KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Harry Potter vs. Star Wars Round 2

Harry Potter vs. Star Wars Round 2
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Everything subjective about the films in terms of directing, acting, etc. not the money aspect which was already covered in another topic.

The Op says nothing about this being restricted to only subjective matters. thus.

Originally posted by Silent Master
Total Star Wars Franchise Revenue $27,000,000,000

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 12:27 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by StealthRanger
Because Tolkien wrote Hobbit as a children's novel and that was before he put so much background into the whole verse

Pssh, yeah right, I imagine a whole cinema full of children with you as the odd one out with your lard flowing out both sides of the seat with a whole packet of Cheetos and a 2 litre bottle of Mountain Dew, yelling obnoxiously loudly whenever Voldemort appears on screen and cries hard when he suffers any kind of setback, then security having to be brought in to remove you from the cinema due to noise complaints from the children then going on an eating spree at McDonalds due to being denied seeing the rest of the movie on the big screen and blacklisted from the cinema

That was, 2011, now nobody cares and has moved on to quality series, something you shamefully never developed into

Harry Potter's plot was retarded, Voldemort was a fail of a villain, the acting was meh at best, their "duelling" and "fight scenes" were boring as shit, most of the characters were terrible and there were no memorable moments at all

I don't give a shit about quantity of films or box office

Simple fact if the matter is Lord of the Rings simply had a far bigger impact on geek culture and given alot of fictional universes were based on Tolkien's books puts it above a preteen fad like Harry Potter which influenced, nothing

If you thing Harry Potter was anything as influential or popular or what have you as Lord of the Rings, then you should probably make a judgement when you're not consuming excessive amounts of magic mushrooms, like you are now

Completely false.

http://www.npr.org/2014/06/20/32384...or-diagon-alley

The money made off of these books, movies, parks, merchandising makes it a global phenomenon.

http://whatculture.com/film/9-reaso...f-the-rings.php

If nobody cared theme parks would not have been created and no new films would have been made. Potter films have made more than Lotr films. Suck it. The movies get obviously darker as the series progresses and deals with actual relatable moments unlike the lets have a great adventure with all these black and white characters. Potter was a series that had logic and common sense behind their magic whereas Lotr just makes shit up whenever they want to use it. Everyone can use spells and has access to the same magic but differs based off skill and expertise. In potter for no reason explained Gandalf just comes back to life.

Bullshit. Voldemort was a villain unlike Sauron who had no characterization other than a black and white completely evil guy who was devoid of a personality. Voldemort actually was in the series and wasn't dead throughout the climax of his series. Anyone could have played Sauron as he was a big guy in a suit who swung his mace. You're an idiot.

I am arguing about the films not the books. This is the movies versus you dumb shit. Quit citing the books in the movie versus just because you're unhappy with the fact Poter outperformed the Lotr at the box office.

You're the same clod that thinks Sauron as a villain was epic despite any big guy putting on a suit and swinging a mace or moving around. Dummy.

laughing out loud laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 12:40 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

The Op says nothing about this being restricted to only subjective matters. thus.
We already had a topic about money made by franchises. I cited the subjective nature of this thread you're just too dumb to see it.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 12:41 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Total Star Wars Franchise Revenue $27,000,000,000

thumb up

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 01:11 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Quit rage looping.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 01:12 AM
The_Tempest

quote:
quanchi
Bullshit. Voldemort was a villain unlike Sauron who had no characterization other than a black and white completely evil guy who was devoid of a personality.

Voldemort wasn't a black-and-white completely evil guy?

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 01:13 AM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Voldemort wasn't a black-and-white completely evil guy?
We saw a real human explanation as to why he was out for himself. He was a very human evil character and givens he circumstances we can see why. No explanation as to Sauron just he's this evil overlord. I like Sauron a lot but in terms of acting or a personality he was pretty bland unlike Voldemort.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 01:16 AM
The_Tempest

Well no arguments that Sauron lacked personality {we really weren't exposed to him properly} but the movies didn't convey any complexity unto Voldemort either. That doesn't make him a bad villain per se, but he's definitely not a complicated one.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 01:18 AM
The_Tempest is currently offline Click here to Send The_Tempest a Private Message Find more posts by The_Tempest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by The_Tempest
Well no arguments that Sauron lacked personality {we really weren't exposed to him properly} but the movies didn't convey any complexity unto Voldemort either. That doesn't make him a bad villain per se, but he's definitely not a complicated one.
We saw enough and were told enough to see his human evil enough to see why he ended up that way. Sauron was not explained in any manner which was the problem in terms of complexity. Not that I am complaining because I liked Sauron but criticizing Volde let for being a bland villain while defending Lotr is a bit stupid.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 01:24 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

False. Box office dollars says Potter. Quit lying.

So now that the numbers didn't favor you, you want it to just be "Box office" money. Okay, you're still an idiot at math, cos:

SW adjusted for inflation box office = $4,651,137,200

HP adjusted for inflation box office = $2,875,134,800

4.65 > 2.87

/maths

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 28th, 2014 at 05:24 AM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 05:16 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Robtard
So now that the numbers didn't favor you, you want it to just be "Box office" money. Okay, you're still an idiot at math, cos:

4.65 > 2.87

/maths
We are not adjusting anything. Potter wins. Quit altering the numbers based on your biased. Also quit going off topic, short stack.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 05:54 AM
RJ 2.0
The Grammanator

4.65 > 2.87

/maths
He so mad mad

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 07:28 AM
RJ 2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send RJ 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by RJ 2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

4.65 > 2.87

/maths

Math >>>>>> quan.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 11:04 AM
RJ 2.0
The Grammanator

Originally posted by RJ 2.0
He so mad mad

Old Post Nov 28th, 2014 02:34 PM
RJ 2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send RJ 2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by RJ 2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Math >>>>>> quan.
You're very upset Potter has won.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 01:29 AM
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Math >>>>>> quan.

Intellegence>>>>Quan

Pre Schooler>>>>Quan

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 04:47 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Intellegence>>>>Quan

Pre Schooler>>>>Quan

Intelligence; you can't even spell it correctly you fool.

Quan wins yet again.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 05:01 AM
StealthRanger
S Class Demon

Intelligence; you can't even spell it correctly you fool.

Yeah, you really think this makes you sound smart?

Do us a favor and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYiytIVGVWA

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 05:08 AM
StealthRanger is currently offline Click here to Send StealthRanger a Private Message Find more posts by StealthRanger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Yeah, you really think this makes you sound smart?

Do us a favor and

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYiytIVGVWA
I think you spelling it incorrectly makes you seem really unintelligent.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 05:09 AM
Robtard
Senor Member

We are not adjusting anything. Potter wins. Quit altering the numbers based on your biased. Also quit going off topic, short stack.

Box office number > you

You're a grown man who can't accept that your favorite [children's] franchise didn't do as well as Star Wars. Pathetic, you are

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Nov 29th, 2014 06:24 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote