KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book Movies » Michelle MacLaren To Direct Wonder Woman

Michelle MacLaren To Direct Wonder Woman
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Golgo13
Movies just don't pop up. Ever since Kevin T has taken over, he's been amping up BOTH TV and film (12 movies in 5 years and a ton of shows). MOS didn't come out too long ago and that was their FIRST in it's DCCU.

The current DCCU plan began with MOS. However they have been trying to get that started for over 10 years.

First the plan was to have a BvS and Justice League alongside Routh's Superman and Bale's Batman but with a different continuity and different Batman and Superman. That completely fell through.

Then just a few years ago Green Lantern was supposed to be the start of the DCCU. That obviously didn't work out either.

Now they're doing it after MOS. And even then waiting 3 years just for the next film in that Universe is pretty damn slow for a Shared Movie Universe.

So I'm not just going to put my head in the sand and pretend everything's perfect with the way WB has handled DC properties so far, and they couldn't do anything better or be at all more efficient. Because that's just not true.

I hope it all goes incredibly well over the next few years, I really do. But you know I have every reason to be sceptical and critical right now. WB simply have yet to prove themselves with their DCCU.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 12:00 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
The current DCCU plan began with MOS. However they have been trying to get that started for over 10 years.

First the plan was to have a BvS and Justice League alongside Routh's Superman and Bale's Batman but with a different continuity and different Batman and Superman. That completely fell through.

Then just a few years ago Green Lantern was supposed to be the start of the DCCU. That obviously didn't work out either.

Now they're doing it after MOS. And even then waiting 3 years just for the next film in that Universe is pretty damn slow for a Shared Movie Universe.

So I'm not just going to put my head in the sand and pretend everything's perfect with the way WB has handled DC properties so far, and they couldn't do anything better or be at all more efficient. Because that's just not true.

I hope it all goes incredibly well over the next few years, I really do. But you know I have every reason to be sceptical and critical right now. WB simply have yet to prove themselves with their DCCU.

I know the history. I'm just saying don't compare eras of leadership. The new people in charge are getting things done. Attracting talent from both actors and directors (Who would of ever though someone like Will Smith would play Deadshot?) and going forward with super heroes that aren't Batman and Superman. In fact, I told you guys they would way before they even announced their 10 movie slate. Most of you had doubts, but I didn't.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 12:58 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Oh it's no surprise they're attempting other heroes. They did after all attempt Green Lantern. But they're doing it very cautiously this time, introducing them through the Batman/Superman franchises first. And really taking their time giving us a Solo movie without Batman or Superman in it.

We'll see how it turns out. But it's definitely way too early to congratulate them on their DCCU success.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 01:10 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Oh it's no surprise they're attempting other heroes. They did after all attempt Green Lantern. But they're doing it very cautiously this time, introducing them through the Batman/Superman franchises first. And really taking their time giving us a Solo movie without Batman or Superman in it.

We'll see how it turns out. But it's definitely way too early to congratulate them on their DCCU success.

I'm not really congratulating them, though. For all we know the future movies could very well suck. What I'm pleased with is the talent they've been getting, so that bodes well for them going into the future.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 01:13 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

We know he has an important part, that's for sure. Whether WB needs a Kevin Feige remains to be seen. So far they haven't a need for one.
They have one movie out. Marvel has built momentum and released hit after hit. It isn't the same thing. Even daredevil was a mega success in terms of a Netflix series which was considerably darker. They have meticulously planned and not fallen back on old formulas but created unique characters and tones. Do not act like it is even close at this point. Be hopeful all you want but it ends there at this point.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 02:05 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Holy Moly. Anyone see the trailer yet? Visually stunning. Can't wait to see Dina.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 02:22 AM
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Holy Moly. Anyone see the trailer yet? Visually stunning. Can't wait to see Dina.

MoS was also visually stunning, sucker punch was visually stunning. Doesn't mean it'll be a good movie.

Teaser trailer felt devoid of character and heart. It felt like a heartless video game cut scene.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 02:39 AM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

MOS didn't look as good as this. Larry Fong, ftw.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 04:10 AM
Femi32

Originally posted by quanchi112
They have one movie out. Marvel has built momentum and released hit after hit. It isn't the same thing. Even daredevil was a mega success in terms of a Netflix series which was considerably darker. They have meticulously planned and not fallen back on old formulas but created unique characters and tones. Do not act like it is even close at this point. Be hopeful all you want but it ends there at this point.

He wasn't comparing WB to Marvel Studios. He was commenting on WB not needing a top executive producer for DC movies (which I disagree with). Don't turn this into Marvel vs. DC.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 10:20 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Actually, go ahead Quan.

Quan vs. Golgo seems like it'd be entertaining to watch.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 10:30 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Femi32
Don't turn this into Marvel vs. DC.

thumb up

The fact that they're going to show the BvS trailer in front of Avengers shows there's no war going on. It's all in the fanboys heads. And Feige himself praises Nolan's Batman - He just recently said the new Spider-Man should do what BB did for Batman. I.e. he puts BB up on a pedestal for other comic book reboots to learn from.

I don't expect WB to match Marvel with their DC Properties (realistically). I'll just be happy with them making some great movie franchises of their own (preferably ones without Batman or Superman).

Because then we have Great films from both Marvel and DC. And we win. It's not like we have a choice to watch/enjoy just one or the other Lol. But what we won't enjoy are crappy movies.

Old Post Apr 17th, 2015 11:29 AM
Femi32

Originally posted by Tzeentch
Actually, go ahead Quan.

Quan vs. Golgo seems like it'd be entertaining to watch.

I can see how it could be, but no. I may not agree with Golgo13 on how WB does things, but at least I know he wants a good DCCU. Quanchi is all Marvel and I can't blame him as far as the movies and Daredevil go. Now, if only Marvel could give me good animated shows, direct to DVD animated movies, and some videogames as good as the Arkham series.

thumb up

The fact that they're going to show the BvS trailer in front of Avengers shows there's no war going on. It's all in the fanboys heads. And Feige himself praises Nolan's Batman - He just recently said the new Spider-Man should do what BB did for Batman. I.e. he puts BB up on a pedestal for other comic book reboots to learn from.

I don't expect WB to match Marvel with their DC Properties (realistically). I'll just be happy with them making some great movie franchises of their own (preferably ones without Batman or Superman).

Because then we have Great films from both Marvel and DC. And we win. It's not like we have a choice to watch/enjoy just one or the other Lol. But what we won't enjoy are crappy movies.

thumb up

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 03:05 AM
Femi32 is currently offline Click here to Send Femi32 a Private Message Find more posts by Femi32 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 03:37 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Femi32

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the real reason she was fired...

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/w...-wb-1201473481/

WW in the vein of Brave Heart? I haven't seen that movie in years, but that sounds like it would be cool. However, there's nothing wrong with a character driven story. People complained about MOS lacking character and if this article is true, people will complain about, too. Just look at the comments section for that article.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 06:09 AM
Tzeentch
#gottem

quote:
The studio will now look to get Jenkins up to speed quickly and is already preparing to find the male lead and love interest for “Wonder Woman” star Gal Gadot.

lol

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 11:02 AM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

whereas Warner wanted a more character-driven story that was less heavy on action.

erm

If they wanted a character driven story they should have hired a better actress.

But a Braveheart type Epic origin story for WW sounds frigging Awesome.

Oh well, we'll just have to see what kind of character driven story they deliver.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 11:32 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

It honestly sounds like fancy language to me. Covering up and trying to be nice rather than admit why she left.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 12:24 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

whereas Warner wanted a more character-driven story that was less heavy on action.

erm

If they wanted a character driven story they should have hired a better actress.

But a Braveheart type Epic origin story for WW sounds frigging Awesome.

Oh well, we'll just have to see what kind of character driven story they deliver.

thumb up

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 07:12 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Patty Jenkins is the hired replacement?

She was the second director hired for Thor: The Dark World as well. Before 'creative differences' - and the amount of time needed to devote to a big budget screen project, as opposed to TV - got her jettisoned in favour of Alan Taylor.

We'll see if she stays in the director's chair for this, or if history repeats itself and they hire Director No. 3, and just give up on the need for this to have a female director.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 11:01 PM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by roughrider

We'll see if she stays in the director's chair for this, or if history repeats itself and they hire Director No. 3, and just give up on the need for this to have a female director.

It does seems like they're hell bent on this being a female director with no real big screen directing experience.

Old Post Apr 18th, 2015 11:33 PM