KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Beyonder vs LT

Beyonder vs LT
Started by: Time Immemorial

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 14 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Board Walker

Ultimately it doesn't matter what a writer who loaned advice to the Marvel writer wanted to portray, the fact of the matter is that the blue brother held by the LT in a exclusively marvel comic was not DC.

Yea, don't know if you noticed BW but we're past that.
There is no doubt that was meant to be DC.
Now, us/you/whoever wanting to accept that is another matter.

That aside, even if you didn't accept that to be DC, you still have the LT with Two Comic book lines in his hand.

Which leaves questions in the air.

It would mean that the DC company was at the mercy of a marvel writer, which it never was.

You're right. I think it means DC is at the mercy of its own "Executive Editor." (editor in chief)

Mike Carlin: (scan below is from Adv. of the X-Men)

(please log in to view the image)

------------------------------

Mike Carlin, the guy who helped write "Adv. of the X-Men," isn't just some writer (rogue or not)
he was actually the Executive Editor of DC ... you know, the guy in charge.

Like Tom Brevoort is for Marvel:

Which means he's like the Supreme Being of DC. (specifically concerning what takes place on panel)

The only person above ol' Mike Carlin ...
was the President/Publisher of DC. (Jenette Kahn, who's main concern was sales naturally)

In charge of who/what/where On Panel? = Mike Carlin! ... Just like Brevoort in Marvel.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 03:33 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Mr Master
Yea, don't know if you noticed BW but we're past that.
There is no doubt that was meant to be DC.
Now, us/you/whoever wanting to accept that is another matter.

That aside, even if you didn't accept that to be DC, you still have the LT with Two Comic book lines in his hand.

Which leaves questions in the air.

You're right. I think it means DC is at the mercy of its own "Executive Editor." (editor in chief)

Mike Carlin: (scan below is from Adv. of the X-Men)

Mike Carlin, the guy who helped write "Adv. of the X-Men," isn't just some writer (rogue or not)
he was actually the Executive Editor of DC ... you know, the guy in charge.

Like Tom Brevoort is for Marvel:

Which means he's like the Supreme Being of DC. (specifically concerning what takes place on panel)

The only person above ol' Mike Carlin ...
was the President/Publisher of DC. (Jenette Kahn, who's main concern was sales naturally)

In charge of who/what/where On Panel? = Mike Carlin! ... Just like Brevoort in Marvel.

Stop spaming the same stuff all over again pls.

If he would be indeed the boss, like the owner of DC and DC was at his mercy we would see the Spectre in the Comic, by Name and drawn and even a DC Logo on it. Yet it never happened because he didn't dare. Even an Editor, executive or not, is just employed by the company and he had no official power when working for the competition.

This is the FACT, he is not the owner of DC, just employed for a short time, he can't make this decision, else we would see the real Spectre etc. It was a joke and ist not canon to DC, which means it isn't the DC Brother and the DC Verse isn't a Megaverse, officially. For him maybe, but it means nothing for DC.

And you alread said yourself, that DC is not a Megaverse in Marvel.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Last edited by Prof. T.C McAbe on Dec 19th, 2014 at 04:50 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 04:39 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

^^ Posting those toon pics makes your arrgument fall under comedy.
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe

Stop spaming the same stuff all over again pls.

When you stop spamming the thread with your baseless opinion.

If he would be indeed the boss, like the owner of DC and DC was at his mercy we would see the Spectre in the Comic, by Name and drawn and even a DC Logo on it. Yet it never happened because he didn't dare. Even an Editor, executive or not, is just employed by the company and he had no official power when working for the competition.

This is the FACT, he is not the owner of DC, just employed for a short time, he can't make this decision, else we would see the real Spectre etc. It was a joke and ist not canon to DC, which means it isn't the DC Brother and the DC Verse isn't a Megaverse, officially. For him maybe, but it means nothing for DC.

... Your supposition is your own, and no one can stop you from it.

But, you should research what it means to be the Editor in Chief/Executive Editor for DC and/or Marvel.

Anyway, when you post proof that contradicts all the evidence, we'll move forward.

Peace and love.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 04:52 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

^^ Posting those toon pics makes your arrgument fall under comedy.

When you stop spamming the thread with your baseless opinion.

My opinion holds more weight than yours.

... Your supposition is your own, and no one can stop you from it.

But, you should research what it means to be the Editor in Chief/Executive Editor for DC and/or Marvel.

Anyway, when you post proof that contradicts all the evidence, we'll move forward.

Peace and love.

laughing out loud heed your own advice. At least the smater people here understood my point and agreed.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 04:54 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah, at this point he is just being stubborn and spamming. Pity.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2014 05:03 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BeyonderGod

Mr.Master wins this debate a lonnnng time ago.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 01:05 AM
BeyonderGod is currently offline Click here to Send BeyonderGod a Private Message Find more posts by BeyonderGod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zom1967

Originally posted by BeyonderGod
Mr.Master wins this debate a lonnnng time ago.
What the hell is this hippe even trying to say,lol

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:18 AM
zom1967 is currently offline Click here to Send zom1967 a Private Message Find more posts by zom1967 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zom1967

My opinion holds more weight than yours.

laughing out loud heed your own advice. At least the smater people here understood my point and agreed.
meaning you,you obviously don`t know what your saying,but peace and love anyway pot filled person,do you live in denver! laughing

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:22 AM
zom1967 is currently offline Click here to Send zom1967 a Private Message Find more posts by zom1967 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

DC is not a megaverse it is in fact a Metaverse, and arguably a omniverse.

Although a Metaverse seems to dwarf that of a omniverse going by DC's definition of it on panel. DC has never been a megaverse within marvel, as that would mean that DC is inherently less than that of Marvel as it is a part of Marvel. Which is not supported by DC or by Marvel for that matter, it has never been named DC and never will be named DC as it is not.

Mr. Master you have your opinion, and it is nothing more than an opinion that is built upon your own interpretation of several comics. It is no greater or more genuine than any other person's opinion, and regardless of if you agree with that it is the fact of the matter.

DC as of right now is greater than a Omniverse, as it is a Metaverse that embodies multiple Omniverses. How you ask? Because DC owns multiple comic subsidiaries which are each their own omniverse, all of which exits of the Time Warner company. The DC metaverse withholds things far beyond the DC comics company, such as several of their television subsidiaries, other comic company subsidiaries, and various companies.

Last edited by Board Walker on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 06:26 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:23 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by abhilegend
Yeah, at this point he is just being stubborn and spamming. Pity.
Irony.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:35 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Although a Metaverse seems to dwarf that of a omniverse going by DC's definition of it on panel. DC has never been a megaverse within marvel, as that would mean that DC is inherently less than that of Marvel as it is a part of Marvel. Which is not supported by DC or by Marvel for that matter, it has never been named DC and never will be named DC as it is not.

Mr. Master you have your opinion, and it is nothing more than an opinion that is built upon your own interpretation of several comics. It is no greater or more genuine than any other person's opinion, and regardless of if you agree with that it is the fact of the matter.

DC as of right now is greater than a Omniverse, as it is a Metaverse that embodies multiple Omniverses. How you ask? Because DC owns multiple comic subsidiaries which are each their own omniverse, all of which exits of the Time Warner company. The DC metaverse withholds things far beyond the DC comics company, such as several of their television subsidiaries, other comic company subsidiaries, and various companies.

Omniverse.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:36 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by Golgo13
Omniverse.

An Omniverse is a collection of all multiverses, and singular dimensions that are not within a multiverse that exist within a specific entity IE DC Comics or Marvel.

DC has stated on panel it is a Metaverse, and that DC comics in its' entirety is only one piece of the much larger Time Warner Meta Verse.

Metaverse > Omniverse

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:38 AM
Board Walker is currently offline Click here to Send Board Walker a Private Message Find more posts by Board Walker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

QFT, BW the voice of reason, the voice of sanity, the voice of logic, the voice of kmc.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 10:41 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Meta verse? Got a Link? First I've ever seen anyone use the term for DC.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 02:08 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Here's one:

http://i.imgur.com/JI5OuFH.jpg

It was used repeatedly in Superman: The Next mini.

On a side note, i do enjoy reading BW's exaggerations from time to time. His posts are the only ones which actually make me lol. So keep it up.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 03:09 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Master

^^ That term is not in that scan good friend.

DC has never been a megaverse within marvel

I don't recall a single person ever claiming that in this thread.

So, why you have repeated this like 8 times is a mystery.

False! ...

My "opinion" ... is shared by reputable sources who explain it as Fact!

------------------------------------------

... The Head Writer of all the Marvel Handbooks: Jeff Christiansen

... three (of the 4) writers from the DC vs Marvel mini: Ron Marz ... Dan Jurgens ... Claudio Castellini

...plus the Executive Editor of DC at the time: Mike Carlin

------------------------------------------

Now, what we do know for sure, is that what you've posted, is an opinion built on ...

... well, after this explanation below ... one could easily guess ... white puffy clouds?

Originally posted by operator616

reading BW's exaggerations from time to time.

actually make me lol.

thumb up ... Me too ...

Last edited by Mr Master on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 05:09 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 04:58 PM
operator616

Yeah, i uploaded the wrong one. Here's the one i intended to post:

http://i.imgur.com/JWbqHKB.jpg

An explanation of the nature of the metaverse:

http://i.imgur.com/VNXepBJ.jpg

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 05:05 PM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

QFT, BW the voice of reason, the voice of sanity, the voice of logic, the voice of kmc.

SMDH. I miss the good Ole days.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 05:09 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Board Walker

Originally posted by carver9
SMDH. I miss the good Ole days.

Carver I understand you greatly appreciate my posts of knowledge, and utter enlightenment. However, I request that you cease shaking your D!*# hard at me as I do not reciprocate the same emotions in return.

I post to enlighten, to save, and ultimately help cure this reality of misunderstanding as well as poisonous ignorance. I do not post in order to capture the hearts, adorations, and praise of others for what I do is selfless sacrifice. To see you grow and gain a fraction of the understanding I possess, is- more than anything I could ever ask for.

Thank you for being the best you, that you can be Carver and Mr. Master. I will do my best to help you both understand comics, their deeper underlying meaning, and in how to truly perceive them beyond their corporeal form.

Last edited by Board Walker on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 06:36 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:28 PM
carver9

Carver I understand you greatly appreciate my posts of knowledge, and utter enlightenment. However, I request that you cease shaking your D!*# hard at me as I do not reciprocate the same emotions in return.

I post to enlighten, to save, and ultimately help cure this reality of misunderstanding as well as poisonous ignorance. I do not post in order to capture the hearts, adorations, and praise of others for what I do is selfless sacrifice. To see you grow and gain a fraction of the understanding I possess, is- more than anything I could ever ask for.

Thank you for being the best you, that you can be Carver and Mr. Master. I will do my best to help you both understand comics, their deeper underlying meaning, and in how to truly perceive them beyond their corporeal form.

laughing out loud

You know what SMDH means.

Also, I agree, everything we debate about is our opinions but come on man, the stuff you post, you are not serious.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2014 06:53 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote