KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Satele Shan vs Count Dooku

Satele Shan vs Count Dooku
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
I wasn't stating "Oh satele's accolade holds merit because I say so, but Saesee tiin does because i hate him crying face" I was arguing that she also has an accolade like Tiins - perhaps even more impressive(though that is left up in the air for debate - the impressiveness of the accolade i mean.)

I really, really don't see the point of arguing any of this in the first place. The only way you bringing that up in your argument makes any sense were if you believed Satele wasn't worthy of those accolades, which is clearly untrue.

quote:
I hardly give a damn for anything regarding trolls trying to low ball Jaden just to get at me kiddo,

So you're calling yourself a troll now. And I swear, for someone who was so upset about condescension, you're pretty snobbish, guy.

quote:
And if you don't like to respond, then don't simple as that broski.

Sadly, I have a duty.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:27 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
What's your point? I don't ignore the text, i simply state that it holds no merit when we analyse Tiins prowess - much like when we analyse Cin Dralligs prowess.

Just Because Dooku praised him, doesn't mean he[Drallig] is in the same league as the others Dooku mentioned

Satele has no dueling feats to compare to Dooku. She's beaten Mekhis who is featless, and you're bringing up a different point dufus. That quote Bantha brought up had nothing to do with being "the best of the order", it had to do with a subjective appraisal of her fighting style not skill. Learn to comprehend text.

quote:
You know, i find it funny, how. You defend Tiin in ever single thread he's in(Against Krayt, Revan etc) But despite us having a Mutual agreement to engage in a debate, You have not even responded. How about instead of calling me "butthurt" you actually engage in our debate.

This coming from the guy who conceded to me and ran out of the debate when you were losing. You have no right to criticize Newguy or anyone.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:29 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
I wasn't stating "Oh satele's accolade holds merit because I say so, but Saesee tiin does because i hate him crying face" I was arguing that she also has an accolade like Tiins - perhaps even more impressive(though that is left up in the air for debate - the impressiveness of the accolade i mean.)

I never disputed Satele as being "the best of her era", you're confused between quotes like a tool. For one she has better dueling feat than Saesee, so you're drawing on a false comparison.

quote:
I hardly give a damn for anything regarding trolls trying to low ball Jaden just to get at me kiddo, Carthage tried that and failed. And if you don't like to respond, then don't simple as that broski.

Do I need to link to the thread where you were crying like a girl when Freshest was just pointing out that you were hyping Jaden's feats?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t598261.html

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:33 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I really, really don't see the point of arguing any of this in the first place. The only way you bringing that up in your argument makes any sense were if you believed Satele wasn't worthy of those accolades, which is clearly untrue.

I brought it up to show she has a similar accolade...

quote:
So you're calling yourself a troll now. And I swear, for someone who was so upset about condescension, you're pretty snobbish, guy.

How is not giving a crap about what people - who are so obviously only trying to goad me by saying Jaden sucks - are going to say, make me a troll? How am I snobbish for that? at the very least I don't pretend to be a Judge of all SW characters lists and such and if i **** up I can recognize and apologize for it(Insert what do you want a trophy joke here)

quote:
Sadly, I have a duty.

Then that's your problem now isn't it kiddo?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:41 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Fated is really angry and losing badly to Newguy.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 05:42 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote:
I brought it up to show she has a similar accolade...

But I never mentioned her, or implied any sort of comparison between them at all. It was just random, and I have no clue what you were trying to achieve.

quote:
who are so obviously only trying to goad me by saying Jaden sucks - are going to say, make me a troll?

Except I said no such thing. To make a point about why I was responding, I said were the situation reversed, you too would try to refute what you see to be an inaccuracy concerning a character like Jaden. You replied by saying you would not take the opinions of trolls into consideration.

So apparently what you're saying to me is that I shouldn't take your opinion into consideration, because... you're a troll? erm

quote:
-raging-

Whatever you say, kiddo.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 06:02 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

But I never mentioned her, or implied any sort of comparison between them at all. It was just random, and I have no clue what you were trying to achieve.

You were comparing Tiin to Satele's accolade...

quote:
Except I said no such thing. To make a point about why I was responding, I said were the situation reversed, you too would try to refute what you see to be an inaccuracy concerning a character like Jaden. You replied by saying you would not take the opinions of trolls into consideration.

So apparently what you're saying to me is that I shouldn't take your opinion into consideration, because... you're a troll? erm

No, don't twist my words kid. Here's what i really said:

I hardly give a damn for anything regarding trolls trying to low ball Jaden just to get at me kiddo

If people can make a valid argument against Jaden, I'll acknowledge it, but if they are so obviously just trying to goad me, I will ignore and move on. When i point out Saesee Tiin's lack of ability(for a lack of a better term) i don't do so with the intent of goading and/or trolling, I do it to show Carthage that he has contradicted himself on several occasions. in other words, i call him on his Bullshit. Do not twist my words to make your own argument look better.

quote:
Whatever you say, kiddo.

What do you hope to accomplish with this? Are you that intent on finding a double-standard for me? I don't even wank Ragnos to make Jaden seem better, nor do i wank the fact that he was Korriban and Vjun. In fact you can ask Ant, Dmb, Sinious, Jack - hell even Tempest! They'll tell you that I share the same view i have for Saesee with Tulak Hord, Cin Drallig and many other characters with just accolades to support them.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 06:24 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

quote:
If people can make a valid argument against Jaden, I'll acknowledge it, but if they are so obviously just trying to goad me, I will ignore and move on. When i point out Saesee Tiin's lack of ability(for a lack of a better term) i don't do so with the intent of goading and/or trolling, I do it to show Carthage that he has contradicted himself on several occasions. in other words, i call him on his Bullshit. Do not twist my words to make your own argument look better.

I guess you're going to keep repeating the same nonsense in spite of:

A. Losing an argument where I never brought up Tiin's dueling feat, you remember the one you chickened out of.

B. You deliberately tried to pass off Depa's amped performance against Windu as evidence of her skill.

I know you won't respond because you're too busy hyperventilating and raging hard.

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 06:33 AM
NewGuy01
perpetual

Originally posted by Fated Xtasy
You were comparing the quotes.

Ah, you got me there. I completely, 100% forgot about that. It's still irrelevant, but I see where you were coming from.

May read the wall of angst later, but I'm done for the night. Sayonara~

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 06:59 AM
The Merchant

Bane dies.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 07:07 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S_W_LeGenD

I'm not sure why this mentality is so commonly adopted when concerning lightning. Not just in this case, but in general. Yes, lightsabers (or tutaminis) can counter lightning--But the case is the same for lightsabers as well. Just as a well placed strike can get past the defenses of an opposing duelist, lightning is also a valid tool against which there is no absolute defense. That said, the chances of Satele being overcome by it are low.

Point is that Dooku's lightning talent is insignificant to overcome Satele Shan.

Not bad at all, but not as impressive as you're trying to make out, either. I personally find Dooku casually lifting over a dozen stone obelisks simultaneously more impressive. I mean, Obi-Wan's capable of bending re-enforced durasteel plates like a cheap spoon with his bare hands, but there's no way in hell he could bench-press one of those things. laughing

You are comparing apples and oranges here. Satele Shan demonstrated a feat which was possible with combination of raw power and mastery of esoteric talents, a complex task.

Count Dooku's obalisks lifting feat, whilst impressive, is a pure demonstration of his raw power in use of telekinesis. However, keeping in mind the official declaration that Satele Shan is a prodigiously gifted Force-use, she might be good enough to duplicate or exceed Dooku's greatest telekinetic showings.

Honestly this isn't all that impressive. For one thing the door was like 6 feet high, and only a few inches thick--Take a look at the doors the Barsen'thor busted up. Also, I had previously gathered that this was more of a display of Satele's ability to use shatterpoint than anything else.

A blast door is a tough structure to crack irrespective of size. Jedi typically resort to using a lightsaber to crack open a blast/reinforced door but this is time-consuming effort (CIP: Qui-Gon's attempt to destroy a reinforced door in Episode I).

However, Satele Shan, being a prodigiously gifted Force-user, utterly shattered/dismantled a blast door by simply touch it, effortlessly. This feat also demonstrates her amazing potential with shatterpoint, a talent which she can utilize in other situations.

Ventress could do that. Dooku TK raped Ventress with a finger.

Asajj Ventress have never downed a (gigantic) tree that weighted like a too tons or more while holding off a Sith heavyweight at bay with a single arm.

Also, Count Dooku may have caught Asajj Ventress off-guard once, therefore the outcome which you proudly referred. However, the former didn't dominate the latter like that in another confrontation. Your over-reliance on that one-time occurrence is futile.

Oh spare me, everyone and their grandma can do that.

Really? Did you even watch the feat properly? Satele Shan applied an esoteric application which crawled up to the position of three Sith from the ground and then exploded killing all 3 simultaneously.

Your attempts to cheapen feats of Satele Shan are really lame.

Last edited by S_W_LeGenD on Nov 15th, 2014 at 09:23 AM

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 09:12 AM
Click here to Send S_W_LeGenD a Private Message Find more posts by S_W_LeGenD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Where are the quotes, LeGenD?

Old Post Nov 15th, 2014 12:00 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Satele dies

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:50 AM
Dominis

Most of the listed feats for Satele aren't feats far beyond the feats of force users whom Dooku has casually dominated with the force. Toppling trees and crushing droids have been duplicated by Kenobi, among other impressive TK showings. Ventress has collapsed huge boulders from a cave and crushed giant warriors like bugs with them, has caused a massive avalanche, and nearly crushed the heart of master Fay. Vos has shattered the ground beneath him with a force push. Yet, when it comes to TK, none of them even approach Dooku, as evident in his casual handling of them.

As far as dueling, in season 6 of TCW, Dooku basically proved that had Anakin not been there, he'd have ended Kenobi in seconds. Hell, Ventress, who is an Obi Wan level duelist herself, couldn't even gain an advantage over a drugged and blind Dooku in a saber duel despite triple teaming him with two other nightsisters, who were regarded as the clan's greatest warriors. Then there's the fact that Dooku has outdueled both Bulq and Tholme simultaneously.

For any attempt to lowball Tiin, the fact that Tiin is regarded as being one of the greatest duelist in an era Lucas refers to as the jedi in it's prime and Luke also referring to the era of jedi as the most powerful, would put Tiin above most by default. Not to mention that he was stated to have one of the most powerful force abilities of his time, and has been implied to have raw power that rivals Windu--a master who could nearly disintegrate a group of battle droids with a mere force push. Also, Tiin's ability to navigate ships in hyperspace with the force alone would suggest immense strength and command of the force (though I think the feat was performed during meditation, but still...). Not to mention his speed feats such as forming a shield from his blade to deflect waves of blaster bolts. It's not that Tiin lacks the hype/accolades/feats to suggest he is pretty high up their and far, far beyond average, it's the fact that Sidious took him out so ridiculously easy that people don't want to accept Tiin's superiority, because just by taking Tiin out alone so easily, would make it far too difficult for the TOR fan's to debunk the notion that Sidious could take out most of the TOR wanked characters just as easily, but that's if someone wanted to enforce Sidious's speed in this forum. Let's face it, if Silver were to come here, and make such a notion, no one would be able to counter him, because the minute someone brings up "well no Sidious can't do that to so and so because they are powerful," Silver would counter it with the fact that Tiin, too, is powerful. Not to mention that this "being powerful" logic you TOR supporters use to counter any notion of Sidious blitzing, is logic that can be used against your count claims. If speed is determined by power, the fact that the council members that Sidious did blitz are all regarded as some of the greatest swordsmen produced by the order, immense speed would be something they would have to have at their disposal. Speed is just as important in a saber duel as technical skill. If one lacks the speed to put his/her technical skill in good use, they wouldn't be referred to as top duelist by jedi standards. So prodigious speed would be a must, which would logically mean that they are force powerhouses.

Regardless, majority of the TOR characters that are wanked on these boards don't even have the feats to put them above the likes of Tiin, Kolar or Fisto. In a hype/accolade contest, most of which are relied on here to elevate TOR characters, these three jedi master council members shit all over most. The strike team assembled to take on Sidious, is one of the best strike teams (perhaps the best) that as ever been assembled to take on a powerful foe.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:27 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Somebody start the slow clap.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:36 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

S66 - Have you got an account on CV I don't know about?

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:36 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by ILS
S66 - Have you got an account on CV I don't know about?

DOMINIS.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:47 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ahhhhh. Makes sense now.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:50 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by ILS
Ahhhhh. Makes sense now.

How so?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:54 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Similar posting style that I hadn't picked up on before.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2014 03:57 PM