KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Despero Vs Thanos

Despero Vs Thanos
Started by: Classic NES

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Lobo never actually ate a city - that was a story told in a crossover told to Jenny Quantum, IIRC.

Also, lol at Despero tanking shots from PG/Hourman as some kinda high feat. From Superman, sure, GL, why not, Hawkman, meh....Hourman???

Lol im just stating what happened, he also tanked shots from powergirl.

It does not matter if that scan is not canon, lobo has fought evenly with superman multiple times....

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 02:46 PM
thingy150 is currently offline Click here to Send thingy150 a Private Message Find more posts by thingy150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by thingy150
http://i.imgur.com/AMmz74N.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/znDMkSW.jpg

The rock of eternity is supposed to be infinite in weight.

Despero has also speed blitzed supergirl before.

Lol that scan shows Sandman is able to lift infinity weight as well though...

It does not matter if that scan is not canon, lobo has fought evenly with superman multiple times....

Abhi's Superwatch is tingling now.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 02:49 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sandman can do it because he can control sand, it is kind of like how magneto can manipulate adamantium.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 02:51 PM
thingy150 is currently offline Click here to Send thingy150 a Private Message Find more posts by thingy150 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Sandman can do it because he can control sand, it is kind of like how magneto can manipulate adamantium.

So he can control an infinite mass of rock? That is essentially what the scan is showing.

Sandy lifted it, held it in the air, and smashed it down on DEspero, who caught it.

You're saying that in this instance,it shows Despero holding infinity.

Fine.

That also then means that Sandy lifted and held in the air and infinite mass of rock.

It's not quite the same as Magneto and Adamantium, as adamantium is not infinitely strong - it's VERY VERY strong, to be sure, not infinitely.

It's more like you saying Magneto can lift an infinite amount of metal, because he can control metal. Which is false.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 02:56 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

Think about what Thanos has stood up too..like Odin, Thor, Avengers, Hulk and on.

The likes of Odin who barely could keep him down.

Thanos is too versatile, plus I am assuming he has shields?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 02:57 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

So he can control an infinite mass of rock? That is essentially what the scan is showing.

Sandy lifted it, held it in the air, and smashed it down on DEspero, who caught it.

You're saying that in this instance,it shows Despero holding infinity.

Fine.

That also then means that Sandy lifted and held in the air and infinite mass of rock.

It's not quite the same as Magneto and Adamantium, as adamantium is not infinitely strong - it's VERY VERY strong, to be sure, not infinitely.

It's more like you saying Magneto can lift an infinite amount of metal, because he can control metal. Which is false.

Actually adamantium is said to be literally unbreakable when hardened, the reason magneto can play with it like silly putty is because of his powers. Sandman can do the same thing by controlling sand, he could not lift any other form of infinite weight but he can do so to sand because his ability allows him to.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 02:59 PM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Think about what Thanos has stood up too..like Odin, Thor, Avengers, Hulk and on.

The likes of Odin who barely could keep him down.

Thanos is too versatile, plus I am assuming he has shields?

I never said he would lose but despero will for sure make this into a fight, i still have this as 50/50.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:00 PM
Time Immemorial
Restricted

Account Restricted

I never said he would lose but despero will for sure make this into a fight, i still have this as 50/50.

Chill, I was making a general statement for the threadsmile

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:01 PM
Time Immemorial is currently offline Click here to Send Time Immemorial a Private Message Find more posts by Time Immemorial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Actually adamantium is said to be literally unbreakable when hardened, the reason magneto can play with it like silly putty is because of his powers. Sandman can do the same thing by controlling sand, he could not lift any other form of infinite weight but he can do so to sand because his ability allows him to.

Magneto played with Beta Adamantium, not true adamantium.
Even then, he extracted it from Wolverine, he didn't actually break it.
So you're saying Sandman can lift an infinite mass as long as it's rock/sand?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:04 PM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Chill, I was making a general statement for the threadsmile

Uhm i was never not "chill" what are you talking about. big grin

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:04 PM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Magneto played with Beta Adamantium, not true adamantium.
Even then, he extracted it from Wolverine, he didn't actually break it.
So you're saying Sandman can lift an infinite mass as long as it's rock/sand?

That is what the scan shows, lol magneto could have broken the adamantium he basically made it into liquid.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:05 PM
DarkSaint85

That is what the scan shows, lol magneto could have broken the adamantium he basically made it into liquid.

So your original post of adamantium being unbreakable once hardened is still true - Mags had to liquefy it.

Regardless, if you think Sandman can lift an infinite mass and control it with such precision that he could aim that tip at Despero....fair enough.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:10 PM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

So your original post of adamantium being unbreakable once hardened is still true - Mags had to liquefy it.

Regardless, if you think Sandman can lift an infinite mass and control it with such precision that he could aim that tip at Despero....fair enough.

Mags did not liquefy it, he made it look like liquid, leaky silly putty is a better analogy for what he did to the adamantium.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:27 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

No point in discussing that, we all know PG's boobs > adamantium.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:41 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

That's not really true. Lobo beat Superman the very first time they met way back in the pre-DoS era. Superman has won all their fights since then if I recall correctly. With each successive fight Superman has beat him worse than he did the previous time. Not calling you a liar but if you have proof otherwise I'd love to see the scans.

As for this fight, I'm not really sure. It's a damn good matchup. They both have some insane feats. Despero took on JLA but Thanos stalemated friggin' Odin. Both are extremely impressive.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Nov 24th, 2014 at 03:47 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:43 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Reflassshh
No point in discussing that, we all know PG's boobs > adamantium.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...QZPuQcxmC_ZJEcS

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:44 PM
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Star428
That's not really true. Lobo beat Superman the very first time they met way back in the pre-DoS era. Superman has won all their fights since then if I recall correctly. With each successive fight Superman has beat him worse than he did the previous time. Not calling you a liar but if you have proof otherwise I'd love to see the scans.

Lobo has jobbed a bit but he is generally excepted at superman lvl, he fought evenly with captain marvel also.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...llloboback2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...loboback2-2.jpg

He also briefly battled etrigan in hell.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...an+vs+superman+(4).jpg
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/.../> p8CqJNFrGegB

Lobo easily took a hit from etrigan but when superman got hit by him he got knocked to the moon.

Lobo is superman lvl, trust me. smokin'

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 03:50 PM
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Lobo has jobbed a bit but he is generally excepted at superman lvl, he fought evenly with captain marvel also.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...llloboback2.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c...loboback2-2.jpg

He also briefly battled etrigan in hell.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...an+vs+superman+(4).jpg
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/.../> p8CqJNFrGegB

Lobo easily took a hit from etrigan but when superman got hit by him he got knocked to the moon.

Lobo is superman lvl, trust me. smokin'

So, you're claiming that all of Lobo's losses to Superman are only because he's "jobbing"? Oh, please. That's ridiculous. You can't just claim a character is jobbing just because you don't like the outcome of a fight. If Superman had beaten him only once then yeah, you might be able to claim "jobbing" as a legitimate excuse but Clark's beaten him every single time since their first encounter and to claim that Lobo was "jobbing" in all of them just shows how much in denial you are.

Have you seen the fight between them where Superman was mind-controlled by Eclipso during the pre-DoS era? Lobo got owned and Superman has gotten several significant upgrades since then. I'm not claiming that Lobo is some kind of pushover or anything. I'd probably put him above a non-bloodlusted Wonder Woman, for instance. I'll admit that he's probably in the same tier as a holding back Superman but an unrestrained Superman owns him.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Last edited by Star428 on Nov 24th, 2014 at 04:25 PM

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 04:10 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

So who wins?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 10:15 PM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thingy150
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Star428
So, you're claiming that all of Lobo's losses to Superman are only because he's "jobbing"? Oh, please. That's ridiculous. You can't just claim a character is jobbing just because you don't like the outcome of a fight. If Superman had beaten him only once then yeah, you might be able to claim "jobbing" as a legitimate excuse but Clark's beaten him every single time since their first encounter and to claim that Lobo was "jobbing" in all of them just shows how much in denial you are.

Have you seen the fight between them where Superman was mind-controlled by Eclipso during the pre-DoS era? Lobo got owned and Superman has gotten several significant upgrades since then. I'm not claiming that Lobo is some kind of pushover or anything. I'd probably put him above a non-bloodlusted Wonder Woman, for instance. I'll admit that he's probably in the same tier as a holding back Superman but an unrestrained Superman owns him.

Lol you are so serious when you just misunderstood my words, logo was not bobbing when he fought superman I meant he has just bobbed before in general. He is still close to superman level. He has shown this by taking on captain marvel.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2014 10:22 PM