means jack in comparison to the results they achieve.
he came out on the losing end both times he faced mace, got bfr'd almost the instant mace decided he didnt want a prolonged fight, and got his hands cut off and killed by kenobi. It seems like Dooku's hopless thought was pretty spot on in that regard. heck his next thought is that grievous fights with too much hate instead of dispassion which was his exact mistake against mace. He knew he should have side steped the hole he cut but his desire to kill drove him into it. -

"Grievous-onetime courageous commander of sentient troops-realized what mace had done and wanted to sidestep, where general grievous-current commander of droids and other war machines-wanted nothing more than to impale mace with lunging thrusts of the paired blade."
"Slipping into the gap made by maces saber, grievous' s left talon lost magnetic purchase on the roof, and the general faltered."

Another pretty spot on judgement of one of his apprentices wouldnt u say?

U also missed the context of it being part of his inner monologue where hed been describing his distaste for grievious in other aspects such as collecting defeated jedi sabers, using 4 blades, and lack of elegance and gallantry.

These next quotes better reflect dooku's feelings on grievous' s skill.

"Grievous was a force to be reckoned with, to be sure,"

"Grievous was fast, and so were his ig 100-series sparring partners"

"Dooku had taught grievous well, and grievous had taught his elite well."

To think thats comparable to the scene with savage, where there's no context but dooku training him in sabers and calling his technique sloppy is laughable.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 12:38 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
he came out on the losing end both times he faced mace
Yeah, the first time he was crushed by telekinesis, and the other time he had his foot stuck to the floor, and Mace proceeded to cut the floor beneath said foot. What does this have to do with lightsaber skill exactly?
quote:
got bfr'd almost the instant mace decided he didnt want a prolonged fight
Oh please, if Mace was as superior as you're failing to prove, he would have ended the fight by merit of skill, not by exploiting an environmental disadvantage.
quote:
and got his hands cut off and killed by kenobi
Not only has Grievous gotten the better on Kenobi on a couple of occasions other than the one in ROTS, but Kenobi has a Form advantage against Grievous - which is backed up by both Mace telling Kenobi this, and Mace doing worse against Grievous than Kenobi despite being a better duelist than Kenobi. And you're accusing me of taking shit out of context.
quote:
It seems like Dooku's hopless thought was pretty spot on in that regard. heck his next thought is that grievous fights with too much hate instead of dispassion which was his exact mistake against mace. He knew he should have side steped the hole he cut but his desire to kill drove him into it. -
Not really. And yes, Grievous does tend to zone in entirely on his opponent when fighting him. However, this has only ever hindered him while he was already at a disadvantage... you know, having his feet magnetized to the ground? If his feet weren't magnetized to the ground, Mace would have nothing environmental to exploit against Grievous.
quote:
Another pretty spot on judgement of one of his apprentices wouldnt u say?
No, not really, because if Grievous really was hopeless he wouldn't be doing shit like stalemating Windu while his feet were stuck to the floor, defeating Ventress, fighting evenly with Kenobi despite a Form disadvantage, ect.
quote:
U also missed the context of it being part of his inner monologue where hed been describing his distaste for grievious in other aspects such as collecting defeated jedi sabers, using 4 blades, and lack of elegance and gallantry.

These next quotes better reflect dooku's feelings on grievous' s skill.

"Grievous was a force to be reckoned with, to be sure,"

"Grievous was fast, and so were his ig 100-series sparring partners"

"Dooku had taught grievous well, and grievous had taught his elite well."

To think thats comparable to the scene with savage, where there's no context but dooku training him in sabers and calling his technique sloppy is laughable.
Dooku's feelings on Grievous' skill level are irrelevant in comparison to Grievous' feats, which include challenging Dooku himself.

Of course it's comparable, because if Savage really was as shit as Dooku proclaimed him to be he wouldn't have the feats he has. Dooku is highly critical anyway, so what he deems hopeless can be incredible from someone elses view.

Btw, you forgot to rebut everything I said on the page before like you said you would. Am I to take that as a concession?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 12:53 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by ILS
Yeah, the first time he was crushed by telekinesis, and the other time he had his foot stuck to the floor, and Mace proceeded to cut the floor beneath said foot. What does this have to do with lightsaber skill exactly?
Oh please, if Mace was as superior as you're failing to prove, he would have ended the fight by merit of skill, not by exploiting an environmental disadvantage.
Not only has Grievous gotten the better on Kenobi on a couple of occasions other than the one in ROTS, but Kenobi has a Form advantage against Grievous - which is backed up by both Mace telling Kenobi this, and Mace doing worse against Grievous than Kenobi despite being a better duelist than Kenobi. And you're accusing me of taking shit out of context.
Not really. And yes, Grievous does tend to zone in entirely on his opponent when fighting him. However, this has only ever hindered him while he was already at a disadvantage... you know, having his feet magnetized to the ground? If his feet weren't magnetized to the ground, Mace would have nothing environmental to exploit against Grievous.
No, not really, because if Grievous really was hopeless he wouldn't be doing shit like stalemating Windu while his feet were stuck to the floor, defeating Ventress, fighting evenly with Kenobi despite a Form disadvantage, ect.
Dooku's feelings on Grievous' skill level are irrelevant in comparison to Grievous' feats, which include challenging Dooku himself.

Of course it's comparable, because if Savage really was as shit as Dooku proclaimed him to be he wouldn't have the feats he has. Dooku is highly critical anyway, so what he deems hopeless can be incredible from someone elses view.

Btw, you forgot to rebut everything I said on the page before like you said you would. Am I to take that as a concession?
this is just for the last part. I intend to respond to those but i do almost all of my posting from my phone and i takes long as hell. Id like to respond to all the points u made at once but i need a chunk of time to do it. The post u just responded to took me almost an hour. Sorry for my sluggishness and i appreciate ur patience.

Also i just want to apologize for coming in and talking shit about peoples logic, it was kind of douchy and out of nowhere. Ive been here for years and never do stuff like that so my bad.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 01:06 PM
Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Raptor22
Also i just want to apologize for coming in and talking shit about peoples logic, it was kind of douchy and out of nowhere. Ive been here for years and never do stuff like that so my bad.
You don't really need to apologize, we all act like douchebags while debating at some point, myself included. But people will disagree with you if you call their logic shitty.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 01:10 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Originally posted by ILS
people will disagree with you if you call their logic shitty.

That's very shitty logic, come at me!!!

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 01:12 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Trocity
That's very shitty logic, come at me!!!
Douche

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 01:22 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Maul sits back and drinks a martini while Savage kills Darth Bane

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 10:56 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

-

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 07:56 PM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by The Merchant
What if instead of Maul I replace him with Ventress?

Bane has a chance with this.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 09:01 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Syndicate

ILS defending Grievous. I'm hard.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2016 09:27 PM
Click here to Send Syndicate a Private Message Find more posts by Syndicate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote