KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Michelle MacLaren To Direct Wonder Woman

Michelle MacLaren To Direct Wonder Woman
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 02:24 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Well, that sucks. Creative differences? I wonder (pun intended) who's at fault?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 03:21 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Horrible news.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 04:17 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Not a good sign. Depending in part on what the 'creative differences' are of course, but Wonder Woman is one place where I'm really hesitant on corporate's views.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 04:25 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Some info

"The official reason for her leaving is 'creative differences,' and that seems legit according to the scuttlebutt that has reached me. MacLaren and Warner Bros couldn't agree on anything - including what time period to set the movie. More than that, MacLaren had some very particular visions for the film, visions that maybe would have alienated fandom. Although perhaps Diana having a tiger sidekick/pet she could talk with would have appealed to people more than I expect. "

Ok, the time period thing I get, if they're aiming for modern wanting to do it elsewhen could be a problem.

Though... would anyone here feel alienated by a tiger pet? I wouldn't. Even if she hasn't had one before, I think I'd be ok with that!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:07 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Captain Marvel has the tiger. No reason for WW to have one as well.

Anyways, certainly a bummer she stepped down. Hopefully, someone as good replaces her, but I doubt it.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:32 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

If she was hired just for the publicity of it all - look! We hired a female to direct Wonder Woman - then that sucks. PIXAR did the same thing once with their movie Brave, only to show again what a boys club the company is.

Creative differences - they lost Joss Whedon to the same problem once upon a time. I guess Warners is searching for a Yes! Man to do whatever they want...who could that be...?

(Cough) Zack Snyder (Cough)

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 11:46 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

First they were hell bent on getting a Female director. Then they wouldn't give her creative freedom.

WB desperately needs a Kevin Feige to oversee their DCCU.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 12:01 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
First they were hell bent on getting a Female director. Then they wouldn't give her creative freedom.

That was just a myth. WB has stated that they weren't just looking at females. I've posted the links a few times. That was just fans thinking WB wanted females only.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 03:12 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Creative Difference... CD..... DC!

Coincidence? I don't think so.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 03:28 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

What does DC have to do with it? It's not like WB is the only studio to have creative differences.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 03:31 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Golgo13
That was just a myth. WB has stated that they weren't just looking at females. I've posted the links a few times. That was just fans thinking WB wanted females only.

Yeah I don't buy it. The rumor was they were looking for a female director for that movie, and that's what they found.

They haven't chosen or even considered a female Director for any of their other movies. So what are the chances that Wonder Woman was the one which just happened to land a female director when that rumor was going around?

Too big a coincidence Imho.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 04:47 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

she left because Marvel stole her away to do the Captain Marvel movie

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 05:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Sounds similar to the whole Edgar wright Antman issue. Good that she left early on in that case. Plenty of time to find a new director.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:43 PM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Yeah I don't buy it. The rumor was they were looking for a female director for that movie, and that's what they found.

They haven't chosen or even considered a female Director for any of their other movies. So what are the chances that Wonder Woman was the one which just happened to land a female director when that rumor was going around?

Too big a coincidence Imho.

Where did it state that they were ONLY looking for females? The reports were that they were both looking at male or female or the best person to do the job. Don't believe in rumors, bro.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:46 PM
Senor Cage

Well, this is good news. Hope its true.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 06:50 PM
Femi32

I wish they already had one. Bruce Timm is the closest person they have to a super producer like Kevin Feige. I don't know how someone can look at the DCAU he oversaw for 14 years and the direct to-DVD movies that have come out and say, "Nope! Not him! He's never worked on live action! WB knows what they're doing." WB has yet to prove that. Promote Timm to live action and hire Greg Weisman and Brandon Vietti to oversee the cartoons.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:00 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

lol @ Bruce Timm. He's not a guarantee slam dunk. The Animation department is a lot different than the films.

Already been addressed here.

So far, the Kevin Tsujihara era has been solid. He's hired Phil Lord and Chris Miller, David Ayer, and hopefully James Wan. Not to mention he got Ben Affleck who is one of the best filmmakers in Hollywood now. They don't necessarily need a Kvid Feige, they just need to make smart decisions and a Kevin Feige type isn't the only way.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 07:10 PM
Femi32

lol @ Bruce Timm. He's not a guarantee slam dunk. The Animation department is a lot different than the films.

It's moot if he's consistently done a better job than his live action peers. First Flight and Emerald Knights are way better than the Live action Green Lantern movie we got.

It's funny you bring up the man who also agrees with me that Gal Gadot is a terrible choice for Wonder Woman. His opinion on Bruce Timm isn't based on anything other than he's only worked on cartoons (many of which are better than the movies). He's a producer who knows how to manage talent, knows DC like the back of his hand, and has a knack for art direction and story telling (much more than Zack Snyder). How hard can it be for him to approve a story and hire directors and actors to guide it rather than voice actors and animators? Tell me in your own words (not Campea's) why he shouldn't be DCCU's producer.

So far, the Kevin Tsujihara era has been solid. He's hired Phil Lord and Chris Miller, David Ayer, and hopefully James Wan. Not to mention he got Ben Affleck who is one of the best filmmakers in Hollywood now. They don't necessarily need a Kvid Feige, they just need to make smart decisions and a Kevin Feige type isn't the only way.

Someone like Feige will assure there's quality control, lack of anachronies, and contradictions that plagued X-Men. You can't expect these directors to double check with each other all the time to make sure they aren't messing something up with no one to keep them in check. WB is trying to do the same thing Marvel is doing. Marvel has been copying off DC it's whole existence. WB might as well do the same. Kevin Tsujihara has yet to complete any of these projects besides Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Nothing to boast about, yet. I'm glad he's serious about them, but he still needs help.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 08:26 PM
Darth Thor

Screw John Campea man!

This is the same guy who told us Marvel would never go after Spider-Man and that DCCU shouldn't have ANY Solo movies (aside from MOS) before Justice League.

WB needs a Feige for their DCCU. Tim could do that. The fact that he's worked on animation is just a bonus. I mean how many live action or animated movies has Feige directed?

If it was up to Campea, Marvel wouldn't have Spider-Man now, and the ONLY movies in the DCCU we'd get before JL would be MOS and BvS.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 14th, 2015 at 08:32 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 08:30 PM