KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Michelle MacLaren To Direct Wonder Woman

Michelle MacLaren To Direct Wonder Woman
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
I guess it's just personal opinion but I massively disagree.

Out of all the major comic book properties, there are two which I'd say shouldn't be 'dark and gritty' at all, those being Superman and the Fantastic Four.

I mean the core of the FF is that this incredible thing happens which leads to amazing adventures. Making it dark and (as they've said in interviews) more realistic is completely against the core tenants of the property. Sure bad things can happen (ie look at Hickman's run, stuff gets bad at times) but at it's core it's optimistic and light.

Everything promoted and said about the new movie seems to directly contradict these core ideas, and also, the sheer insanity that should be an FF franchise. I mean of all the things to make 'realistic' and serious, it's really not one of them.

Again though, personal taste and your mileage may vary.

Different strokes for different folks, then, but Fox did a light Fantastic Four and it turned out to be crap. From the story side of it and the casting. I don't want that again.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 05:11 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Geoff Johns would be a great guy to oversee ALL DC Movies and Tv Series.

The impression I get though is that he has a lot more say on Tv, but hardly any for the movies. Figures why their Tv products are turning out so well.

Originally posted by Golgo13
Not really. John has stated countless times that most of what he says is just opinion. Pretty much everything he states beforehand has an opinion disclaimer.

Yeah and his OPINIONS on all big DC/MARVEL Movie topics have usually been wrong. So why bring him up making the argument that Bruce Tiim isn't the right guy to head the DCCU?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 10:00 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by -Pr-
yeah, if anything, they could have let johns have MORE input.

A better first Green Lantern movie would have been the Secret Origin story by Geoff Johns, where rookie Hal teams up with Sinestro to take down Atrocious.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 02:46 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Geoff Johns would be a great guy to oversee ALL DC Movies and Tv Series.

The impression I get though is that he has a lot more say on Tv, but hardly any for the movies. Figures why their Tv products are turning out so well.

Yeah and his OPINIONS on all big DC/MARVEL Movie topics have usually been wrong. So why bring him up making the argument that Bruce Tiim isn't the right guy to head the DCCU?

It's just not John saying it could or could not work, it's his entire crew and facts to back it up. Has Bruce Timm ever worked on a big budget movie with millions on the line? Nope. Does it mean he couldn't, probably not, but he has yet to prove himself in the film industry and there are more reasoning that he might fail than succeed.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 06:58 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Femi32
That is worrisome. 'The guy' from FOX shouldn't be overseeing the DCCU when WB already has people qualified for that. It's about respecting and knowing the source material along with making movies.

How do you know the guy from Fox doesn't know his source material?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 06:59 PM
Darth Thor

It's just not John saying it could or could not work, it's his entire crew and facts to back it up. Has Bruce Timm ever worked on a big budget movie with millions on the line? Nope. Does it mean he couldn't, probably not, but he has yet to prove himself in the film industry and there are more reasoning that he might fail than succeed.

Better than having no one. Because Mr. Nobody has no previous experience in Film or Animation.

Fact is DC's animation has consistently been better than the films. If the Green Lantern film had the same "story" as the animated feature it would have been 100 times better. You can get proper movie writers and directors to script make the film after that. It's not like Feige makes, scripts and directs the Marvel movies himself.

So people see someone like Tiim doing such a great job with the DCAU and think jeez if you have no one then get that guy to oversee your films overall story arcs. Just like Feige does. Geoff Johns would also be a great choice for the role IMO.

The logic works much better than Snyder, then more Snyder then even more Snyder.

That's my opinion anyway. And honestly for all his "credentials" I make much more sense than Mr. Campea. There are other movie experts who completely disagree with him. He's not the god of movie news.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Apr 15th, 2015 at 08:40 PM

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 08:38 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Better than having no one. Because Mr. Nobody has no previous experience in Film or Animation.

Fact is DC's animation has consistently been better than the films. If the Green Lantern film had the same "story" as the animated feature it would have been 100 times better. You can get proper movie writers and directors to script make the film after that. It's not like Feige makes, scripts and directs the Marvel movies himself.

So people see someone like Tiim doing such a great job with the DCAU and think jeez if you have no one then get that guy to oversee your films overall story arcs. Just like Feige does. Geoff Johns would also be a great choice for the role IMO.

The logic works much better than Snyder, then more Snyder then even more Snyder.

That's my opinion anyway. And honestly for all his "credentials" I make much more sense than Mr. Campea. There are other movie experts who completely disagree with him. He's not the god of movie news.

Agree to disagree. WB has better people in charge now, though. Which is why we're getting a lot more than we ever have in the past.

Who knows whether the movies will be good, but WB is certainly delivering recently and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 09:03 PM
Femi32

How do you know the guy from Fox doesn't know his source material?

I don't, but I know the people from DC (Timm and Johns) are more qualified and make more sense.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 11:06 PM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by Femi32
I don't, but I know the people from DC (Timm and Johns) are more qualified and make more sense.

Johns is working in the TV/Film department.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 11:18 PM
Senor Cage

Also, looks like WB got Patty Jenkins who was going to direct Thor 2.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...ers-very-789069

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 11:18 PM
Darth Thor

Johns is working in the TV/Film department.

I know. But we're saying he should be the guy whose actually in charge of the DCCU and not just a consultant. He was just a consultant for GL. He seems to have more creative input with the Tv shows.

Anyway I hope you're right and WB kills it with the DCCU. I actually think Suicide Squad is a genius move on their part.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 11:26 PM
Senor Cage

We really don't know the extent to what he's doing, though. It's all speculation.

I agree. The way WB handled Suicide Squad was pretty awesome. From the director, to the cast, etc...

Old Post Apr 15th, 2015 11:39 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

will someone let me know when jenkins leaves for creative reasons lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 04:08 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Hah, something I heard that'd be tragic if true:

"What if there's been a misunderstanding? What if MacLaren didn't actually say anything about a tiger? It's so obvious--

What if what she really said was that she wanted to put Cheetah in the movie?"

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 07:14 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

What were the "creative differences" she quit over?

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 07:28 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

We really don't know the extent to what he's doing, though. It's all speculation.

We know he's not the guy in charge. In fact they don't seem to have a Feige, someone whose in charge of the movie division story group, someone who knows the source material well, so is filled with fresh ideas to draw from there.

Originally posted by Tzeentch
What were the "creative differences" she quit over?

From the sounds of it, pretty much everything. Ones that were noted were the time period the film should take place in, and a sidekick animal for WW.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 12:58 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

We know he's not the guy in charge. In fact they don't seem to have a Feige, someone whose in charge of the movie division story group, someone who knows the source material well, so is filled with fresh ideas to draw from there.

From the sounds of it, pretty much everything. Ones that were noted were the time period the film should take place in, and a sidekick animal for WW.

i wanted the sidekick animal lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 05:48 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

We know he has an important part, that's for sure. Whether WB needs a Kevin Feige remains to be seen. So far they haven't a need for one.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 07:13 PM
Darth Thor

Whether WB needs a Kevin Feige remains to be seen. So far they haven't a need for one.

Well that's debateable given how slow they've been kick starting their DCCU.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 10:05 PM
Senor Cage

Well that's debateable given how slow they've been kick starting their DCCU.

Movies just don't pop up. Ever since Kevin T has taken over, he's been amping up BOTH TV and film (12 movies in 5 years and a ton of shows). MOS didn't come out too long ago and that was their FIRST in it's DCCU.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2015 11:41 PM