KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Satele Shan vs Count Dooku

Satele Shan vs Count Dooku
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 8 9 [10]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Fated has a bad habit of making comments and trying to make points, and then disappearing as soon as a poster makes a rebuttal. That's why he lost a debate to Bantha and myself, and why he doesn't respond whenever you point out the flaws in his posts

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Nov 18th, 2014 at 12:16 AM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 12:12 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Nah, Fated can beat S66 in a debate with one-arm while blindfolded and eating a taco with the police chasing him.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 12:43 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Nah, Fated can beat S66 in a debate with one-arm while blindfolded and eating a taco with the police chasing him.

Fated might be able to beat me in a debate. His post here was far better than any argument I've seen from you, TBH. In fact, I don't know why you hold yourself in such high esteem when the majority of the debaters here in your age group are far superior to you. Your not a bad debater, but you're not nearly as good as you think you are, and that's being straight up.

@Fated, no problem. I don't know how soon my reply will be since it's not really a high priority. I just think you underestimated Tiin earlier in this thread, and I didn't know you placed more emphasis on feats than implications and fancy quotes, which is rare among TOR fans. Feats are more important when evaluating most of the time. However, in a lot of cases accolades and hype can be just as good, especially if they establish where a certain force user ranks. In Tiin's case, most of his accolades are more of an establishment of where he ranks in his era than mere implications of being highly skilled. There's a source that Tempest had posted which states that the jedi council during the PT era holds the greatest combatants of it's time, and Tiin being one of the top ranking combatants on the council, establishes that he is top tier, which is enforced by the few high quality force showings we've seen from him, Mace stating that Tiin's raw power exceeds his own, and the fact that Tiin is confirmed as having one of the strongest force abilities of all jedi in his time. Basically it's no different than HOT being established as being top tier of his era. Plus, some new member just posted a source that confirms Cin Dralig as being one of the greatest duelist of his time, and the ROTS novel basically confirms that all four masters sent to arrest Sidious were the best sabermasters left on Coruscant, which would put Tiin above Cin and Shaak Ti by default despite his lack of showings. Tiin is an established powerhouse just like HOT is. The fact that Tiin is confirmed as being one of the best in an era, which is confirmed by GL as the prime of the jedi order and stated by Luke as being the most powerful era of jedi (BOTS), makes Tiin's position even greater.

I am on my lap top now, but don't have time to dig up Tiin's force feats. So I can't do a feat to feat comparison at the moment. I think Cart listed many of them, though, and I don't find Satele's feats to be far above his.

Edit: there's also Silver's respect thread of Tiin on comic vine you can look up.

Last edited by Dominis on Nov 18th, 2014 at 05:53 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 05:47 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Edit: there's also Silver's respect thread of Tiin on comic vine you can look up.

It's pretty lacking though, tbh.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 06:04 PM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Comparing Tiin to the HoT, lol.

I'll respond to you soon 66. Addicted to Dragon Age atm.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 06:14 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

[i] Plus, some new member just posted a source that confirms Cin Dralig as being one of the greatest duelist of his time[/B]

Some new member?!

I'm sad that you didn't remember my name. sad

Naw, just kiddin. :P Anyway, glad to help!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 06:42 PM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
Comparing Tiin to the HoT, lol.

:mmm: Besides NewGuy and Tempest, I question if any notable debater takes what he says seriously. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 08:02 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Lol @ Ant and Neph missing the point in regards to how I was comparing them. I didn't expect Ant to grasp the point, but you, Neph? Come on. Regardless, even if I did make a comparison, suggesting they were on par in regards to power (which I wasn't), it's no worse than comparing HOT to Yoda.

Zenwolf, I've never seen you post here before. Are you from another forum?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 08:24 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Lol @ Ant and Neph missing the point in regards to how I was comparing them. I didn't expect Ant to grasp the point, but you, Neph? Come on. Regardless, even if I did make a comparison, suggesting they were on par in regards to power (which I wasn't), it's no worse than comparing HOT to Yoda.

Zenwolf, I've never seen you post here before. Are you from another forum?

From CV and also the TOR forums, although I have been lurking on here for awhile too.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:58 AM
Click here to Send Zenwolf a Private Message Find more posts by Zenwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Who are you on CV?

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 04:59 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

He's wolfrazer, the Vine's resident expert on anything to do with non-Force sensitives, technology, military ect. He's awesome.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 05:03 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zenwolf

Originally posted by ILS
He's wolfrazer, the Vine's resident expert on anything to do with non-Force sensitives, technology, military ect. He's awesome.

Appreciate and yap, sure am. Am also doing a nice CaV with some others involving Stormtroopers and an Imperial Officer.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 05:13 AM
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

It was just a bad comparison. You were trying to point out that Tiin is among the top Jedi of his era, but the HoT was the top Jedi of her era, while Tiin was surpassed by a good half dozen or more. I don't know why you felt the need to compare the two as "powerhouses" when Tiin is obviously far below the Hero.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 01:57 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just thought of a funny word.

Nephherder

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 02:00 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by Nephthys
It was just a bad comparison. You were trying to point out that Tiin is among the top Jedi of his era, but the HoT was the top Jedi of her era, while Tiin was surpassed by a good half dozen or more. I don't know why you felt the need to compare the two as "powerhouses" when Tiin is obviously far below the Hero.

thumb up

Old Post Nov 19th, 2014 03:26 PM