KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Michelle MacLaren To Direct Wonder Woman

Michelle MacLaren To Direct Wonder Woman
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Zack M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Femi32
It's moot if he's consistently done a better job than his live action peers. First Flight and Emerald Knights are way better than the Live action Green Lantern movie we got.

It's funny you bring up the man who also agrees with me that Gal Gadot is a terrible choice for Wonder Woman. His opinion on Bruce Timm isn't based on anything other than he's only worked on cartoons (many of which are better than the movies). He's a producer who knows how to manage talent, knows DC like the back of his hand, and has a knack for art direction and story telling (much more than Zack Snyder). How hard can it be for him to approve a story and hire directors and actors to guide it rather than voice actors and animators? Tell me in your own words (not Campea's) why he shouldn't be DCCU's producer.

Someone like Feige will assure there's quality control, lack of anachronies, and contradictions that plagued X-Men. You can't expect these directors to double check with each other all the time to make sure they aren't messing something up with no one to keep them in check. WB is trying to do the same thing Marvel is doing. Marvel has been copying off DC it's whole existence. WB might as well do the same. Kevin Tsujihara has yet to complete any of these projects besides Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice. Nothing to boast about, yet. I'm glad he's serious about them, but he still needs help.

Fox doesn't have a Fiege type and I've been enjoying their movies just as much if not more so than the MCCU.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 08:50 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Screw John Campea man!

This is the same guy who told us Marvel would never go after Spider-Man and that DCCU shouldn't have ANY Solo movies (aside from MOS) before Justice League.

WB needs a Feige for their DCCU. Tim could do that. The fact that he's worked on animation is just a bonus. I mean how many live action or animated movies has Feige directed?

If it was up to Campea, Marvel wouldn't have Spider-Man now, and the ONLY movies in the DCCU we'd get before JL would be MOS and BvS.

You act like nobody makes mistakes or says wrong things. Jon isn't perfect and MOST of the things he says makes sense, because he works close to the industry. He certainly knows more than we do, that's for sure.

Agree to disagree that WB needs a Fiege. WB is going to make a crap load of money soon once the DCCU comes out. They've been strong on the directing side, too.

Fox is making awesome stuff without a Fiege type. And they've made a lot of money, with no end in sight. Deadpool, X-Men Apoc, Gambit, etc...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 08:52 PM
Zack M is currently offline Click here to Send Zack M a Private Message Find more posts by Zack M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by Golgo13
Fox doesn't have a Fiege type and I've been enjoying their movies just as much if not more so than the MCCU.
outside of the last 2, Fox was on a huge down slide in movies.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 09:32 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JayDaDon
G.O.A.T Ranger

Kevin Tsujihara might just be DC/WB's Kevin Feige. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 09:40 PM
JayDaDon is currently offline Click here to Send JayDaDon a Private Message Find more posts by JayDaDon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
outside of the last 2, Fox was on a huge down slide in movies.

But their movies have been getting better. At least, imo
Plus FF looks really good.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 09:48 PM
Darth Thor

You act like nobody makes mistakes or says wrong things. Jon isn't perfect and MOST of the things he says makes sense, because he works close to the industry. He certainly knows more than we do, that's for sure.

Yeah but it doesn't matter what he knows because he treats his opinions as facts so it's difficult to differentiate between what he Knows and what he Thinks. And he's just been wrong too many times on the big issues to use his arguments Imo.

Agree to disagree that WB needs a Fiege. WB is going to make a crap load of money soon once the DCCU comes out. They've been strong on the directing side, too.

Fox is making awesome stuff without a Fiege type. And they've made a lot of money, with no end in sight. Deadpool, X-Men Apoc, Gambit, etc...

Lauren Shuler Donner is Fox's Feige and she's doing a Fantastic job. Whose doing that for WB? Choosing Snyder to do both BvS and JL after already doing MOS is a big mistake IMO. He did a decent job for MOS, but he hasn't proven himself to give him THAT much responsibility. So whose making these decisions is what I want to know?

Originally posted by JayDaDon
Kevin Tsujihara might just be DC/WB's Kevin Feige. But we'll just have to wait and see.

Not really comparable seen as he's the CEO of the whole company, so is way too busy to play the Feige for the DCCU.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 14th, 2015 at 09:58 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 09:55 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Browncoat

Screw John Campea man!

If it was up to Campea, Marvel wouldn't have Spider-Man now, and the ONLY movies in the DCCU we'd get before JL would be MOS and BvS.

Tbf, nobody saw the spiderman thing coming. I mean, Marvel was on a serious roll and didn't even need spiderman.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 11:01 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by DARTH POWER Screw John Campea man!

evil face evil face evil face

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 11:35 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Firefly218
Tbf, nobody saw the spiderman thing coming. I mean, Marvel was on a serious roll and didn't even need spiderman.

Yeah but "needing" is different to "wanting". The only thing Marvel had missing was their Massive Icon. And they "wanted" to be able to use him, so they had everything.

Plus people who know their movie industry facts (like Campea is supposed to) could tell you Marvel already had an invested interest in how well Sony's Spider-Man movies were doing, because Marvel profits from Movie Merchandise for Spider-Man unlike with X-Men & FF. So there was always a decent chance of marvel helping sony with Spider-Man in some fashion. In fact the Oscorp building almost made it into Avengers 1 but wasn't done only due to time constraints.

Anyway Campea's problem isn't his predictions and arguments. It's how arrogant he is regarding his opinions, making them out to be facts, which just makes him lose a lot of credibility when he's wrong on major stuff like that.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 14th, 2015 at 11:59 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2015 11:57 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

But their movies have been getting better. At least, imo
Plus FF looks really good.
??? What? The first Trailer was mostly background shots, and we have had a bunch of poor lighting outline shots of the four... No Doom. How is it looking good?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 12:20 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M

Yeah but it doesn't matter what he knows because he treats his opinions as facts so it's difficult to differentiate between what he Knows and what he Thinks. And he's just been wrong too many times on the big issues to use his arguments Imo.

Lauren Shuler Donner is Fox's Feige and she's doing a Fantastic job. Whose doing that for WB? Choosing Snyder to do both BvS and JL after already doing MOS is a big mistake IMO. He did a decent job for MOS, but he hasn't proven himself to give him THAT much responsibility. So whose making these decisions is what I want to know?

Not really comparable seen as he's the CEO of the whole company, so is way too busy to play the Feige for the DCCU.

Not really. John has stated countless times that most of what he says is just opinion. Pretty much everything he states beforehand has an opinion disclaimer.

Who is WB'S Kevin Feige? Supposedly the guy who's been helping out at Fox will help oversea DCCU. That and Kevin T. And Zack Snyder who has big plans for the DCCU. They really just need to make good choices.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 12:34 AM
Zack M

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
??? What? The first Trailer was mostly background shots, and we have had a bunch of poor lighting outline shots of the four... No Doom. How is it looking good?

The whole thing looks good. The tone of the movie and the entire direction of it all. I'm a big Miles teller fan after seeing Whiplash, so that helps. Solid actor.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 12:36 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

That's because several years ago they hired a Marvel insider - Mark Millar - to be a consultant on their films. It's no coincidence the Marvel films by Fox has been better since he's been aboard (which means post-X-Men Origins: Wolverine.)

DC trying to do the same thing with Geoff Johns unfortunately got them a bust, with Green Lantern. And Christopher Nolan seems to have moved on after Man Of Steel.

Marvel studios has their insider group of permanent consultants from the comics - Brian Bendis, Joe Quesada, Alan Fine. DC needs to do the same thing.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 02:44 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

The whole thing looks good. The tone of the movie and the entire direction of it all. I'm a big Miles teller fan after seeing Whiplash, so that helps. Solid actor.

I guess it's just personal opinion but I massively disagree.

Out of all the major comic book properties, there are two which I'd say shouldn't be 'dark and gritty' at all, those being Superman and the Fantastic Four.

I mean the core of the FF is that this incredible thing happens which leads to amazing adventures. Making it dark and (as they've said in interviews) more realistic is completely against the core tenants of the property. Sure bad things can happen (ie look at Hickman's run, stuff gets bad at times) but at it's core it's optimistic and light.

Everything promoted and said about the new movie seems to directly contradict these core ideas, and also, the sheer insanity that should be an FF franchise. I mean of all the things to make 'realistic' and serious, it's really not one of them.

Again though, personal taste and your mileage may vary.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 03:04 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by roughrider
DC trying to do the same thing with Geoff Johns unfortunately got them a bust, with Green Lantern.

I wouldn't blame Johns for Green Lantern. The original script was quite good, but it was rewritten numerous times until WB hired their preferred writer and made the movie.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 03:29 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Who is WB'S Kevin Feige? Supposedly the guy who's been helping out at Fox will help oversea DCCU. That and Kevin T. And Zack Snyder who has big plans for the DCCU. They really just need to make good choices.

That is worrisome. 'The guy' from FOX shouldn't be overseeing the DCCU when WB already has people qualified for that. It's about respecting and knowing the source material along with making movies.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 03:36 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

That's because several years ago they hired a Marvel insider - Mark Millar - to be a consultant on their films. It's no coincidence the Marvel films by Fox has been better since he's been aboard (which means post-X-Men Origins: Wolverine.)

So Mark Miller has done actual things over at Fox?.......i remember before Days of Future Past got released Bryan Singer hadn't even met Mark Millar, Seems he's there along for the ride.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 03:54 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by Femi32
I wouldn't blame Johns for Green Lantern. The original script was quite good, but it was rewritten numerous times until WB hired their preferred writer and made the movie.

yeah, if anything, they could have let johns have MORE input.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 04:20 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I guess it's just personal opinion but I massively disagree.

Out of all the major comic book properties, there are two which I'd say shouldn't be 'dark and gritty' at all, those being Superman and the Fantastic Four.

I'd toss in Wonder Woman, but yea.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 04:31 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack M

DC trying to do the same thing with Geoff Johns unfortunately got them a bust, with Green Lantern. And Christopher Nolan seems to have moved on after Man Of Steel.

Marvel studios has their insider group of permanent consultants from the comics - Brian Bendis, Joe Quesada, Alan Fine. DC needs to do the same thing.

Geoff Johns was not to blame for that failure. Supposedly, he had very little to do with Green Lantern's outcome. That's funny that you bring up Mark Millar, because supposedly Geoff Johns is working closer to the TV show and film side, which is why he's only writing one book now, which is the JLA.

Warner's shows have generally been hits with a lot more to come.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 05:09 AM