KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Darth Maul & Savage Opress vs. General Grievous & Asajj Ventress

Darth Maul & Savage Opress vs. General Grievous & Asajj Ventress
Started by: Dionysus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
He's saying it's his opinion so as not to have crazy Grievous fans lay into him. The guy gets a lot of hate mail.
Proof of this? And that his statement was intended to be objective instead of subjective?
quote:
Also the guy has talked to Lucas in depth about all these things on a daily basis for like 7-8 years. You really think he forgot to ask Lucas about how good Grievous is? LOL.
Quote?
quote:
Fact is he's actually defended Grievous to Lucas. He says on page 1 of that same Interview how IT WAS LUCAS who wanted to have Grievous losing to Gungans, and it was FILONI who said Fan won't like that.
Then it's what a lot of us debaters like to call an inconsistency, and Filoni and Lucas both evidently realized this as well considering they acknowledged that Grievous losing to Gungans is out of the norm, and would be portraying him as less impressive than usual.

quote:
Filoni: Yeah, because that was a huge challenge. I think I've said before how I went back and forth on that one with George several times saying, "Wow, if we do this to Grievous, I think that's going to be a big, big loss for him. His credibility's going to go down." You know, we argued about it back and forth several times trying to figure out was that going to be the best move. George was always pretty resolute that it was going to be fine, and he talked with me through how we could achieve it. And I thought, "Well, if we're going to take him out, then we have to lose something pretty big on the good guys' side to make the sacrifice seem pretty meaningful." So we had to take out Tarpals
Having said that, as far as creative decisions go, the idea of Grievous - someone who has built a career out of wholesale slaughtering Jedi by the hundred - losing to Gungans, is hilariously retarded.
quote:
In either case, like you said, he's in charge on that show, so it shows us the creators intentions of Ventress beating Grievous simply being because she's better than him, not because they're on some dark side nexus.
No, an opinion isn't the same as creator intentions. It isn't a canonical fact that Ventress is a better duelist than Grievous. The only fact of the matter is that she was able to beat him on a Dark Side nexus which would amplified her beyond her normal abilities. Also, in other sources Grievous has been noted as being superior to all of Dooku's other apprentices/proteges, has beaten Ventress, and has had better dueling and physical feats than her. So the idea that all of that can be changed just because Filoni or Lucas want it to be so is just ignorant on their part and anyone who would subscribe to that statement. Luckily, it's just Filoni's opinion, so it doesn't even matter.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 11:21 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
None of this matters because he's explained that when it comes to formidable Jedi (All Council Members would be included in that) Grievous wins THROUGH FEAR AND INTIMIDATING his Opponents via his Swirling Blades.

So the Jedi who have done better against him, have simply got past that Intimidation factor, whilst the Jedi who have struggled or fall to him Have not.

Clearly it took Kenobi some time to get past that. But he was clearly past it by ROTS. Whilst Fisto and Koth saw past that almost immediately.
Lmfao, you're completely incapable of countering my argument so you continue to cling to a subjective opinion like it's fact. Nice debating DP, good job thumb up

Basically everything you just said is refuted by the fact that it is just an opinion, which is basically irrelevant unless it's deemed official.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 11:23 AM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ILS
Lmfao, you're completely incapable of countering my argument so you continue to cling to a subjective opinion like it's fact. Nice debating DP, good job thumb up

Basically everything you just said is refuted by the fact that it is just an opinion, which is basically irrelevant unless it's deemed official.

Cool story bro. You keep clinging to the idea that "It's his OPINION".

I'll stick with the Creator's opinion over yours any day thumb up

Originally posted by ILS

Quote?

You need a quote that Filoni's talked to Lucas about everything that happens on Clone Wars including all the fights that happen?

You really have no clue about how actual Canon was created under Lucas do you?

He was pretty much a dictator over the whole thing.

You've even quoted YOURSELF how Filoni argued back on forth with Lucas about how Grievous shouldn't lose to Gungans.

So if anything, Filoni's opinion on Grievous is actually HIGHER than Lucas's opinion on him thumb up

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 20th, 2014 at 12:29 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 12:24 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
You keep clinging to the idea that "It's his OPINION".
quote:
I mean, it's just me
quote:
but I always thought
-
quote:
I'll stick with the Creator's opinion over yours any day
Mine which is backed up by evidence. But hey, it's not my fault you can't think for yourself embarrasment
quote:
You need a quote that Filoni's talked to Lucas about everything that happens on Clone Wars including all the fights that happen?
No, I need a quote for you to try and back up your claim that his opinion was meant as fact.
quote:
You really have no clue about how actual Canon was created under Lucas do you?
I could say the same about your ability to interpret source material, understand characters, or actually debate with some coherence instead of dodging certain points you can't counter and spouting nonsense.
quote:
You've even quoted YOURSELF how Filoni argued back on forth with Lucas about how Grievous shouldn't lose to Gungans.

So if anything, Filoni's opinion on Grievous is actually HIGHER than Lucas's opinion on him
Admitting that it was just an opinion has just undermined your entire argument - concession accepted bro, thanks for coming.

I'm pretty sure there's another post of mine in another thread you need to get to replying to bro, unless you conceded to that too? Holy shit, you'll need to open up your own concession stand if this keeps up.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 01:02 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/03/...season-4?page=3

Filoni: I still don't believe that, at this point -- one-to-one -- that Grievous could really take out someone like Ventress in a lightsaber fight. I mean, it's just me, but he doesn't have the Force. He can't wield it. I don't see how he can hope to be as proficient as a Jedi or a Sith could be fighting with a lightsaber, which is why he's always willing to dirty play at the end of the day.

^ Interesting thing is he specifically notes LIGHTSABER Fight. So he's talking of a scenario without any Tk Involvement. So clearly being on a DS Nexus (which I'm not sure it is in true canon), would not have effected the end result of that duel. And that's without Tk involved.

He goes on to say that he is adept at wielding Lightsabers, but ultimately it's the fear of those swirling blades that takes down Jedi, and not necessarily his combat prowess being greater than theirs:

IGN: Yeah, once things aren't going so well for him, he quickly cheats or calls in help.

Filoni: Yeah, it's in the movie. Mace Windu says, "General Grievous will run and hide, as he always does." He's an interesting character for all that thought. And obviously, you know, he's adept at using lightsabers, but I always thought his thing was fear. If you are afraid of the many swirling blades, then you'll parish staring at them. But if you can just focus through it, you can defeat that opponent -- like any video game!

I love Filoni.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 01:17 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

That quote kinda trashes GG. The comment about him killing jedi because of their "fear of those swirling blades" makes jedi just seem like mooks who lose their nerve.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 01:20 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's just his opinion, it doesn't really trash anything.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 01:22 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

No I know, I just don't understand how he could have such a low opinion of Grievous. Jedi only die to him because him twirling his blades scares them, wtf is that rofl

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 01:24 PM
Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yeah... he's a funny dude

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 01:27 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by Trocity
That quote kinda trashes GG. The comment about him killing jedi because of their "fear of those swirling blades" makes jedi just seem like mooks who lose their nerve.

Actually he meant his situation of being a non-force sensitive more than ''swirling blade'' thing, he is not lowballing him imo, just that he thinks GG is overrated (what I understand from interview) and he thinks that GG has no chance to beat top duelists like Ventress, which is fine imho.

'' it's just me, but he doesn't have the Force. He can't wield it. I don't see how he can hope to be as proficient as a Jedi or a Sith could be fighting with a lightsaber, ''

Since, if Grievous as a non-force sensitive, can be a challange to top duelists, then why not Boba Fett or Jango Fett, Pre Vizsla etc. Without precog, it is really hard to duel with force sensitives.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Nov 20th, 2014 at 02:18 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 02:15 PM
Click here to Send Marco1907 a Private Message Find more posts by Marco1907 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Trocity
No I know, I just don't understand how he could have such a low opinion of Grievous. Jedi only die to him because him twirling his blades scares them, wtf is that rofl

Because their eyes can deceive them, when he swings those Sabers around so fast, it could seem to the Jedi like they have no chance. Hence the line "Your eyes can deceive you, don't trust them." (Kenobi to Luke SW:ANH).

Besides that's how Dooku has trained Grievous to fight Jedi, through surprise, fear and intimidation. That's how he's taught him to defeat the Jedi in LOE and in the OCW.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 20th, 2014 at 03:58 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 03:54 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darth Power be ignoring like three of my posts now while talking to other people. Get yourself a concession stand bro for real.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 04:00 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ILS
Darth Power be ignoring like three of my posts now while talking to other people. Get yourself a concession stand bro for real.

Because there's no point. I've given my points and evidences which you just ignore in favour of your Love for Grievous. So I've responded to some shorter posts by people who might be just a little open minded in favour of your long posts which just waste my time with you describing your love for Grievous and how you will never give up on him no matter what Filoni, Lucas or anyone else in charge of SW Canon thinks.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 20th, 2014 at 04:35 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 04:33 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because there's no point. I've given my points and evidences which you just ignore in favour of your Love for Grievous. So I've responded to some shorter posts by people who might be just a little open minded in favour of your long posts which just waste my time with you describing your love for Grievous and how you will never give up on him no matter what Filoni, Lucas or anyone else in charge of SW Canon thinks.
Or you just can't refute anything I've said big grin

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 04:37 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

I've no problem with using Legends feats, but only if does not contradict with Canon.

For example, Grievous contradicts like hell with Canon, in this circumstance, I will choose Canon over Legends. Or Anakin's overhyped strength in Legends, which is contradicted with Canon.

This is why I am choosing to ignore those feats, not because they are non-canon, because their EU feats contradict with Canon feats. Otherwise I wouldn't make Darth Krayt respect thread at the first place since that character is not even exist in Canon.

Last edited by Marco1907 on Nov 20th, 2014 at 04:47 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 04:44 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dude, Legends is it's own universe now. Most people debate Legends. It's just Lucas nuthuggers like you and DP who can't debate and resort to
quote:
"BUT IT WEREN'T IN LUCAS' VISION THO"

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 04:48 PM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Marco, I read through your Krayt respect thread. The final quote "Still, Humans make up the bulk of the Sith. The natural chaos of their emotions is capable of producing the warping passion necessary to create a Sith Lord. Many of the most powerful, terrifying, and notorious Sith Lords through history have been Human or near-Human, including Exar Kun, [Darth Malak], Darth Bane, Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, and Darth Krayt" was found by me, not Sasukedc. Secondly, you cropped Darth Malak's name out of the quote. Why?

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 05:00 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by ILS
Dude, Legends is it's own universe now. Most people debate Legends. It's just Lucas nuthuggers like you and DP who can't debate and resort to

Even in Legends Lucas's word was always final. Or were you not aware of the G, T and C canon hierarchy?

But Lucas's words actually mean less now that he's sold Lucasfilm. And Filoni's words actually mean more now that he's still creating new Canon for Lucasfilm.

And btw TCW was part of Legends continuity. Or do you not get where the 2 Universes get divided?

All that being said, your over-attachment to Legends is unhealthy considering it has been officially declared Non-Canon. You need to deal with that instead of complaining to people who bring that up.

I mean just look at this thread, the OP mentioned "ROTS" Grievous, yet you want to ignore Lucas's comments on him (Lucas made ROTS in case you didn't realize). The OP mentioned 2 versions of characters from TCW, yet you want to ignore TCW and the comments from the Director of TCW. Then you want to insist that it's the OCW Grievous in his super uberness that's the only relevant version of Grievous here, and that anyone who doesn't agree with that is simply wrong.

You need to wake up and deal with s*** brah.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 20th, 2014 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 05:13 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Even in Legends Lucas's word was always final. Or were you not aware of the G, T and C canon hierarchy?
Then, and nowadays, the EU is referred to as a parallel universe. G, T, C ect, canon is now obsolete, replaced by Canon and Legends.
quote:
I mean just look at this thread, the OP brought mentioned ROTS Grievous, yet you want to ignore Lucas's comments on him (Lucas made ROTS in case you didn't realize) and you want to insist that it's the OCW Grievous in his super uberness that's the only relevant version of Grievous here, and that anyone who doesn't agree with it is wrong.
OCW Grievous isn't a thing by itself - the battle of Hypori is referenced in Insider 86, Labyrinth of Evil, Star Wars: General Grievous and other sourcebooks/stories. And I've been bringing up feats for Grievous outside of the cartoon. You need to wrap your head around that - and, you need to wrap your head around the fact that TCW portrays characters differently from the EU, and that this is an EU board filled with people who are here to debate the EU. And when we do debate the EU, you lack the capacity to back up your own points due to a lack of knowledge, and resort to what can easily be viewed on-screen and spelled out to you through creator opinions.

Btw bro, you should probably stop trying to open new debates with me if it's "not worth it". It just makes it look like you can't refute my arguments and will only reply to select quotes. Poor form indeed.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 05:21 PM
Marco1907
Great Sith Lord

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Marco, I read through your Krayt respect thread. The final quote "Still, Humans make up the bulk of the Sith. The natural chaos of their emotions is capable of producing the warping passion necessary to create a Sith Lord. Many of the most powerful, terrifying, and notorious Sith Lords through history have been Human or near-Human, including Exar Kun, [Darth Malak], Darth Bane, Darth Sidious, Darth Vader, and Darth Krayt" was found by me, not Sasukedc. Secondly, you cropped Darth Malak's name out of the quote. Why?

Because newguy showed me like that without giving a credit to you.

Nice put. thumb up

Old Post Nov 20th, 2014 06:23 PM