KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Satele Shan vs Count Dooku

Satele Shan vs Count Dooku
Started by: WildBantha88

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
NewGuy01
perpetual

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Nephthys
BTW, I can't actually recall the exact quote about the B-team being among the best duelists ever. Wasn't that just Mace's opinion or was it actually from a sourcebook?

There's several quotes from sourcebooks/databanks, but Obi-Wan calling them the greatest swordsmasters the order had ever produced in RotS novel is probably the most impressive.

Kolar specifically, though, has an omniscient quote saying he's one of the greatest bladesbeings in history earlier in the novel.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 04:18 AM
Click here to Send NewGuy01 a Private Message Find more posts by NewGuy01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by NewGuy01

Kolar specifically, though, has an omniscient quote saying he's one of the greatest bladesbeings in history earlier in the novel.

Suck on that TOR fans, Kolar is one of the best in the entire history of the Jedi order. Neither Satele, HOT, Revan, or any of the near featless Jedi can lay claim to that. What now!

You're all jealous that's what you all are, jealous of the fact I can stomp Quinlan vos with ease.

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Nov 17th, 2014 at 07:43 AM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 07:35 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

The funny thing is, if a TOR character had an accolade along these lines, guys like Neph would be the first ones to jump all over that shit and plaster it across the internet.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 07:41 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Merchant

Pretty sure Kolar and Tiin being the best ever was common knowledge lol.

"Vader's pulse and breathing were machine-regulated, so they could not quicken; but something in his chest became more electric around his meetings with the Emperor; he could not say how. A feeling of fullness, of power, of dark and demon mastery -- of secret lusts, unrestrained passion, wild submission -- all these things were in Vader's heart as he neared his Emperor. These things and more."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 07:43 AM
Click here to Send The Merchant a Private Message Find more posts by The Merchant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Era bias so lame.

You're all wrong guys, Era bias is wrong unless quotes that can mean absolutely anything and are vague and unsubstantiated excludes TOR!

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Last edited by carthage on Nov 17th, 2014 at 07:50 AM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 07:45 AM
Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Except several members acknowledged them as such, not just Kenobi.

Really? Quote please?

The issue with this is that Kenobi (and others) can't accurately judge Kolar's skill against that of the rest of history. I'd buy it from Yoda, but no one else can reliably make accurate comparisons.

In-universe hype only matters when you want them to, right? You, know, such as Kasim. This is what I mean about you and double standards. You constantly apply them then throw a tantrum when I call you out on them.

Er, no. I don't put much weight on Bane considering Kas'im a possibility for the greatest duelist of all time. It's cool as an accolade, but I admit that it's a limited form of proof and not worth much. I put more stock in the evidence Bane brings up to support his conclusion, that Kas'im had achieved absolute master of the saber.

And, no, they are different. Fancy terms that imply skill are not as straightforward as being considered one of history's greatest. In terms of strict accolades, yes, being considered one of the greatest is far better than a fancy description that implies a great deal of skill, as being one of the greatest ever actually separates a jedi from the vast majority of jedi in history. Being highly skilled can be applied to a jedi who doesn't even approach being one of the best ever. Hell, Ahsoka has some fancy quotes which imply great skill, but it doesn't make her one of the greatest ever.

The logic your using here is as bad as suggesting the wrath is as skilled and as powerful as Maul based on some implications of skill and power.

What is your obsession with straightforward? It's just not true. I've described exactly the level of skill that an accolade such as "Embodying true skill" indicates, while all you've waffled on about is that "one of the best" puts Kolar ahead of an indeterminate amount of people of unknown levels of skill. Not to mention that it's just Obi-Wan's ferking opinion. Snakes alive, what an accolade! It totally shits on everything from TOR! laughing

In the end all your quote does is indicate Kolar is highly skilled too. It just does it by transposing an ambiguous hierarchy and placing Kolar on an unknown level in that hierarchy above and below an unknown level of people with unknown levels of skill. By your own logic being one of the best ever can be applied to Jedi who don't even approach embodying true skill, so clearly it is completely shitty and meaningless QED.

Sorry bro, you tried to start some PT vs TOR shit but then couldn't deliver. Just accept it so we can end this stupid debate of yours.

Last edited by Nephthys on Nov 17th, 2014 at 11:49 AM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 11:42 AM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Originally posted by carthage
Suck on that TOR fans, Kolar is one of the best in the entire history of the Jedi order. Neither Satele, HOT, Revan, or any of the near featless Jedi can lay claim to that. What now!

Revan has like 6 quotes saying he is one of the best. no expression

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 01:03 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WildBantha88

Satele also has quotes like that

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 02:18 PM
Click here to Send WildBantha88 a Private Message Find more posts by WildBantha88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Yeah its not like Kolar highlights his accolade by stomping a duelist who beat Bulq or anything, but Kas'im holding classes and struggling to beat a trainee and then getting squashed by rubble from a temple really validates someone elses opinion.

Last edited by carthage on Nov 17th, 2014 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 02:42 PM
Dominis

Really? Quote please?

The issue with this is that Kenobi (and others) can't accurately judge Kolar's skill against that of the rest of history. I'd buy it from Yoda, but no one else can reliably make accurate comparisons.

Er, no. I don't put much weight on Bane considering Kas'im a possibility for the greatest duelist of all time. It's cool as an accolade, but I admit that it's a limited form of proof and not worth much. I put more stock in the evidence Bane brings up to support his conclusion, that Kas'im had achieved absolute master of the saber.

What is your obsession with straightforward? It's just not true. I've described exactly the level of skill that an accolade such as "Embodying true skill" indicates, while all you've waffled on about is that "one of the best" puts Kolar ahead of an indeterminate amount of people of unknown levels of skill. Not to mention that it's just Obi-Wan's ferking opinion. Snakes alive, what an accolade! It totally shits on everything from TOR! laughing

In the end all your quote does is indicate Kolar is highly skilled too. It just does it by transposing an ambiguous hierarchy and placing Kolar on an unknown level in that hierarchy above and below an unknown level of people with unknown levels of skill. By your own logic being one of the best ever can be applied to Jedi who don't even approach embodying true skill, so clearly it is completely shitty and meaningless QED.

Sorry bro, you tried to start some PT vs TOR shit but then couldn't deliver. Just accept it so we can end this stupid debate of yours.

No, at the end of the day my quote indicates Kolar being among the best in history, not just very skilled. The difference is, fancy names for being very skilled doesn't automatically mean you're one greatest of all time material, unless you think Ahsoka is, whereas being one of the greatest in history means, you know, being one of the greatest in history. It's a statement backed by Windu, Shaak Ti, and Kenobi. It's something Yoda evidently agreed with as well. And, as I said, the number of jedi who hold the title of being one of the greatest is irrelevant, as they are vastly outnumbered by jedi who are not, which still makes them stand out among the rest, otherwise the term doesn't make sense. Simple logic, Neph. I'll agree to it once you stop reaching. If not, I can break it down for you a little better with analogies, but seriously, this is not complicated and I shouldn't have to.

What I mean by being straightforward, is that the quote is simple and to the point. It establishes where the jedi ranks among the majority, hence the words one of the greatest. Fancy names that indicate skill doesn't do that for us.

@Fated, that was good. No, I wasn't trying to train you. It's just that I've made arguments in the past while you and Sinious would make remarks without attempting to address the argument, and then have the nerve to turn around and accuse Cart of being a troll. I just wanted to see if you were capable of doing more than just criticize other solid arguments and join in with the majority and accuse Cart of trolling. I agree that Satele is likely greater than Tiin, but I think they are closer than you think, and I'll address your post later. It was a good post, though.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 03:30 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Fated is mad that he lost an argument to me. Satele is better than Tiin due to having better feats, but the early quote about her being better than Tiin due to being more savage than the Sith was lolworthy

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 03:35 PM
Dominis

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I expect either a long, educated rebuttal or an acceptance to Revan's greatness in the Revan gauntlet thread.

No, Skillz, you're supposed to only say stuff like that about Nihilus, not Revan.

You've listed most of Dooku's best, so you did most of my work for me lol. I just have some questions for you later, though.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 03:44 PM
Click here to Send Dominis a Private Message Find more posts by Dominis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Nihilus's greatness is irrefutable fact. Revan's is evidently still in question.

When you say questions, do you mean a long educated rebuttal? stick out tongue

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 04:01 PM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dominis

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Nihilus's greatness is irrefutable fact. Revan's is evidently still in question.

When you say questions, do you mean a long educated rebuttal? stick out tongue

No, you said what you said. You disgust me.

I don't usually intend to write that much. I've just always had trouble getting my point across, then Tempest usually comes through and sums up my argument in a few sentences, as he did in this thread. But as for your upcoming response, I'm pretty sure I won't write so much.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 04:19 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Lol @ being Temp's anal buddy.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Nov 17th, 2014 at 04:31 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

People either underrate the B-team a lot and say they're absolute shit, or they overrate them and say that the B-team could provide a good fight for any duelist of any other era.

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 11:23 PM
Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

They could all stomp Bane for the most part other than Tiin. Are you mad that they're more skilled than anyone from Bane's era?

Last edited by carthage on Nov 17th, 2014 at 11:27 PM

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 11:25 PM
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Lol @ being Temp's anal buddy.

That would be Neph.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 11:29 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Originally posted by Emperordmb
People either underrate the B-team a lot and say they're absolute shit, or they overrate them and say that the B-team could provide a good fight for any duelist of any other era.

Like Sidious.

Old Post Nov 17th, 2014 11:54 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fated Xtasy
Kami

@Fated, that was good. No, I wasn't trying to train you. It's just that I've made arguments in the past while you and Sinious would make remarks without attempting to address the argument, and then have the nerve to turn around and accuse Cart of being a troll. I just wanted to see if you were capable of doing more than just criticize other solid arguments and join in with the majority and accuse Cart of trolling. I agree that Satele is likely greater than Tiin, but I think they are closer than you think, and I'll address your post later. It was a good post, though.

Oh, um, Thank you. I respect your opinion on that - I may not agree with it, but I respect it. I look forward to your response.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2014 12:06 AM
Click here to Send Fated Xtasy a Private Message Find more posts by Fated Xtasy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote